CND Stock

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a shame when one company can effectively hold all customers using a particular product to ransom (for any reason) because those customers are not allowed/able to shop around. It's a very good reason not to buy into a line that is only available from one place.

I dont think anyone is holding the products to ransom, also CND products are available from a few other authorised distributors.... authorised because it saves any unsavoury companies getting hold of the products. Its the same with many suppliers.

For what its worth, i deal with a few different companies and SweetSquared are not the main one i use, but they have always been the most organised and proffessional when it comes to stock and order shipping. I've never once had a problem with them and the fact that they have the occasional out of stock item is no different to any other supplier. Their website is also the most easy to navigate and find exactly what I need :D xx

I dont think anyone is holding the products to ransom, also CND products are available from a few other authorised distributors....
Perhaps I am misreading the CND website, which only lists SweetSquared as an authorised distributor in the UK. Are there other authorised distributors in the UK that can easily be visited and purchased from?

My comment about products being held to ransom was for any reason, not necessarily because one part of the chain chooses to do so. If customs is holding the product then it's the same effect for the person at the bottom of the chain.

Perhaps I am misreading the CND website, which only lists SweetSquared as an authorised distributor in the UK. Are there other authorised distributors in the UK that can easily be visited and purchased from?

My comment about products being held to ransom was for any reason, not necessarily because one part of the chain chooses to do so. If customs is holding the product then it's the same effect for the person at the bottom of the chain.

Sweet Squared is the UK authorised distributor for CND, they are the only ones who have a website where you can purchase CND stock.

However, there are several sub-distributors around the country which has a shop where you can visit or telephone to purchase from.

Please call S2 08452106060 to ask where your nearest sub-distributor is based.

Sweet Squared is the UK authorised distributor for CND, they are the only ones who have a website where you can purchase CND stock.

However, there are several sub-distributors around the country which has a shop where you can visit or telephone to purchase from.

Please call S2 08452106060 to ask where your nearest sub-distributor is based.

I believe Ellisons are a sub distributor, you may be able to correct me if i'm wrong there, i have only ordered from S2 myself? They have a website if they are http://www.ellisons.co.uk which may have the products the OP is trying to get..... worth a try :D xxx

What's out of stock then? I don't recall any probs at all since the actual launch when we were waiting for lamps and base/top coat due to demand.

I honestly can get everything I need (except solar oil minis hint hint...)

Just intrigued to know if I'm missing stock I should have :D

So does that mean that if Sweet Squared can't get authorised stock, nobody in the UK can get authorised stock? If other people are sub-distributors then I assume they get their stock from S2.

S2 are the master importers and distributors for the UK. Sub distributors purchase from S2.

There are times when any one distributor may be holding stock that another doesn't though, though this is seldom a significant amount.

There are less challenges with customs but the simple truth most issues are usually down to the manufacturer (though hey, we're not perfect and make errors at times too!).

Most supply issues aren't even down to supply chain - at times they can be for other reasons. For instance:

CoolBlue had packaging issues for the EU which meant that they needed to be redesigned. This meant every order we had for CB was canceled between Feb and Jul. Planning ahead, we mitigated this by pro actively managing our levels. To be blunt, we lucked out in mitigating supply shortages with this during that time. More is now in transit.

There has been a massive Jojoba shortage due to the largest global supplier losing mass crops to freeze. This has affected some SolarOil supply and a couple other manicure SKUs.

But like I said, out of ALL the SKUs we carry, we have less than 1% out of stock. I also totally "get" that when that 1% covers something you need, you don't care - it isn't your problem. It may not even be our fault, but the reality is... IT IS! Nor am I being funny or sarcastic. I am flippen serious.

Anyhoo... just trying to provide some answers and some perspective.

