Conversations and customers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
I had a big battle on my hands yesterday young girl come in for a b/d and straightening (no problem I hear you cry) her hair was long long when she stood up it touched her bum, it was beautiful hair highlighted blonde but god it was a nightmare , she had been to a wedding the day before and had her hair in rollers so it was curly I dread to think how much lacquer went into it it was has stiff as a board.

I brushed it through first, from ends to roots, then I washed her hair in lacquer remover shampoo and then in a normal shampoo, but it just completly matted up again whacked on a load of kerasilk conditioner and combed it through but it was ever so knotty, from the time I started till the time I actually got to blow dry it, it was 35 mins later....

Anyway going off track a bit but I would say it took me about an hour to do or just over and in that whole time I tryed to make converstation I talk for wales (discovered she had been to her brothers wedding the day before hence the curls) and that was about all I got from her anything I asked her I had one word replys she was quite rude to the point other customers and co workers noticed, once the job was done it looked lovely but I didnt even get a thank you or a 5p tip nothing...

I get this from time to time, I understand people dont always want to talk which is fine but she looked like she was sucking lemons the whole way through..

I always make converstaion hey its part of the job.

But I just wondered if you all get customers like this and how you deal with it, in the end I just kept my chompers shut :irked:

we have had this before by a small handful of clients.
some people just dont want to talk you cant do nothing about it and some will have an attitude with it which we have also had.

but majority will want to talk etc so just go with the signals they give you.
as you will know if they dont want to talk. if they dont want to... then just keep any conversation to anything that is needed regarding their appointment while still being freindly.

I have not got the patience for down right rude people like that ! .... and if I think they are being down right rude to me , then after the inital consultation
I don't ask them a thing more ..... I do the hair the way they request
and thats it !
if they want laquer I hold it up and aim ......if they dont want it they have to say so! ... or duck :irked:
they usually soon start talking a bit nicer :green:

I have not got the patience for down right rude people like that ! .... and if I think they are being down right rude to me , then after the inital consultation
and thats it !
if they want laquer I hold it up and aim ......if they dont want it they have to say so! ... or duck :irked:

definetely if they are being rude then just leave them be .

i absolutely cant stand rude people. :rolleyes: ...

I dont talk much at all when im getting my hair cut mainly because i am so short sighted, and this is going to sound weird, but when i take my glasses off i cant see who is talking to who and its almost like i cant hear properly when i cant see!!! :lol:
Needless to say i am never rude about it and i have a laugh with my hairdresser now and say i cant hear her when my glasses are off but as soon as she's finished cutting i can put them back on and have a good ol goss!!:lol:
I've had many clients having a treatment like waxing for instance that you literally cant squeeze an ounce of conversation out of them so it's just a case of doing the job asap! :)

Sometimes I chat, sometimes I stare blankly into space doing a pretty good impersionation of a zombie. Depends on how Im feeling but I Hope to God Im never rude because at the end of the day theres Never a need for it.

Im lucky I guess my stylist is Fantastic, easy to talk to and very friendly, and cuts my hair how I like it lol. (some do what they like Ive found)

I have to deal with rude people in my job so its really opened my eyes to the 'other side of things', so if someones running late or something like that I try to be positive and friendly about it instead of rude and grouchy.
(At the end of the day who's whelding(sp) the scissors?:eek:) lol

and thats it !

lol minky that made me laugh , but I agree she was really rude I would rather her say dont speak to me, terrible I know but at least I would of known!

Hey Natsel I know what you mean ,

they are not nice like you Lady stardust or like you Lady nightshade you two are nice people

you can sort of tell these very rude ones straight away , you can actually feel it and see it in their body language too ,
they seem to think you are their paid servant :green:

I had one client like yours natsel who came in for a cut and blo dry
and after a short consultation and a picture shoved at me

she said ....." look I am going to read my book now as I don't like making small talk with hairdressers they talk the same old nonsense" :eek:

but..... I had to keep disturbing her because she kept putting her head down into her book and when I gently straightend her head up she kept huffing and tutting at this :eek:
in the end I just stopped what I was doing halfway through

(Psst... I always make my point halfway through as they will sit up and listen to you then lol x )

