Couture Tanning Colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champagne

Reaction score
I have recently trained with Couture and am very pleased with the training recieved & the results..

However...

I have been testing the tans in the salon the colours look great and they last & fade well.

BUT

2 of the girls have said they want a darker colour than the darkest one ive got...

Anyone advise a good ol dark dark dark tanning solution?????

Thanks in advance x

I have recently trained with Couture and am very pleased with the training recieved & the results..

However...

I have been testing the tans in the salon the colours look great and they last & fade well.

BUT

2 of the girls have said they want a darker colour than the darkest one ive got...

Anyone advise a good ol dark dark dark tanning solution?????

Thanks in advance x

do they by any chance sell drops you can add to the basic solution to get it darker for you?
Did you apply adequate solution to the skin...how much solution did you use?

Its young people isnt it ...darker ,darker and they dont particularly want it looking natural.Its like the nail thing with the very white square tips ,i dont get it but they want it.

The gun has been set for me.....

How would I gauge how much solution I used? I didnt check the measuring guide on the spray container.

I did wonder how do i know that I have applied enough, It was a nice even dark tone but not dark enough for 2 of them.

Not sure about the drops, will have to contact my trainer about that.

How would I gauge how much solution I used? I didnt check the measuring guide on the spray container.

I did wonder how do i know that I have applied enough, It was a nice even dark tone but not dark enough for 2 of them.

you are probably best getting back on to your trainer to ask these questions.
all manufacturers are different but as a newbie..I would guess you should be using about 35/45ml solution.
after a little usage you can start reducing this...just check with your trainer.

HTH

In my opinion the tan colour is fine, it developed fine and looked great, I had the same colour on me & it was plenty dark enough.

But yes they want darker & darker still.

Can anyone recommed a really dark solution, just for the I wanna look like toast clients.

If you can get youre hands on any 16% brand solution, that really should be dark enough for anyone!! They run the risk of dha overload on their skin any darker and will look orange not dark
xxx

Oh and Xen tan is pretty dark i found. But nearly all brands do a rli dark solution, get samples of some. hth
xxx

I think they want orange lol

My darkest is 10%, is this quite low for a really dark tan?

I use Couture in the salon. Which solution did you use on them, Romantic Bronze?

yeah the darker one.

Have you tried applying again a couple of days later?

If the gun has been set for you how are you meant to be able to take it apart fully to correctly clean it as this would involve removing the screw that has been set in a certain place for you,
did they not show you how to change the settings and how to check if your gun is set correctly,
also the setting on your gun will change when carrying it about and storing it so you need to know how to do this,
this is a basic thing that should be taught in all spray tan courses,
Tantrick do a 12% if you would like a sample just let me or Collin know and one will be posted to you hun hth

OK

I know the setting of the gun (i meant it was set at a specific number/mark) does this need to change?..... The liquid seems to be coming out fine.

Test spray seems fine.

Have been taught how to take it apart & clean it & put it all back together this was shown to me during training, which i have done.

All the tans i have done have been fine, some of the girls just want darker.

I apologise if i didnt make myself very clear, this was more of a tanning solution question rather than a training one.

I would be glad of some darker samples to try for the clients who want to go much darker.

Hi

I also use the Couture range. As far as I know the romantic bronze is a 10% solution. Other companies such as tantrick, sienna X and many others do 12% or over. I have a 16% from celebrity secrets but i am too scared to try it on people incase they just go orange.

I have not heard of there being any drops to add to increase the depth of colour( by couture) and there does not seem to be a 12% solution either which is a shame.

Ask for some samples of the higher percentage solutions from other manufacturers if you are unsure.

I like the solutions and have found the same that they fade well and have a good colour but it is the younger girls that want to go darker yet.

hth and happy tanning!!

Lisa

OK

I know the setting of the gun (i meant it was set at a specific number/mark) does this need to change?..... The liquid seems to be coming out fine.

Test spray seems fine.

Have been taught how to take it apart & clean it & put it all back together this was shown to me during training, which i have done.

All the tans i have done have been fine, some of the girls just want darker.

I apologise if i didnt make myself very clear, this was more of a tanning solution question rather than a training one.

I would be glad of some darker samples to try for the clients who want to go much darker.
Pm me your postal address hun and i will get it organised for you,
please bear in mind that i am going to Gmex tomorrow so it will be Tues before im back and can get it sent out to you hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back