Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep same girl doing full head of extensions for £50 inc hair , gelish for £5 and ebw for £2

Yep same girl doing full head of extensions for £50 inc hair , gelish for £5 and ebw for £2

mad!!

next she'll be paying customers to get treatments lol

I saw someone offering a package of Hollywood lashes nail extensions and a
spray tan for £20!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

tonight i have seen "£30 for sp lashes, hair blow dry and nails painted" and this is a salon ALOT of people frequent :( xxx

£50 hair extensions? i shudder to think where THAT hair has came from....

just seen the fb post again, its actually £25 not £30. and £10 acrylic nails at a different place, which the girl is pretty good at so its a shame she feels the need to lower herself to these prices xx

A home based therapist near me offers deluxe pedicure (about one and half hour treatment) on a regular special deal for £10 and a full body massage for £10....

Seriously, I am no diva but I would NOT get out of bed to charge those sorts of prices!

And I never think "oh no, I must reduce my prices in order to compete"...I simply think "that therapist is barking mad, can't hope to stay in business long and clearly doesn't value the service she offers"!!

PB
x

Person enquired on business FB for eyebrow tint, she charges £5.00 then asked if she wanted the "FREE" offer of eyelash tint and eyebrow wax :irked:

I forgot to add, they also said have you been skin tested if not don't worry you can sign my disclaimer. Really!

I've also seen facials for £5.00 and also full set of acrylics for £4.00

I just don't get it. If they worked in a salon and we charged those prices they wouldn't earn minimum wage and would shout from the rooftops about NMW. However, run your own business and charge silly amounts and still don't make NMW but they just can't see it.

Desperate, is what I say.

I would only offer a reduced rate whilst in training and then never, ever, ever that low.

Last edited:
Person enquired on business FB for eyebrow tint, she charges £5.00 then asked if she wanted the "FREE" offer of eyelash tint and eyebrow wax :irked:

I've also seen facials for £5.00 and also full set of acrylics for £4.00

I just don't get it. If they worked in a salon and we charged those prices they wouldn't earn minimum wage and would shout from the rooftops about NMW. However, run your own business and charge silly amounts and still don't make NMW but they just can't see it.

Desperate, is what I say.

I would only offer a reduced rate whilst in training and then never, ever, ever that low.

£4.00?! Some village is obviously missing their idiot...

check them out in a month or two...........................all gone....

Gelish hands AND feet & cut and blow-dry £35...

Mobile Fake Bake £7...

it would kill me to do sooo much work for soo little money

i wonder is part of the problem that when being trained not enough focus is put on the business aspect of running a salon?

i wonder is part of the problem that when being trained not enough focus is put on the business aspect of running a salon?

Possibly but let's not forget these people are NOT running a business in reality. They're existing but they can't be profiteering and that's what it's all about.

I would hazard a guess that a lot of the cheap, cheap prices are borne out of girls who are renting nail stations, so the overheads, in comparison to running a real live salon/business are very low. They just see bums on seats as a way of making a profit but I doubt many of them are not actually sitting down and working out their profit & loss of each individual treatment. Why be a busy fool?

Would you go for an interview for Tesco, be offered £6/hour and then say actually I'll do it for £3/hour? Nope, but these ladies do. Most will be working for minimum and less than minimum wage.

£5 for cnd acrylics! Diabolical!

Massively overgeneralising here but when I see crazy low prices I automatically assume they are untrained, uninsured 16 year olds who have painted a few of their friend's nails and think they know it all.

I'm just starting out at the grand old age of 31 but all along my main focus has been doing things properly and by the books and most importantly making enough money to make it worth my while leaving my current job to do the beauty thing full time. So yes I'll do special offers but I'm never going to do crazy prices.

I wish the industry was more policed- you'd think it would be considering the way it currently stands anyone can start slapping chemicals on people. It makes me cringe when I read about super cheap eyelash extensions from people who are clearly not properly trained- why would you go and let someone slap basically superglue around your eyes without the proper training!

I think the main issue is the public are not well informed- before I started training I certainly wouldn't have been able to tell if someone was using a fake Shellac and I never knew that I should get a record card filled out for every treatment- I've never ever been asked to do one for anything I've had done.

Boy I waffled sorry :lol:

Haven't seen any silly offers round my area but you can tell that people charging these prices will be uninsured, probably unqualified & don't pay tax & NI. I'd never go somewhere that was too cheap! X

i went to a pamper event in a school hall a while back and the girl next to me was doing pedicures - sort of! i say sort off because she was using polish from TK maxx and when she had a customer come back and complain because the polish was awful, she got a massive chip on her shoulder and refused to refund - it was truly awful, i would have been ashamed if i had done such a poor set of toes!

Anyway, she gave me her price list - lash extensions for ... wait for it... £6!!!! I nearly fell off my chair! I asked her if that was application of a strip and she said 'no individual lashes only take me 5 mins'

ha ha! i asked her how on earth she can isolate lashes and apply a full set in 5 mins and she just laughed and said she doesnt isolate them, thats a waste of time - she just places the lashes on top and drops them into place!!

seriously - there is some 'competition' out there that does not worry me at all!!!!

Trouble is they are good at getting therapists a bad name!

U havnt noticed any crazy nail or beauty offers in my area but there is a mobile hairdresser who was offering a cut & blowdry for £10! I'm a mobile hairdresser & I havnt a clue how she makes any profit!!!xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Choose any 3 treatments for £25 or five treatments for £40 ♥ manicure ♥ pedicure ♥ Geleration nails ♥ Geleration toes ♥ ♥ Minx ♥ leg wax ♥ under arm wax ♥ bikini wax ♥ fore arm wax ♥ back wax ♥ chest wax ♥ eyebrow shape ♥ eyelash & eyebrow tint ♥ hotstone back massage ♥ neck, face, & scalp massage ♥ ; )

Just seen this on fb is she nuts?

Last edited:
Choose any 3 treatments for £25 or five treatments for £40 ♥ manicure ♥ pedicure ♥ Geleration nails ♥ Geleration toes ♥ ♥ Minx ♥ leg wax ♥ under arm wax ♥ bikini wax ♥ fore arm wax ♥ back wax ♥ chest wax ♥ eyebrow shape ♥ eyelash & eyebrow tint ♥ hotstone back massage ♥ neck, face, & scalp massage ♥ ; )

Just seen this on fb is she nuts?[/quote]

YES! :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back