Cracked nail repair - please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ophala

Reaction score
Hi all, I hope someone can help. I've managed to crack my nail (hit the same finger twice, once before I left the house, once when I got back - the 2nd time was obviosuly too much!!)

This is one reason I'm not confident enough to do paying clients yet - I've no idea how to do a repair.

What do I do in this instance? Soak whole nail off and start again or can I fix it without doing that?

Going to get hair coloured now - look forward to your replies when I get back!!

Here's the nail..... http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x204/ophala/IMG_0542.jpg

Cant see any blood...dont think its the natural nail...in which case you could soak it off and re-do or just file the crack away and re fill with product.

If it was very sore or bleeding then i would sanitise and clean the nail (scrub fresh is great for this but stings like mad) gently open the crack and apply adhesive...press and hold the crack together, buff and overlay and then let it grow out....reduce the length to help prevent catching it.

Oh thank goodness! I thought you'd maybe cracked your nail plate! :eek:

I would just soak off and start again, if I were you.

By the way - LOVE LOVE LOVE the glitter!!!! You are very talented if you can do something like that on yourself!

GO AND GET SOME PAYING CLIENTS IN!!!

:hug:

:)
Oh thank goodness! I thought you'd maybe cracked your nail plate! :eek:

I would just soak off and start again, if I were you.

By the way - LOVE LOVE LOVE the glitter!!!! You are very talented if you can do something like that on yourself!

GO AND GET SOME PAYING CLIENTS IN!!!

:hug:

Mmm exactly what I was thinking too!:)

I agree, beautiful nails! You should have the confidence to get clients in as these look fab!!! xxx

ah thanks all - I think I may just drop some adhesive down for now until I have time to fix it in a couple of days.

ah thanks all - I think I may just drop some adhesive down for now until I have time to fix it in a couple of days.

TUT TUT!!! That's a really great way of getting a greenie!

I notice that there's also a small crack up at zone 3 starting at the sidewall.
I'd soak it off and redo a new nail.

BTW - your nails are lovely - get some clients and they'll be happy to pay for pretty nails like that.

oh yes....step away from the glue!!

TUT TUT!!! That's a really great way of getting a greenie!

I notice that there's also a small crack up at zone 3 starting at the sidewall.
I'd soak it off and redo a new nail.

BTW - your nails are lovely - get some clients and they'll be happy to pay for pretty nails like that.

oh yes....step away from the glue!!

too late!! :smack:! it's only for a couple of days as I don't have time to fix it yet. my parents are funny about me doing L&P in the house 'because of the smell'! so i'll wait until i'm at work on thursday unless i crack it again!

love the glitter what type is it and where is it from?

i would also soak off and redo.

get some clients nails are wicked x

Hi Hun,
Soak off and re do.
They look lovely, you should get out there and start earning some money.
Best of luck.
Lotsa luv :hug:

love the glitter what type is it and where is it from?

i would also soak off and redo.

get some clients nails are wicked x

thanks - it's OPI absolute fx - the turquoise is electric fx and the nail bed is shimmer fx

There is nothing about smacking and breaking a nail that should cause you to lose confidence. It is wearer (sorry) abuse and has nothing to do with application.

Let's just remember that in 10-15 minutes you can have a repaired and beautiful new nail.

On the other hand, if these were natural nails, you're looking at a good 3-4 months before it grows back to that length.

Aren't enhancements wonderful?

Now, get our there and bless the public with your beautiful work, Girl!

The picture quality is excellent (I wish they were all this clear), I would never recommend a client to glue a nail, but seeing as though you are a tech..... i'd open it slightly, then drop some adhesive in the crack and refix into position until you get the chance to fix it.............. watch out for greenies though (fix it as soon as you can).
hey, we all do it when we don't have the time to repair.:eek:
Then file down/soak off and re-do the overlay

Latest posts

Back