CND Twinkle Additives limited collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iam getting there with a nice appplication of shellac now, but the dreaded little bit of cuticle that I havent noticed before the colour coat is on. Can someone help me with the best way of dealing with it! Tryed using orange wood stick to remove but that didnt work. Maybe I should have just started again. Thankyou :lol:

I had a play this morning, the are gorgeous!!!

12886_10151170850274051_1104430791_n.jpg

604002_167946126682071_1109234933_n.jpg

xx

I would think there's a couple of different ways to do this. Personally, not having seen any tutorials on this I would either:

a) base & cure, 1 coat clearly pink, cure & wipe off inhibition layer, paint silver chevrons on with Silver Chrome, cure, apply silver sparkle additive to sticky layer and clean off loose bits from the rest of the nail, paint on tinsel toast chevrons, cure and either leave as is if a full enough coverage, apply a second coat OR apply gold glitter additive to sticky layer. Top coat entire nail and done

b) I would do as a carved out Rockstar effect, so base & cure, paint entire nail in tinsel toast & cure, apply gold glitter additive and 1 coat top coat & cure, wipe off sticky layer, apply silver chrome chevrons or apply to entire nail and wipe out chevrons, cure, apply silver sparkle additive to chevrons, top coat and cure, done.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thanks you, I found these glitter so good at covering I just did a coat of light elegant (gelish) cured, then using the fab brush that came with the additives I did the chevrons, top coat and cured. I am using eco top coat over my glitters now as I find it makes them bling even more.

Sorry about the size of my pics :/ xx

Ok, so I risk being hung drawn and quartered for this but here goes:

I dont get all the fuss?!

I have been doing Rockstar since I took on Shellac and have always loved them and played with many different glitters. I dont think these are amazingly different?

I do love the silver and I dont have a blue in this colour but I actually think the red Martha Stewart is much prettier and the steel coloured one is identical.

I think they are lovely but not as amazing as everyone had made out unless they had not been using glitters before?

Ok, so I risk being hung drawn and quartered for this but here goes:

I dont get all the fuss?!

I have been doing Rockstar since I took on Shellac and have always loved them and played with many different glitters. I dont think these are amazingly different?

I do love the silver and I dont have a blue in this colour but I actually think the red Martha Stewart is much prettier and the steel coloured one is identical.

I think they are lovely but not as amazing as everyone had made out unless they had not been using glitters before?

I've got most of the MS glitters and I bought the CND glitter additives. I have to say I prefer the CND ones. Colours are a lot nicer than the MS ones especially the gold. They are a lot finer so were a lot easier to work with .

I love them both and will offer clients the choice via colour pops Ive made up.

xxx

I use the irresistible glitters (adore these) and some nubar and nsi and they are very similar to them so I wasn't sure if I really "needed" them but they do apply very well and the colours are beautiful, I hadn't got a blue like this nor a red/pewter or gold like these so i pleased with them and the free brush :)

So how are these best applied?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352917242.670735.jpg
I think the Antique Gold glitter from the twinkle collection is gorgeous.

I've got my Twinkle Additives and had a wee play. My sister chose the blue and it was gorgeous. I used silver chrome underneath and felt I could of got better coverage. What color has everyone been using underneath the blue and gold glitter?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've got my Twinkle Additives and had a wee play. My sister chose the blue and it was gorgeous. I used silver chrome underneath and felt I could of got better coverage. What color has everyone been using underneath the blue and gold glitter?

Black Pool or Midnight Swim under blue & cocoa under gold, which looked surprisingly lovely. Such an underrated colour sometimes. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I'm gonna sound awful/stupid for saying this but are they just glitters? Basically I'm skint right now but obviously I want them hehe but if they kinda the same as glitters then my sensible monster says I have to wait. Thanks x

Yes they are just glitters. They are all very fine bar the silver holographic one which is a bit chunkier. Was a tad disappointed as I already have loads of glitters, but I am still happy with them as I love the pewter one and buying it inspired me to have a good ol play with new designs :) Think I kinda thought they'd be something unique...?

Pewter glitter additive & studs, bang on trend for Autumn/Winter 2012! :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352931057.319633.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352931057.319633.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 705

I used midnight swim under the blue and iced cappuccino under the gold x

Silver Chrome for Shimmering Silver
Iced Cappuccino for Antique Gold
Midnight Swim for Winter Blue
Red Baroness for Wine Red
Asphalt for Precious Pewter.

xxx

I would think there's a couple of different ways to do this. Personally, not having seen any tutorials on this I would either:

a) base & cure, 1 coat clearly pink, cure & wipe off inhibition layer, paint silver chevrons on with Silver Chrome, cure, apply silver sparkle additive to sticky layer and clean off loose bits from the rest of the nail, paint on tinsel toast chevrons, cure and either leave as is if a full enough coverage, apply a second coat OR apply gold glitter additive to sticky layer. Top coat entire nail and done

b) I would do as a carved out Rockstar effect, so base & cure, paint entire nail in tinsel toast & cure, apply gold glitter additive and 1 coat top coat & cure, wipe off sticky layer, apply silver chrome chevrons or apply to entire nail and wipe out chevrons, cure, apply silver sparkle additive to chevrons, top coat and cure, done.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thank You Planky :)

It sounds fiddly but so worth trying! Will give it a go and keep you posted xx

Oh my god! They should re-name these 'Led Lights' collection, they are beyond glittery. I use S2 Holographic glitter which is the blingiest iv used but these take it to another level.

Granted im standing in my kitchen under spot lights but the twinkle off these are blinding :-D

Thanks everyone for your replies x

red glitter additives best3.jpgred glitter additives best4.jpg

I had to try the new glitter additives! I already had on ruby ritz so added the red & silver glitter, this photo doesnt show how sparkly they are especially the different colours in the silver. Love them !!!:biggrin:

I just purchased them and they are gorgeous, I can't wait to use the maybe tonight, I have 2 clients that love glitters!!

Latest posts

Back