CND users PREP routine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riss

Reaction score
I used to use CND, but then tried Young Nails for a little while..I am now going to switch back to CND (I like their pink powders! :) Anyway, I know how to prep with CND, but I would like to hear how others prep...if you use nail fresh, primer with retention and moxie, etc. and what order you do it all in! Please advise! Thanks so much!

As CND are such an evolving company i would book for an hours 1 to 1 with an educator and really get back into the swing of things and catch up with all their latest techniques, hth :hug:

As CND are such an evolving company i would book for an hours 1 to 1 with an educator and really get back into the swing of things and catch up with all their latest techniques, hth :hug:

That is really the best advice. I see you live in Utah so I would suggest going to the CND site (www.cnd.com) and checking for an Education Ambassador and classes in your area. You may have to travel some to get the classes you want. Plus you always get a lot of product to take home with you from each class. Also check the technical reference area for proper protocols on the CND site. You can also call the hotline. The ladies that work there are wonderful. Just be sure if you go to voicemail you leave your phone number w/ the area code. I know Candace says a lot of people forget to leave the area code so it makes it difficult to return those calls.

1.800.833.NAIL

Best of luck!

Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

One of the things I love about CND is that the prep is so gentle and minimal.

Very little is done to the natural nail apart from to clean it of all cuticle and dehydrate with ScrubFresh. That's IT!!

I never use primer of any type with any CND monomer. I know it is an option but I never feel the need to use it ever.

I think CND users save mega bucks by not having to buy any more than one product for PREP (I know of prep routines that use 3 and 4 products to PREP the natural nails. Not to mention the extra time all those products take to use.

The biggest area where discount salons save time and money is on their prep. They use no products and just sand down the surface of the natural nail with a drill to remove cuticle and excess oils. Of course it harms the natural nails but it does work. :lol: So if you can save time and money during your prep routine and not cause damage you are on to a very good system.

One of the things I love about CND is that the prep is so gentle and minimal.

Very little is done to the natural nail apart from to clean it of all cuticle and dehydrate with ScrubFresh. That's IT!!

I never use primer of any type with any CND monomer. I know it is an option but I never feel the need to use it ever.

I think CND users save mega bucks by not having to buy any more than one product for PREP (I know of prep routines that use 3 and 4 products to PREP the natural nails. Not to mention the extra time all those products take to use.

How true !
Ok I am still a little slow at some sets of nails....but hey I like to talk !!! :lol: (talking to the hand hasn't fully registered yet with me even after 3 years lol)

But prep with CND is sooo quick I always feel a bit naughty, like I have forgotten something lmao
That stems back from the product I trained with at college....a wipe with this...one coat of this (wait to dry) another coat..(wait to dry) apply primer, 2 nails at time (wait to dry) same again.... blah blah blah,....soooo time consuming it wa boring!

And I am STILL always impressed when people come back with no...or very minimal lifting even though I know my products, and know they are fantastic products, it still impresses me that such minimal prep which is a pleasure to do, is so thorough and effective
I think that impresses them that I am a happy bunny with their nails as much as they are lol

Last edited:
Hey riss, I always use my CND cuticle remover, they remover this with a spray of citrus soak and water (i keep it in a little spray bottle), then remove shine with a worn 240 koala, scrub with my scrub fresh, I used nail fresh when I 1st started but I dont think its really needed (unless the client has really oily nails then another scrub with scrubfesh) hth xx

Latest posts

Back