CND lamp issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belllla

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I have a CND UV lamp, I've used only 8 hours of it but now one bulb keeps cutting out, I have took the bulb out and put it back in (just in case it was loose) and it worked great, now its cutting out again.

I've changed the bulb with another so that its in a different location so I'm waiting to see how that works, if the same bulb goes out its a bulb issue but if it doesnt go out would I assume its working now?

I did notice that when I was doing ACG yesterday that there was some colour on the top coat brush, that tells me that its not curing the gel polish?

I bought the lamp off ebay (I know, I know) brand new so I'm not sure if my warranty will be valid :(. I emailed the woman I bought it from and at first she offered a new bulb but I said I've changed the location of the bulb to ensure its a bulb problem and not an issue with the lamp itself.

The woman from ebay hasnt messaged me back and now I'm worried that I'll have a broken lamp and will be out of pocked £140 and need a new lamp.

Oh the stress..... :mad::mad:

Hi Bella, I am feeling for you but I believe nothing can be done :( You should have got in touch with Sweetsquared.com and bought a lamp directly from them. You will be surprised how much it actually costs. Hope you get it sorted. ((hugs))

PS. Fingertips Centre has a shop front you can buy all the goodies too! Please connect with them on Facebook they are amazing. 20 Harvest Road, EH28 8LW Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Last edited:
If you bought the lamp of eBay you won't have a leg to stand on I'm afraid :(
Also even if you complain to eBay like you say it's been 8 months I highly doubt they will be able to do much either :(

Well if the bulb cuts out again, it's clearly the bulb but if it doesn't, then it's a lamp issue and it wouldn't surprise me, coming from a place like Fleabay.

This could be the time where it becomes "lesson learned" about buying from Fleabay instead of a authorized supplier.
With Fleabay, you have no idea what you are actually buying, where it's from, where it's made, if it's made to safety standards etc etc and I'm sorry to quote the obvious but we all know that CND do not sell genuine new CND lamps on Fleabay, so I would say you have yourself a fake, dodgy lamp and you have just wasted good money and put yourself, your clients and your salon/home at risk (of fire).

Bin it and go buy yourself a true CND lamp from S2.

Hi Ladies

I have a CND UV lamp, I've used only 8 hours of it but now one bulb keeps cutting out, I have took the bulb out and put it back in (just in case it was loose) and it worked great, now its cutting out again.

I've changed the bulb with another so that its in a different location so I'm waiting to see how that works, if the same bulb goes out its a bulb issue but if it doesnt go out would I assume its working now?

I did notice that when I was doing ACG yesterday that there was some colour on the top coat brush, that tells me that its not curing the gel polish?

I bought the lamp off ebay (I know, I know) brand new so I'm not sure if my warranty will be valid :(. I emailed the woman I bought it from and at first she offered a new bulb but I said I've changed the location of the bulb to ensure its a bulb problem and not an issue with the lamp itself.

The woman from ebay hasnt messaged me back and now I'm worried that I'll have a broken lamp and will be out of pocked £140 and need a new lamp.

Oh the stress..... :mad::mad:

Firstly, there is no warranty on a lamp bought from ebay .. of course not.

It sounds as though you have fixed the problem.

As to the bit of your post that I have highlighted in red. I do not think you have any curing problem going on. The sticky inhibition layer naturally has some colour in it that is un-cured; sometimes a little of this colour can be picked up on your top coat brush, particularly if you drag the brush over the top instead of 'floating' the top coat on as you should be doing.

Polishing well is a technique, like anything else, and lightness of touch is absolutely essential to get that final professional finish that sets you apart from the do-it-at-home-job. :wink2:

Thank you all for replying..... I knew the warranty wouldn'd stand... BUMMER!! Gutted, how could I be so stupid?!?! Leason learned. If its the bulb I will get a new one, if not I'll get a new lamp and not from fleabay!!

@StudioSparkle, thanks for the hug, I needed that! Thank you for telling em about fingertips, i will go check that out.

@AmeliaR, its only been 6 weeks :( absolutely gutted!

