CND Pre-qual in Leeds!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and a big thank you to Nataliya (so sorry if i've spelt that wrong) for being my 'duck' partner and shellacing my nails, they still look fab![/FONT][/QUOTE]

Samantha;)

I am so glad you posted this as I couldn't remember your last name to look you up on Facebook;)

It was a pleasure Shellacing your gorgeous nails in Leeds, and I am pleased you love them;)

Being a duck rocked, especially the weird act I was doing, hilarious ;)

congrats on being put through, well done;)

See you there very soon;)

You have started a great thread;)

Nail designer with a twist;)

well I was there !!!!! great day and one that has inspired me soo much xx you all did a great job .. and you know what i'm a bit jealous you all get to do bootcamp...... what?? coz I'd do it again in a heartbeat xxx

I felt sooo honoured to be asked to help 'judge' pre qual day (for you that don't know me I was sat at the back of the room infront of a pile of papers ..black dress .. lots of curly hair !) for ALL of you to take to the stage and deliver infront of soo many was great really great x

I've been an EA for coming up for 3 years, so I'm still new myself and can remember every minute of my pre qual (not as many people on it thou!) so know how you all felt and know how far you'd all come xx well done to all of you .....

my career started the day I found salon geek I look at the advice and support I got from day one... I learnt and grew and learnt 'my craft' it took time ..... and then (after masters and pre qual!) ended up on bootcamp ......(and after that I started doing quite good nails) and meet my first students xxx and am soo lucky NOW I get to 'give it all back' to my students every week x

salon geek going 'full circle' xx

well I was there !!!!! great day and one that has inspired me soo much xx you all did a great job .. and you know what i'm a bit jealous you all get to do bootcamp...... what?? coz I'd do it again in a heartbeat xxx

I felt sooo honoured to be asked to help 'judge' pre qual day (for you that don't know me I was sat at the back of the room infront of a pile of papers ..black dress .. lots of curly hair !) for ALL of you to take to the stage and deliver infront of soo many was great really great x

I've been an EA for coming up for 3 years, so I'm still new myself and can remember every minute of my pre qual (not as many people on it thou!) so know how you all felt and know how far you'd all come xx well done to all of you .....

my career started the day I found salon geek I look at the advice and support I got from day one... I learnt and grew and learnt 'my craft' it took time ..... and then (after masters and pre qual!) ended up on bootcamp ......(and after that I started doing quite good nails) and meet my first students xxx and am soo lucky NOW I get to 'give it all back' to my students every week x

salon geek going 'full circle' xx

Love Clare;) x

Thank you all so much for your posts.... I feel like a true geek now :hug:
Congratulations to all my fellow 'booties' cant wait to see you all again.
And to everyone that didnt get through this time please dont give up... my application was far from perfect on the day (I was shaking so much it nearly ended up halfway up Nataliyas arm)
Like geeg said there are sooo many other contributing factors for being chosen.

Good luck for next time sagll01 and to everyone else :)

My name is Samantha Birkett-Leigh so please add me on face book!

Thank you all so much for your posts.... I feel like a true geek now :hug:
Congratulations to all my fellow 'booties' cant wait to see you all again.
And to everyone that didnt get through this time please dont give up... my application was far from perfect on the day (I was shaking so much it nearly ended up halfway up Nataliyas arm)
Like geeg said there are sooo many other contributing factors for being chosen.

Good luck for next time sagll01 and to everyone else :)

My name is Samantha Birkett-Leigh so please add me on face book!

Thank you Samantha & Geeg for your lovely messages & good luck everyone for bootcamp xxxx

A massive CONGRATULATIONS to all of you that got through to bootcamp!!! I unfortunately wasnt as lucky, but to even get a place at the pre-qual day was a great achievement!!! Ive never done anything like that before and have never had to stand up infront of people and speak, so the fact i managed to do it and even get my words out without passing out with nerves was a big thing for me!! LOL!!!!
Im not really used to failing anything so not making it through to bootcamp has just given me an even bigger urge and want to come back again next time and hopefully knock spots off what i did this time!!!
Like one of the other girlies just said- Its not a race, and im sure we'll all get there in the end!!!
Sending you all massive GOOD LUCK wishes girlies!!!!!!!!
Michelle xxx

A massive CONGRATULATIONS to all of you that got through to bootcamp!!! I unfortunately wasnt as lucky, but to even get a place at the pre-qual day was a great achievement!!! Ive never done anything like that before and have never had to stand up infront of people and speak, so the fact i managed to do it and even get my words out without passing out with nerves was a big thing for me!! LOL!!!!
Im not really used to failing anything so not making it through to bootcamp has just given me an even bigger urge and want to come back again next time and hopefully knock spots off what i did this time!!!
Like one of the other girlies just said- Its not a race, and im sure we'll all get there in the end!!!
Sending you all massive GOOD LUCK wishes girlies!!!!!!!!
Michelle xxx

Please do not use the word ´failed'. We are there to help you get on the next time. Sometimes not everything goes your way on the day .. we can help you to get there if it is what you want.