Also... I have no real comment on the ransom thing... Maybe those are separate frustrations down in New Zealand (where Daisy_Hill seems to be). Here, there is no ransom. Its not like we send out letter to customers made out of letters cut from magazines saying "if you don't buy the Shellac, the bear is gonna get it". We believe we work hard to do our very best at representing what we believe are the best brands (we are not only CND) in the industry for the best value we can.

That doesn't mean to imply we are perfect, nor that our supply chain is perfect. Just to imply that is what we strive for and for the most part, I think we do ok, and look forward to doing that even better :D

HTHs

And that's what you call fantastic customer service. A full explanation that goes above and beyond what was required from one of the people who owns the company.

Now let's put this into perspective a bit. It's cool blue. You could easily practise your manicuring using a similar product that wouldn't have taken too much effort to source. All stockists are out of something at some point. I, personally, always ensure I've got at least 3 of everything I need for prep so that's something to think of when ordering in the future.

**sorry just realised it was a totally different thread regarding the cool bue!*

Last edited:
I believe Ellisons are a sub distributor, you may be able to correct me if i'm wrong there, i have only ordered from S2 myself? They have a website if they are http://www.ellisons.co.uk which may have the products the OP is trying to get..... worth a try :D xxx

Yes you are right, Ellisons are an authorised sub-distributor for CND.

this thread is honestly really silly.

like to record someone over something like that? really? i read it again this afternoon and laughed out loud in the salon. alone.

What's out of stock then? I don't recall any probs at all since the actual launch when we were waiting for lamps and base/top coat due to demand.

I honestly can get everything I need (except solar oil minis hint hint...)

Just intrigued to know if I'm missing stock I should have :D

I only do mani's with CND products and sadly serveral items I need are out of stock these are:
Coolblue (now intend to replace this with mundo)
Solar Oil minis (I have been giving these out like they were chololates, regret it now as have none left :sad:)
Nail clippers
Precision currette
Kanga board
Handsdown pads were out of stock however I did manage to get these elsewhere and have noticed they have come back into stock now.

So maybe you can understand the frustration as I am now essentially grounded :sad:

you can easily use a different sanitizer. Get some other brand of curette and clippers. I don't even use the cnd ones as they arent available in Canada and i have like 10 of each. and get some 240 grit files.

you need to make do. things like this happen in business!

I only do mani's with CND products and sadly serveral items I need are out of stock these are:
Coolblue (now intend to replace this with mundo)
Solar Oil minis (I have been giving these out like they were chololates, regret it now as have none left :sad:)
Nail clippers
Precision currette
Kanga board
Handsdown pads were out of stock however I did manage to get these elsewhere and have noticed they have come back into stock now.

So maybe you can understand the frustration as I am now essentially grounded :sad:

SolarOil is available in other sizes so that is really not an issue I don't think. I always sell the half oz size to each and every client and make more money retailing.

I actually could do any manicure service without the other items you mention. I never use clippers on fingernails myself, I don't have to have a curette to remove cuticle effectively although I do use one I could live without it and use another tool, and there are many alternatives in files. I honestly to not see that lack of any of these items would 'ground' your business. I wouldn't let it ground mine. As long as you have the beautiful core products to do the job, you can still perform a effective manicure using alternatives.

Let's hope all is in soon so you will be completely satisfied, but in the meantime you should be able to work perfectly well.

Now let's put this into perspective a bit. It's cool blue. You could easily practise your manicuring using a similar product that wouldn't have taken too much effort to source. All stockists are out of something at some point. I, personally, always ensure I've got at least 3 of everything I need for prep so that's something to think of when ordering in the future.

/QUOTE]

In reality keeping more stock than you actually need is a nuisance, as money is tied up.

I think the root of the issue has been addressed.
:)

/QUOTE]

In reality keeping more stock than you actually need is a nuisance, as money is tied up.

I do need it though. It will be used after I'm done with the on currently in use. Its not tying up money because long term it would money spent anyway. I like to plan long term instead of short term and save money buying in bulk.

Latest posts

Back