Complaint...advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yh they look crap so in everyway I guess

Aw don't be too down my lovely :hug:

It's a good idea to photograph your nails though because every flaw will show up and you will then be able to pin-point which area needs working on.

Chin up, every set of nails will be better than the last.

xx

Don't get upset these things help u learn and get better,
Looks like u need to build a good apex in these nails and the gel does look to thin.

I'm sorry just upsetting that I can't grasp it, I have noticed the more sets I do the better they are this isn't a good one as I struggled as her nails very tiny! I'm still practising building up apex but I just keep getting a funny shape or it's too thick n I get heat spikes :/ argh can't win xx

I'm sorry just upsetting that I can't grasp it, I have noticed the more sets I do the better they are this isn't a good one as I struggled as her nails very tiny! I'm still practising building up apex but I just keep getting a funny shape or it's too thick n I get heat spikes :/ argh can't win xx

You will grasp it eventually .. if you can't stretch to extra training (good training) could you buy yourself Geeg's book. Lots of geeks on here have bought it and it has really helped them.

Persevere :Love: mwah xxx

I think I will n see what courses there are with like nsi or cnd don't know if they do in devon though :/ thanks so much guys x

I think I will n see what courses there are with like nsi or cnd don't know if they do in devon though :/ thanks so much guys x

Good girl ... today is nearly over so stop fretting, fix that lady's nail and move on ok.

Buy yourself the best training you can afford .. and if you have to wait and save then that is what you should do. And if you need to travel - then travel.

And by next Christmas you will be on here showing us beautiful nails .. if you want it you can do it :hug:

Hun nail biters are the worst clients and will pick and nibble, plus are hard to do as no real nail to work with. You have said the problems you can see ad it's a learning curve, don't get yourself to down it will get better and easier, wow I remember my first nail biter, looked awful was amazed they lasted, but made me see where I had to improve.

There's good advise here and I'd def get the book if you can't get booked for some 1to1

Hugs it will get easier

Aww please don't be so hard on yourself, you will get there

We have all been there please don't fret this is what we are all here for big hugs
Invest in ur training Cnd do 1-2-1s its money well spent!

Agree with the others, first off if you are learning then you are just that... In training, we all make mistakes to learn! Don't be so hard on yourself. I bet your hairdressing skills weren't perfect over night :)

Out of interest who did you train with? Can you not ask for a little extra training? Or for them to watch you do a set & see what hints & tips they can give you?

But yes if possible travel, take holidays from work & do some more training with CND.

Xx

Nail biters are the most difficult ones aren't they! I would bet my money she has been chewing it (I do it!) and it's lifted.

You've had some great advice hunny, don't give up, you will get there!

And as for the person who's been particularly rude about this poor girls nails- I think your lucky she didn't give you a gobful, how harsh do you want to be? Really? Your a newbie geek too, hope someone comes along and gives you some unwanted harsh critisism and makes you feel like turd.

I wish mods would step in and caution people sometimes!

I'm not a nail geek but to the OP I think this is a really positive thread. You asked for help and got it, the girls could have said, oh no babes they're fab she's just a biter but they were honest about the flaws in the set you have done. You could have been defensive but you've taken it on board and accepted how you can improve, with free advice from professionals. If it was easy and everyone could do it without practise then we wouldn't have our industries! So don't be hard on yourself and chin up, you'll be great.

I trained in lashes a year ago now and my god I find it hard, i had a 6 month break so I am retraining and I have to practise practise practise until I feel I can produce a beautiful set of lashes,and take on constructive criticism and tutoring Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone considered that this could be melting due to DEET? I had a gelish client who used her sons excema cream as a moisturiser which melted them a bit. I'm kind of in the same boat, feeling pants because i'm practising but they are lifting after 4 days :(

Has anyone considered that this could be melting due to DEET? I had a gelish client who used her sons excema cream as a moisturiser which melted them a bit. I'm kind of in the same boat, feeling pants because i'm practising but they are lifting after 4 days :(

I'm in the same boat as you, I've got another thread on here about my gel tips lifting, I really don't know what else to do!

I'm in the same boat as you, I've got another thread on here about my gel tips lifting, I really don't know what else to do!

I forgot to say my acrylic is the problem, the gels last forever!

Thanks everyone I trained with essential nails so maybe I do need a 1 to 1 I will take ur advice and learn from it :) x

Don't put yourself down, it took me about 6 months to be confident in nails and nail biters really do pull you back! You can only get better from here, I found Young Nails and Naio nail tutorials really helpfull along the way x

Any advice on how to do glitter tips and not have them bulky :/ x

You say you mixed glitter with some gel, do you not have a glittery gel polish you could just put a coat or two over the tip and seal the whole nail with top coat?

BTW I did my first set of pink n white 2 weeks ago, they looked dire, so i didn't charge her and they came off within a few days :sad: So I'm going to tackle that one next year with some extra tuition, but in the mean time I'm just going to concentrate on clear sculpted and tipped Brisa lite enhancements and once i feel more confident then I'll move onto the pink n white.

(not that anyone asks me for pink n white cos everyone who has extensions by me wants Gelish on top)

You'll get there, and so will I in the end :hug:

Good morning
i hope these help
How to: Full set French Gel Tutorial with Christrio (Part 1) - YouTube
BRISA
Beginners UV Gel Nail with a Tip and Overlay Tutorial Video by Naio Nails - YouTube
YoungNailsInc - YouTube
How to: Gel string technique - YouTube

Hi Kelly , here are some links to some useful techniques, think positive having of trained at home you will most certainly benefit from a 1 to 1 this way you can sit with someone and help progress your career in the nail industry, there are many options out there i would advise you to ring NSI,OPI,CND,IBD,CRYSTAL NAILS,with these companies you will not go wrong, ask perhaps how much they charge by the hour hints and tips also conversion courses, there are many options I'm sure you will find to meet your budget , it is wise to pick a good educator as there are many courses out there where you will be taught just to put gel on like polish, this will not progress you in gel get your nail trainer out today and think positive and practice with the aid of these links, i myself am an educator and business owner and i to started from the point you are at continued education and training and working hard is what will progress you faster
have a fab day and keep your head up and focus on your career you will get there if you invest in yourself and your future

Latest posts

Back