Coke bottles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny mosley

Reaction score
Private Facial Aesthetic Clinic's, Warks, Staffs &
Hi Guys

Just had a fab 2 wks hols a my pals place in sunny marbella..when you get home the first thing you do is put the kettle on..well..what a mess.

hubby was the main man behind this coke problem(he was in charge of holiday fridge empty):smack:

We had left a large bottle of coke in the fridge that has exploded blew the fridge door open and shattered all the glass shelves into thousands of tiny bits and splattered the whole of my fab white kitchen with sticky coke.:irked:

I have wanted one of these new fancy fridges for ages and hubby as said No No No No every time..well He He He i'm going to have one now.:green: and No No No i'm not paying for it He he he is.:)

DO NOT LEAVE FIZZY POP IN YOUR FRIDGE FOR 2 WKS

Jenx

WOW!!! I never had any idea coke could do something like this just by being left in the fridge. Mind you cike is never in our fridge more than a day in our house lol. Happy fridge hunting!!

I've had fizzy pop in my fridge for weeks and never had a problem. Will think twice about leaving it in now though.

jenny mosley said:
Hi Guys

Just had a fab 2 wks hols a my pals place in sunny marbella..when you get home the first thing you do is put the kettle on..well..what a mess.

hubby was the main man behind this coke problem(he was in charge of holiday fridge empty):smack:

We had left a large bottle of coke in the fridge that has exploded blew the fridge door open and shattered all the glass shelves into thousands of tiny bits and splattered the whole of my fab white kitchen with sticky coke.:irked:

I have wanted one of these new fancy fridges for ages and hubby as said No No No No every time..well He He He i'm going to have one now.:green: and No No No i'm not paying for it He he he is.:)

DO NOT LEAVE FIZZY POP IN YOUR FRIDGE FOR 2 WKS

Jenx

was it open or sealed? or next to the fridge light? I can't think why it would explode! you should write to coke and explain what's happened, I doubt you'll get a new fridge but you might get some free coke lol!

ps the fancy fridges are the bees knees, I've had mine a couple of months and it's brill to have filtered water with crushed ice on tap - we are all drinking more water than ever and not as much coke!!

we have had one of those fancy american style double fridge freezers for a while now and yes i agree we have never drank so much filtered water on ice so this has been a good investment. The only down fall is the cost of the replacement water filter cartridges at over £60 each for a replacement every 6 months!!

glad i dont drink coke aswell!!

Can't you claim on your House Insurance for something like this?......then you can get a replacement fridge through them.

I would contact Coke as well though....a bottle of coke certainly shold not explode in you fridge..imagine you had been standing in front of the fridge when it blew!!!....very dangerous.

you are so lucky that you were not near the fridge when that happened! if you have insurance you should be able to claim though xx

can't believe that happened!! can you not claim off the insurance????

Oh my gosh!!!

I'd definately give coke a ring and tell them what happened!!! as it's got no warning etc on the bottle to say don't leave in the fridge for a certain amount of time!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Did you switch your fridge off before you went on holiday???

Latest posts

Back