Coloured Gels .. have your opinions changed ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which COLOUR GELS do you favour now and why?

• Akzentz

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Bio Sculpture

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Calgel

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • NSI

Votes: 23 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 48 38.1%

• Total voters
Oooh there's so much to add.. I voted and replied before reading the entire discussion about this topic!
Firstly, I can't see the point of talking about L&P enhancements here. If my client wanted permanent colour on her l&p:s, I'd use coloured powder. It can/needs to be soaked off as well!
And then, without quoting any particular sentence you said, Geeg, I just have to say I couldn't disagree more. To me and my clients coloured gels are no alternative to polish; I use my coloured gels for nail art and, for what is really popular in my country right now: coloured "french". That's abolutely ingenious: no more time or material needed (I save the white gel I've paid for too!) but a "special" thing I can easily charge €10 more for! I've also done my first attempts on custom blending with gel; though not selling them yet.
With all of my respect - I know you're speaking for Creative, Geeg - is it just because CND don't have coloured gels you so aggressively attack them?

With Love
Ignatz
CND Brisa Master

Also with respect, you need to re read my posts. YOu are wrong to assume that I am speaking for Creative. I made it quite clear that the points made were my personal opinion and based on what I do in the salon. I haven't attacked anything just asked others why they liked using coloured gels. (by the way, coloured gels are coming in the Brisa range). I really wanted to know why some think that coloured gels are a thing I should invest in. No one has convinced me yet.

I gave the reasons why I am not interested at this moment in time in stocking a range of coloured gels. I'm glad you have a use for them in the salon. The vast majority of MY clients are not interested in coloured french or nail art.- If they were, I would personally paint it on with polish. The permanent thing does not impress me ... I do not see it as a benefit. MY OPINION. If you do not share it then fine. Maybe your market is different.

Hi,i havnt gone to the expence of coloured gels either but i do want to try try some.Im new to all this but what i do is Creative base coat,creative 2 coats nail polish.Wait till dry then a high gloss gel with the gems set in if they want them and they last for weeks looking brandnew.My friend goes to spain alot so gets lot of sand on her feet so this i why we use gel so she dosnt have to faff with her polish if it gets chipped.But this way she dosnt have to do abything,i gently buff the top layer of gell,take the polish etc and start again.They look fab. xx

I like working with Bio as i find clients can easily change colour at each appointment without any problems and they have plenty of choice.x

i wonder if it has anything to do with 'client age range'

I dont have any clients under 35 years and most of them are over 50 the eldest being over 70.

Maybe polish / coloured gel is more popular with this age group?

amb x

Something in this Amb,
my colour gel clients are the oldies for fingernails whereas any age has colour gel toes. Plus, French is asked for by younger aged clients.
And little ol' me loves the colour and I am 43

Gems stay put in gel too.

I've been using colored gels for at least two years now, and my fave lines are Gelousy and Christrio. Gelousy has a good range of colors, not soak off, tho, and Christrio has some great funky colors, especially the Volcanic Orange. It's a neon orange with glitter, it really pops in the sun, too. Because of the glitter, it's a bit harder to spread, works almost like a builder gel, but a little goes a long way during application.

Gelousy is a USA co. based in Pheonix, Arizona, and Christrio is California, but I've noticed they do shows internationally so maybe it might be easier for some of you to get over the water.

Latest posts

Back