I said to her "look I am sorry but I cannot cut your hair properly if you are reading a book as the balance of the cut will be all thrown out"

she said well the other hairdresser does it !... I calmly said to her
"yes and it is a bit lopsided"....
she just slammed the book down till I finished cutting it
and didn't utter a word to me :eek: then she stuck her head back in her book as soon as I got hair dryer came out , when I finished she never even looked up from the book
not a thank you nothing ....... she got sprayed :irked:

Hey Natsel I know what you mean ,

they are not nice like you Lady stardust or like you Lady nightshade you two are nice people

you can sort of tell these very rude ones straight away , you can actually feel it and see it in their body language too ,
they seem to think you are their paid servant :green:

I had one client like yours natsel who came in for a cut and blo dry
and after a short consultation and a picture shoved at me

she said ....." look I am going to read my book now as I don't like making small talk with hairdressers they talk the same old nonsense" :eek:

but..... I had to keep disturbing her because she kept putting her head down into her book and when I gently straightend her head up she kept huffing and tutting at this :eek:
in the end I just stopped what I was doing halfway through

(Psst... I always make my point halfway through as they will sit up and listen to you then lol x )

I said to her "look I am sorry but I cannot cut your hair properly if you are reading a book as the balance of the cut will be all thrown out"

she said well the other hairdresser does it !... I calmly said to her
"yes and it is a bit lopsided"....
she just slammed the book down till I finished cutting it
and didn't utter a word to me :eek: then she stuck her head back in her book as soon as I got hair dryer came out , when I finished she never even looked up from the book
not a thank you nothing ....... she got sprayed :irked:

she got sprayed so funny.. :lol:

Sometimes I find youngsters of a certain age get really embarrased at absolutely everything and they just seem to clam up

do you know the age I mean ? ....when everything in the whole world embarasses them ? and if you ask them a question or anything they turn crimson :o I do kinda feel sorry for them at this age ....

Natsel Maybe your client had a sneaky hangover from hell and her Mum made her to come to the hairdressers ect....
or Maybe her Mum had a hangover from hell and couldn't help her comb it all the curls and knots out out and blow dry it for her :hug:

also thinking she may have been a bridesmaid? .... and was forced to have her hair curled for the wedding ? .... then her Mum may have promised her a wash and blow dry to get the laquer and curls out ,
:)

Sometimes I find youngsters of a certain age get really embarrased at absolutely everything and they just seem to clam up

do you know the age I mean ? ....when everything in the whole world embarasses them ? and if you ask them a question or anything they turn crimson :o I do kinda feel sorry for them at this age ....

Natsel Maybe your client had a sneaky hangover from hell and her Mum made her to come to the hairdressers ect....
or Maybe her Mum had a hangover from hell and couldn't help her comb it all the curls and knots out out and blow dry it for her :hug:

also thinking she may have been a bridesmaid? .... and was forced to have her hair curled for the wedding ? .... then her Mum may have promised her a wash and blow dry to get the laquer and curls out ,
:)

prehaps you never know, she said she was 18 so I asked her if she went to school or work etc and she said no im lazy... and that was thats :irked:

maybe I should of sprayed too lol

prehaps you never know, she said she was 18 so I asked her if she went to school or work etc and she said no im lazy... and that was thats :irked:

maybe I should of sprayed too lol

lolx :lol::lol: yep sounds like she needed spraying :) lol x

Some people eh?
As the most abrupt and scary London hairdresser you ever met, I would say Minky's approach is ever so polite.
I'm quite happy that some people don't want to chat but this girl sounds like she was being pig ignorant to you!
If you pull their knots hard enough you get a squeek out of them!!!!!
Some clients are genuinly quite shy and this can come across as rude too, so carry on being yourself and don't worry about her. x

All this talking of spraying... and I keep thinking of my cat. :eek:
Haha.

scary_cat.jpg

the cat 5 mins after spraying:green:

looking good

All this talking of spraying... and I keep thinking of my cat. :eek:
Haha.

I must swap that laquer for a cat next time I go to the wholsalers..... I only need a fine but pretty strong spray :lol:
do they have a button or do you just aim and gently squeeze ?

That was so funny natsel :lol::lol::lol::lol: is that your little cat really ? :lol:

With a persian, you just aim and squeeze

Latest posts

Back