CND lamp problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a new, expensive lamp from the daylight company. I had no choice. It's been working brilliantly.

I know what CND say, you can't see if it's 100% cured. But to be honest I have been so let down I am happy to use this lamp and I am happy to take responsibility.

I hate Iphones because they tie you in, you've got to use iTunes, can't add a memory card, can't change the battery etc. I like my freedom, so I'm a Samsung girl.

I love Shellac but I am going to do it my way as it's my business and I trust myself to make correct judgement.
Hats off to CND though, they are amazing at marketing - just note how customers ask for gel polish as Shellac.

BTW, No chipping or peeling with my new lamp xx

My lamp died on friday, contacted them on monday and i got the replacement today!! Wowza! quick or what!!

The moral for me is always have a backup of some sort (which i did thank god )

No mention of the faulty ones that are out of warranty! They must know the previous batches had a problem with only 2 bulbs working!
But no.... It was all in our heads!

I got my replacement lamp yesterday...after 6 weeks!!! And to be honest I am livid, not even an apology for all the inconvenience (having to cancel clients, buy a new lamp) the least they could do was put a note of a apology in the box!!!
BTW, I have been using an alternative lamp (standard £20 36W) for 5 weeks now (no choice of mine) and it has worked perfectly, no complaints!!

Hi everyone I have 2 NCD .1 of them stop working ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392808688.719045.jpg

Hi everyone I have 2 NCD .1 of them stop working on 1 side .other one making the biff sounds and of after fee seconds ..anyone know how to get change to new ones with out paying money cos they r still on guarantee ? Thanks View attachment 56786[/QUOTE]

I got my replacement lamp yesterday...after 6 weeks!!! And to be honest I am livid, not even an apology for all the inconvenience (having to cancel clients, buy a new lamp) the least they could do was put a note of a apology in the box!!!
BTW, I have been using an alternative lamp (standard £20 36W) for 5 weeks now (no choice of mine) and it has worked perfectly, no complaints!!

Hi h!ow to get change to new lamp and where ? Can you give me the address please ?

I received my two new lamps today! So very happy!! For me, it was FIVE lamps I have sent back in total (but have to say the customer care team at S2 have been amazing during these tough times;) ) fingers crossed I have better luck with the new ones! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hi Amanda I have problems with my 2 CND ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392809589.824786.jpglamps too ..where can I get the exchange for the new lamps please ? Thanks

My lamp died on friday, contacted them on monday and i got the replacement today!! Wowza! quick or what!!

The moral for me is always have a backup of some sort (which i did thank god )

Hi claire ! wow that was quick ..can you give me their contact numbers or email ? Thanks a lot

I don't know if it was a mistake but you have posted 5times asking the same thing. These ladies bought from s2 as far as I am aware and contacted them. Contact who you bought the lamps off...hth xx

Lauranailspa who did you buy them from? As long as you bought them through the authorised suppliers, just contact them and if they're still in warranty they will replace them for you.

Hi Amanda I have problems with my 2 CND View attachment 56788lamps too ..where can I get the exchange for the new lamps please ? Thanks

As long as you have purchased from sweet squared (and they are still in warranty) they will replace them for you :)

As long as you have purchased from sweet squared (and they are still in warranty) they will replace them for you :)

Thanks a lot x

Lauranailspa who did you buy them from? As long as you bought them through the authorised suppliers, just contact them and if they're still in warranty they will replace them for you.

Great thanks so much I will try to look for receipt x

I don't know if it was a mistake but you have posted 5times asking the same thing. These ladies bought from s2 as far as I am aware and contacted them. Contact who you bought the lamps off...hth xx

Hi thanks. it was a mistake post by phone x

Thats what im upset about, no apology or explanation, no updates whilst waiting! Its not good customer care for a large company which prides itself on 'Love & Respect' I didnt see much! Disappointed :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great thanks so much I will try to look for receipt x

If you bought through sweet squared they will have a record on your account and will have copies of the order and despatch forms. I'd assume same goes for Ellisons although I've never ordered through them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

After seeing this thread for a while and not reading I have had to today!
Seems like I am having the same problem...
I was just curing my clients nails, lucky the last 2 mins of top coat and the lamp made a cracklings sound and then there was a smell of burning, in a panic I asked the client to remove her hand.
On checking the lamp the 2 left hand side bulbs have blown although the CND machine says the lamps have 60 minutes left!
I am taking it back to Ellison's tomorrow in the hope that they'll replace it!
Very disappointed!! I have only had it since Oct 2013 :(

Thats what im upset about, no apology or explanation, no updates whilst waiting! Its not good customer care for a large company which prides itself on 'Love & Respect' I didnt see much! Disappointed :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

With all the Keffuffle about these lamps for the last 6 weeks or so, I've been following to see what happens. I'm also very surprised at the lack of apology. I honestly thought you'd all get a % discount voucher to retain your loyalty but it would appear that they didn't need to, so they didn't. Not even a free bottle of solar oil as a goodwill gesture. Bit sad really. They may be great at teaching nails but don't follow in their footsteps when it comes to customer service. I like to think I treat my clients better than they do.

After seeing this thread for a while and not reading I have had to today!
Seems like I am having the same problem...
I was just curing my clients nails, lucky the last 2 mins of top coat and the lamp made a cracklings sound and then there was a smell of burning, in a panic I asked the client to remove her hand.
On checking the lamp the 2 left hand side bulbs have blown although the CND machine says the lamps have 60 minutes left!
I am taking it back to Ellison's tomorrow in the hope that they'll replace it!
Very disappointed!! I have only had it since Oct 2013 :(

I think the customer service is disgraceful!

How does a company get away with not recalling products on a faulty batch. The faulty lamps are clearly a health and safety hazard.

Is it even legal to not recall these?

Latest posts

Back