Some leave CND because they think they can never reach the standard. But you can and we are there to help. We don't think you have failed and those who have got through still have another hurdle to go over - they are not THERE yet!! Some will be disappointed but it is not the end. XXX If you want it go for it. Shhh .. Secret .. Some of our best educators didn't make it the first time round. :hug:

Please do not use the word ´failed'. We are there to help you get on the next time. Sometimes not everything goes your way on the day .. we can help you to get there if it is what you want.

Some leave CND because they think they can never reach the standard. But you can and we are there to help. We don't think you have failed and those who have got through still have another hurdle to go over - they are not THERE yet!! Some will be disappointed but it is not the end. XXX If you want it go for it. Shhh .. Secret .. Some of our best educators didn't make it the first time round. :hug:

Haha! That makes me feel a little bit better! Dont you worry, im not going anywhere!! CND cant shake me off that easily!!!:lol: Its so lovely to know that CND offer so much support and are there to help. Sometimes a small set back can be a good thing, you can never stop perfecting your skills! I cant wait for another opportunity to try again!!Thanks Geeg xxx

You would never have known you have had no experience in public speaking before Michelle, I was the one who 'blew out your candle' :) and I thought your did fantasticly well!!!

It was so nice to meet you on the day and I hope our paths cross again one day :hug:

P.s Who would have known not all the EA's didnt pass first time...... im secretly liking that snip of information, he he!!

It's definitely not a failure, not being put through. It's an achievement, having the guts to apply, be accepted to attend pre-qual, do your best on the day, where everyone was on the edge if their nerves. It's an achievement. I believe that even a small progress is a progress.

I was sure I did not make it when Samuel phoned, he had this voice on ,that clearly meant-" no Nat, not this time". And then he told me that I was through;) I was over the moon. This is one of my biggest ambitions to represent the company that made me such professional and guided me to excellence. I want to repay the company now. I am super excited and very proud to be chosen. Have tonnes of ideas bursting out of my brain.

I thought about not making it, and I would not be gutted if I did not go through, because it would have made me work harder to nail it the next time round.

Those peeps who didn't make it, already have a privilege as you all know what's expected and what's going on the day. So you can be super prepared when this opportunity comes up again.

Well done once again to all who been chosen and super well done to the rest of all wonderful people.

Not long now;)

Absolutely ditto to what Geeg and Nataliya have said.....
The word fail is such a harsh word, because when we say that word our emotions automatically translate that into : We are a failure!!!!! No way, the only way we could ever fail is if we didn't keep going and follow our dreams or goals.

How can anyone be a failure when they stepped out of their comfort zone, that takes guts. Putting yourself out there, doing things that take us out of our comfort zone and move us forward............ how can that be failing???

It's not what knocks us down that makes us the people we are, but the way we get up and move forward, that is what defines us!!!!

I don't know any one that has achieved what they wanted to achieve, with a smooth run. Speak to people at the top of any industry and they will tell you: "Well it hasn't been easy, but it has been worth all the sweat and tears."

People with guts, determination and good direction will eventually succeed, because they want to. I know even if I don't pass boot camp, it doesn't make me a failure. It just means that I am not quite there yet and need to just get up, dust myself down and just try again.... would I be disappointed, yes to flippin right I would be, would it stop me from trying? No chance!!!!

Now back to my Voddy and Orange, its been a great Mothering Sunday xxx

Well said.:hug:

You would never have known you have had no experience in public speaking before Michelle, I was the one who 'blew out your candle' :) and I thought your did fantasticly well!!!

It was so nice to meet you on the day and I hope our paths cross again one day :hug:

P.s Who would have known not all the EA's didnt pass first time...... im secretly liking that snip of information, he he!!

Aw thanks hun! Was a shame i had to leave early to get my train, would have loved to have seen urs! Good luck at bootcamp hun and thanks again for blowing out my candle!!!xxxx:hug:

Wow!!! Congrats to everyone and well done to everyone that went for it! As a newbie geek this is fantastic inspiration and I hope one day I'll be good enough and confident enough to apply too. Feel so inspired when I read things like this and makes me soooo much more determine to be one of the best. Xx

Latest posts

Back