completely rotten nails! eek!HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alialy

Reaction score
:irked:
I have been doing nails for 6 years and have been faced with the worst ever today!
Not only couldnt I perform any service on this lady, but I didnt even touch her hands!
If I knew how to put pikkis on this site id put them on(any tips anyone?) you really should see them!
She has been getting L&P overlays from a salon for about a year. It sounds as though she was getting lifting & greenies originally, but the tech didnt soak off and sanitise just put thicker and thicker coatings over the top. Her cuticles had been filed Also into the sidewalls where the skin became cut and sore. Product was applied wet so it flooded all around the skin.

She has masses of fungal infections on EVERY NAIL! the nail plate is peeling flaking then just falling off! she has exposed nail bed on all but 1 nail. Her surrounding skin is red and sore and inflamed.

This has all been exposed because she had her L&P soaked off - she described the burning sensation/itching/and pain - the tech has told her that it is all caused because she is ALERGIC TO ACETONE!!!!!!!!!

what do i do? I have sent her to doctors - obvioulsy.

This is my problem.... the lady & her friend said they thought they were ok 2 go there because.........wait for it............ shes a CREATIVE TECHNICIAN!

SHE IS WEARING A CREATIVE UNIFORM, AND DISPLAYING CREATIVE DOCUMENTS! She is even calling herself ' Creative nails by ******'!!!

This lady really has a claim over this, what do I do? Do I go and speak to her tech to tech? Im worried that she is doing this to others, perhaps using the same files, and is ruining the reputation of those around who are trying to improve the standards in our industry.

I want to be professional - but I am really not happy at all - its giving us all a very bad name.

I tell you, samantha and samuel would hit the roof if they saw this ladys nails, and that they have been done in Creatives name!

ohhh dear upload a picture so we can see,
go onto gallert then upload , then it asks you to browse your files find the pic and click on it than it will upload if it is a good size , if its too big it will need to be resized
hth

This is terrible! Are you managing to upload the pictures, nothing in your gallery yet?

I personally wouldn't get involved but maybe Samantha would be interested in this thread and may take it further.

I take it you know where this tech works?

Best of luck uploading!

Trading standards might be very interested in this..... and health and saftey and any one else that is responsible for issuing her trading license..... I would choose that route.......
Letter of complaint from this lady, with Photo evidence, doctors note aso.... nothing will ever change if clients don't take the first step in this.....

Yes I do know where she works, but what would trading standards do? Also I am not registered with anyone such as Health & Safetey should I be?

I think the pikkis will be on the gallery later this morning - when my son gets back from his gcse exam - he'll try and do it for me!

Thanx for your resonses.

I think I will contact Samantha - have spoken to her before so will try that avenue.

Here is a post I did recently about the consumer laws that we are covered by ...

For example, if a client has a bad experience with a technician resulting in the substantial damage to her natural nails and skin, they will be covered under the following acts:

SALE OF GOOD ACT 1979 (Amended); Sale and Supply of goods act 1994
Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982
This Act deals with rights for the consumer and the trader's obligations towards the consumer.

The "services" part of the act requires the supplier of the service (such as nail tech, beauty therapist) to:
*charge a reasonable price
*give the service within a reasonable time
*give the service with reasonable care and skill

If a client believes that he or she has a case against you, he or she can complain and may contact the local Trading Standards office.

Or if you have a client that has been to a salon that offers gel at an inflated price and it turns out it's not gel, but l&P then this comes under the Trades Description Act 1968
* supply information that is in any way misleading
* falsely describe or make false statements about either a product or a service on offer

You see we do have the law on our side, it's just knowing it's there!

I've highlishted the really pertinent bits in red for you. Use the law to help us. As Ruth says, if no one makes a stand then these people will continue to get away with it and our profession will get such a bad name that no one will want nail extensions.

Thanx Sassy!

I will pass all the info onto my new client - along with copies of the pikkis i took(I can't get the bloody things onto the gallery!)

The trouble with these situations is that when you have been going to a tech for 1/2 yrs you get to know them and I know the lady will feel awkward about doing this! Especially because for the last two weeks she has been led to believe its 'just your nails' and ' you are obviously alergic to acetone'

I feel some responsibility towards the tech too - I want to explain how to do her job better - I could have a good guess as to who trained her though - perhaps a visit from her trainer would do the trick!

I didn't need a crystal ball to guess that what she had done was train in an oldfashioned system (which has been very popular in this area for 15 yrs) and had just done a1day conversion with CND.

Hi Ali,

You can always email the pics to one of the geeks on the site like Sassy who can upload them for you.

River

Thanks River - but I dont know how to do that either!

Ps I told her to use solar oil on these sore fingers - do you agree thaats ok???

Also I'm guessing this means no L&P ever? I shall have to use gel won't I - when everything is healed up? Also does anyone know if this damamge will mean her nail beds will be perpanantly shortened?

Here they are, all can I say is UNBELIEVABLE. she needs to see a dermatologist asap

If you click on it you'll get a bigger pic.

Here's the other pic!

There is something else going on here!!

This lady looks like she has psoriasis of her nails. Probably should never have been done. This is not just damage caused by a technician ... you can tell because of the horizontal ridging of her nails in the zone 3 area. The onycholysis is also most likely due to psoriasis as well as the redness and flaky skin surrounding the nails and probably not fungal.

She needs to see a dermatologist.

geeg said:
There is something else going on here!!

This lady looks like she has psoriasis of her nails. Probably should never have been done. This is not just damage caused by a technician ... you can tell because of the horizontal ridging of her nails in the zone 3 area. The onycholysis is also most likely due to psoriasis as well as the redness and flaky skin surrounding the nails and probably not fungal.

She needs to see a dermatologist.

That's really interesting to know - I kind of assumed the horizontal ridges were the result of damage to the new nail when it was right at the cuticle. Maybe done by/at the time of the damage to the cuticle area.

One day I'd love to know the stuff you just know instinctively :D

Trinity Nails said:
That's really interesting to know - I kind of assumed the horizontal ridges were the result of damage to the new nail when it was right at the cuticle. Maybe done by/at the time of the damage to the cuticle area.

One day I'd love to know the stuff you just know instinctively :D

I guess it just takes time and experience, love.

I have had a few clients come to me with nails that look just exactly like this before we started, and they all had Psoriasis of the nails. Characterized by a pitted ridged look (these ridges if you notice do not look at all like filing damage) onycholysis, and flaky red skin surrounding the nail plate and the nail 'seals' all puffy and destroyed. If you look, she has no eponychium and the area is all puffy. This is a condition and not just technician error other than the fact that she probably should not have applied enhancements in the first place.

I feel really, really sorry for this woman - whether it's the tech or medical or both. She must feel awful.
I hope she gets sorted and that one day she can have normal hands.

Victoria.

it says i cant see the pic???? xxx

Do you not think the crusting under the nail is a possible fungal infection. I know it would need to be sent off for analysis, but I would think there is more to it than psoriasis alone. Or am I over reacting?

NailsFrmHeaven said:
it says i cant see the pic???? xxx

I think it may be because I've deleted them from my gallery, I'll try and upload it a bit bigger!

thank you sassy im dieying to see it lol xxx

OMG!!! i dont know what to say, i have never in all my life seen anything quiet like this the poor lady. Will this damage ever grow out ? or will it be there foreva ? xxx

Latest posts

Back