CND UV lamps - solution may not agree with everyone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe this reminds me of first insurance company I rang for a quote, he said about having public liability and injuring someone but it'd be cheaper for insurance purposes if I killed them as apposed to maiming them! Swiftly hung up gob smacked and vowed not to use them!!
Sorry completely thrown off subject. Back to the lamps if you will lol ��

I do hope Mobile Manicure reads this for her Silent Witness script that she is writing! She might be able to work this into the plot.

Ok... Have decided to just buy another lamp as S2 are being a pain and I'm panicking that one of my other lamps goes in the meantime. So... Do I just go 36w generic lamp from Ellisons/salon services. Or I have been looking at the gellux LED? Thoughts? X

You could try the Gel II Manicure LED. Since I have had problems with getting a CND Lamp, I have been using the gel II one to cure my Brisa and, dare I say it, the product actually lasts longer than what it did when I used a CND Lamp in the UK. The website is Gel II? | No Base Coat Gel Polish and even though they are in the states, the delivery is pretty quick

I do hope Mobile Manicure reads this for her Silent Witness script that she is writing! She might be able to work this into the plot.

Only if I can have some of the royalties hehe

Thank you. Yes, I think a phone call to that insurance company can be the opening scene. Scene 2: a dead therapist dumped in a rubbish tip along with a load of broken UV lamps. :D

It's coming along guys.

I might have to do an outline of outline of the story and pay Persianista to ghost write it for me.

You could try the Gel II Manicure LED. Since I have had problems with getting a CND Lamp, I have been using the gel II one to cure my Brisa and, dare I say it, the product actually lasts longer than what it did when I used a CND Lamp in the UK. The website is Gel II? | No Base Coat Gel Polish and even though they are in the states, the delivery is pretty quick

Thanks! What cute times do you use? Is it the 40G or the 30G? X

Thank you. Yes, I think a phone call to that insurance company can be the opening scene. Scene 2: a dead therapist dumped in a rubbish tip along with a load of broken UV lamps. :D

It's coming along guys.

I might have to do an outline of outline of the story and pay Persianista to ghost write it for me.

Well in gripped already!! Who did it who did it?!! Maybe it was a cnd rep hiding not really dead or possible been bludgeoned by faulty lamps!!!

I feel we maybe have gone somewhat off topic hehe waiting to be told off ☺️

You should see the other thread - they are now background checking our names on their books! Shocking!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I feel we maybe have gone somewhat off topic hehe waiting to be told off ☺️

Yes sorry Geeks. Back to topic but meanwhile all book updates can be found on my poorly thumb thread in chit chat. I have no more to say about the lamps or customer service. Will wait and see what happens when the new lamps arrive. I hope you all get sorted.

I did a test using my opi led lamp to see if it would cute my shellac. It seemed to work! Am testing on myself obviously.
I do have the cnd lamp, I think I'm going to sell the system though, I love gelish more!

The thing is though that you cannot tell if a coating is cured by eye x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

What's the worst that could happen? (Genuine question).

Don't you know? You need to read my new book. You could quite possibly suffer a fatality.

You should see the other thread - they are now background checking our names on their books! Shocking!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't worry about that. The amount you can find out about someone on the Internet is quite shocking. And it's all public information. If you can spare a few quid all sorts of files can be purchased. A family member has to sometimes do this when thinking of investing in certain companies to find out who he's dealing with.

What'a the worst that could happen? Take a look below, never mind a possible law suit.

The facts are that all UV cured product 'appear to the naked eye to be cured' even when they are only 50% cured.

When products continue to be only 50% cured then over exposure, and allergy caused by un-cured reactive product can happen. It looks like this below. ... This photo was posted today on another nail forum by someone using A knock off cheap copy of a non professional product that masquerades as a well known brand and is available easily to the public.. They were asking why???

This is allergy.

This is also what happens when you repeatedly use a product that is not fully cured, but you think it 'looks' OK. No one can SEE full cure with their eyes. Which is why CND insist on using the lamp that they KNOW cures their system, CND Shellac. That, my friends, is being responsible.

Why take the chance on using a lamp that you cannot tell cures whatever it is that you are using? Is it the money to buy the right lamp? If someone sues you for causing a condition like this photo shows it could cost allot more than just buying the right lamp.

Allergy does not happen overnight ... An allergic reaction is the result of repeatedly wearing product that is not fully cured. Come on ! Use your heads. It's not worth taking the risk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Eeuw!! That's horrific and really scary. Need to keep this pic to show my clients what happens if you decide to buy fake junk on ebuy and do it yourself.

Eeuw!! That's horrific and really scary. Need to keep this pic to show my clients what happens if you decide to buy fake junk on ebuy and do it yourself.

Pretty horrific isn't it? Just posted today in a nail group I belong to. It's happening more and more and who is going to suffer from this horrific reputation re gel polishes? WE are.

Same thing happens when un-cured product repeatedly is left on someone's nails.

But I'm sure some troll will come on board and shout "conspiracy' re using the correct lamp for the system. Well it's no conspiracy .. It is common sense and the responsible thing to do, to recommend the lamp that the manufacturer knows effects a complete cure, so that this does not happen to anyone using their system.

My goodness that's shocking! And looks very sore x

It's goes to show there is more to it then painting on a nail and curing it, I guess this is where the science comes in which in reality can cause damage and should be used professionally and properly! X

Latest posts

Back