@Wooshka I think it may be the bulb, however time will tell. It isnt a fake, it's exactly the same as my old lamp. I totally agree with the fleabay comment.... you don't know what you're buying or where from!! so lession learned and I will NEVER buy anything for professional use from there again!!

@geegee I hope I have fixed it, fingers crossed. Great tip, I hadnt thought about how heavy I might be being, I just put it down to the lamp as its never happened before.

Thank you all for replying..... I knew the warranty wouldn'd stand... BUMMER!! Gutted, how could I be so stupid?!?! Leason learned. If its the bulb I will get a new one, if not I'll get a new lamp and not from fleabay!!

@StudioSparkle, thanks for the hug, I needed that! Thank you for telling em about fingertips, i will go check that out.

@Wooshka I think it may be the bulb, however time will tell. It isnt a fake, it's exactly the same as my old lamp. I totally agree with the fleabay comment.... you don't know what you're buying or where from!! so lession learned and I will NEVER buy anything for professional use from there again!!

@geegee I hope I have fixed it, fingers crossed. Great tip, I hadnt thought about how heavy I might be being, I just put it down to the lamp as its never happened before.

If I bought a 2nd hand lamp, I would for sure buy new bulbs to go with it. There could be a curing issue if the bulbs are old and you don't really know.

Replace the bulbs first is my advice, then hold down the reset button until 99 flashes up on the digital screen ... then you will know how many hours of effective use you have. x

If I bought a 2nd hand lamp, I would for sure buy new bulbs to go with it. There could be a curing issue if the bulbs are old and you don't really know.

Replace the bulbs first is my advice, then hold down the reset button until 99 flashes up on the digital screen ... then you will know how many hours of effective use you have. x

I checked last night and I have 91 hours left, should I still buy new bulbs?

I just wouldn't trust it .. anyone can re-set the lamp to give you a false reading. You just don't know and if you think you are having any curing issues then one way to be sure is to change the bulbs .. then you absolutely know for sure.

you have 91 hours left on the timer, whose to say the ebay seller didn't reset the timer without changing the bulbs. you have no way to know, so if you decide to not to replace the lamp you should buy new bulbs from sweet squared (or the fingertips centre).

edit: geeg beat me to it!!

Sorry I new I saw 8 somewhere lol :)

Hopefully this thread will help other people learn a lesson too!

Specially with such a vital piece of equipment!!

Geeg & Syncage I had no idea you could reset it for the 100 hours if the bulbs werent new.

New bulbs it is.

thank you ladies :)

Sorry I new I saw 8 somewhere lol :)

Hopefully this thread will help other people learn a lesson too!

Specially with such a vital piece of equipment!!

LOL. Absolutely!!! I hope it does too, I feel like such an idiot, but hey I can only learn from it :)

If its only been 6 weeks surely you can still open a dispute case if the seller is ignoring you? if not i would phone fleabay and ask them for their advice. They can actually be quite helpful and usually take the side of the buyer. Buying work gear off fleabay or second hand is a big no no :smack: i've had many boobs on fleabay before. good luck :hug:

I'm afraid I am a suspicious type ... especially when it comes to flea bay!

Sorry if this sounds silly but when you hold down the reset button what does that number mean? I've never done that before?

If its only been 6 weeks surely you can still open a dispute case if the seller is ignoring you? if not i would phone fleabay and ask them for their advice. They can actually be quite helpful and usually take the side of the buyer. Buying work gear off fleabay or second hand is a big no no :smack: i've had many boobs on fleabay before. good luck :hug:

I will try that, thank you very much, worth a try for sure. :biggrin:

Sorry if this sounds silly but when you hold down the reset button what does that number mean? I've never done that before?

I beleive it tells you the life left in the bulbs. :)

Edited to add..... but what I didnt know is that this can be reset at any point wether the bulbs are new or not :(

I'm afraid I am a suspicious type ... especially when it comes to flea bay!

Geeg I've always loved ebay but the lesson I've learned is that buying anything for professional use you are better to buying from a licenced distributer, :smack: STUPID ME!!

If you paid via paypal you may have some protection. Open a dispute and see where it takes you, you may just end up having a lucky escape!

Latest posts

Back