completely rotten nails! eek!HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alialy said:
This is like a detective story!
The reason the gp said 'no its not fungus ' was because the lady took clippings into the gps they were sent off to hospital for analysis - they said no fungus!
The lady had NO symptoms before going to this salon, no redness on the skin just very short nailbeds from biting.
She didn't sign a disclaimer at her first appointement - or withhold any medical info (cuz she didn;t have any to withhold!).
How is psoraisis diagnosed? does anyone know? Oh! and can you get the symptoms we see from this pikki but no pitting?
I will reiterrate to her that a derm is a MUST! and that to tell her gp you can have it in nails only.
Thanx again you lot! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sometimes psoriasis can show up in the nails only ... she will still have it if you see what I mean and it may show up in other areas too.

The condition has to start somewhere, sometime. It may have started after she had her nails done for a number of months irrespective of having had the nails done!! It may be enhancement related .... it may not be. Could be the 2 things came together at some point but be unrelated. Just try not to jump to conclusions until all the facts are present.

Keeping you all up to date with this.
I have seen the lady twice since her first visit and her skin is healing well. The lab hasn't been able to grow any fungus - so she was relieved about that!
The redness is going down although the nail folds are still a little inflamed - although no where near as angry as on the pikki.
Two GP's have insisted that it isn't Psoraisis.
I am endevouring to get the updated pikkis on here.
What do I do now? I have looked in my tech books and can't find anything which tells me what tests are done to confirm or reject psoraisis - any suggestions?
Ta evaso. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jogels said:
It looks as if she has eczema and that the drying around her cuticles has been due to cortisone creams. The nails do look nasty and much worse than any textbook case of fungus I've seen. It is going to require a long and diligent treatment to get these nails/fingers to improve. Poor lady, and I complain about a hangnail!!!! :rolleyes:

That's what I still say...eczema. Eveneing primrose oil is helpful with this condition.

Thanks Sassy!
Those pikkis are intersting - so........... eczema rather than psoraisis?
The pictures certainely show some of the symptoms.
I will send you the pitures again. BY the way they are in jpeg, thats why we couldnt understand why they wouldnt upload.

Thanks Sassy!
Those pikkis are intersting - so........... eczema rather than psoraisis?
The pictures certainely show some of the symptoms.
I will send you the pitures again. BY the way they are in jpeg, thats why we couldnt understand why they wouldnt upload.

Oh my gosh Alialy........I was just going through the gallery and saw these photos, and I truely thought, those are my photos, how did they get in there???? I had a lady with nails just like this, could be twins........she was a bitter/picker and said her nails we always short, and lifting, but the skin area was all inflamed etc, same as here,she had applied stick on nails from the drugstore and had a reaction and had torn them all off in the night....I was appalled..........not much I could do for her and haven't been speaking with her lately . Was just wondering what the outcome of this was for your client- I would like to give mine a call and advise seeing a dermatologist.....
I'm going to try to post my photos in the gallery.

Thanks!

Oh my gosh Alialy........I was just going through the gallery and saw these photos, and I truely thought, those are my photos, how did they get in there???? I had a lady with nails just like this, could be twins........she was a bitter/picker and said her nails we always short, and lifting, but the skin area was all inflamed etc, same as here,she had applied stick on nails from the drugstore and had a reaction and had torn them all off in the night....I was appalled..........not much I could do for her and haven't been speaking with her lately . Was just wondering what the outcome of this was for your client- I would like to give mine a call and advise seeing a dermatologist.....
I'm going to try to post my photos in the gallery.

Thanks!

The pic is in the gallery now, sorry about the quality, haven't mastered it yet, but I am sure you can see enough to know!

Latest posts

Back