Conditioning treatment for Shellac client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have been shellacing a client every two weeks for over a year now. She does look after herself and uses her solar oil but her nails do look dehydrated when I remove and she does suffer with chipping at the free edge sometimes.

This week when she comes, she would like a nail conditioning treatment.

At college we did the hot oil manicure and wondered whether this was the best option, if so what oil would you use (don't really want to tip all my lovely solar oil into a manicure bowel if I don't need to !!)

many thanks

H xx

Hiya, I have the same problem with my nails. Can't advise you but I hope someone will come up with magic cure :)

What about using a nice CND almond milk bath with warm water, , followed by almond hydrating lotion?

I would use SolarOil as usual and your best cream on her hands and pop them in heated mitts or paraffin wax bath then heated mitts. x

Do you use CND cuticle eraser? I use this with solar oil to create a moisture pack for the nails after my treatments. You could buy some if you don't already use it and retail it to her. She could then do a moisture pack every night xx

Do you use CND cuticle eraser? I use this with solar oil to create a moisture pack for the nails after my treatments. You could buy some if you don't already use it and retail it to her. She could then do a moisture pack every night xx

So how would you do this treatmnet stephiebaby?

I use CND almond milk bath it starts off as an oil then you add water and it goes all milky and feels gorgeous, it smells like solar oil but is more cost effective. I would then do the moisture pack, then cream or mask and heated mitts. Clients love it and so do their hands :)

Hi guys

I have been shellacing a client every two weeks for over a year now. She does look after herself and uses her solar oil but her nails do look dehydrated when I remove and she does suffer with chipping at the free edge sometimes.

This week when she comes, she would like a nail conditioning treatment.

At college we did the hot oil manicure and wondered whether this was the best option, if so what oil would you use (don't really want to tip all my lovely solar oil into a manicure bowel if I don't need to !!)

many thanks

H xx
Well I do use Solar Oil in a hot oil manicure. You don't have to tip into a bowl. You can use gloves and heated mitts.

It might be a stupid question but do I understand properly that the whole moisturising pack/solar oil intensive treatment should be done after the reapplication of Shellac not before (unless customer doesn't want Shellac anymore).

Sorry if I made it all sound daft.

So how would you do this treatmnet stephiebaby?

Finish shellac off completely, apply small amount of cuticle eraser to each nail (I put on at base of nail) then apply drop of solar oil and massage into each nail. I then finish off with a mini hand massage using CND scentsations. All my clients get this after a shellac treatment xx

Finish shellac off completely, apply small amount of cuticle eraser to each nail (I put on at base of nail) then apply drop of solar oil and massage into each nail. I then finish off with a mini hand massage using CND scentsations. All my clients get this after a shellac treatment xx

All my clients get this with their shellac treatments too, this particlular client just wanted an oil treatment in addition, not necessary a luxury manicure.

So If I were to do Geeg's idea, I'd just dab a little solar oil on each nail, glove and heated mitts for a few minutes??

Latest posts

Back