Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi charge $30AU for shellac and I seem a salon that's 1 hr away from me charging $80AU!!! I couldn't believe it! What reason do they have to charge so much??!!!

There are many contributing factors involved when setting prices.
Overheads like rent, rates, utility bills etc, and then staffing costs.
Maybe they pay top dollar for top notch staff, or maybe they charge that much simply because they can!

There are many contributing factors involved when setting prices.
Overheads like rent, rates, utility bills etc, and then staffing costs.
Maybe they pay top dollar for top notch staff, or maybe they charge that much simply because they can!

More often than not though its to poach clients x

Really?!
So, clients will defect to a new salon charging MORE than their old one?
I need to increase my prices if that's the case!

Really?!
So, clients will defect to a new salon charging MORE than their old one?
I need to increase my prices if that's the case!

Haha apologies, didnt read the post before yours, was putting your reply in context to the thread name. Saying that though there are a lot of people who believe in 'you get what you pay for'. One of the reasons people use salons us for convenience.

I lady on a selling site on facebook in my area is offering acrylics for £5!!!

How on earth can you make any money on that but surprise, surprise she has now had over 100 comments from one post!

You would think people would doubt a service like acrylics for £5 when you think about time, cost of products, etc.

x

There's I'd people by me charging £5 for a full set of acrylic nails, 99p for eyebrow threading and £30 for SP Lashes with free maintenance after 2 weeks... Ridiculous

I#ve seen this post aswell it wouldn't even cost the materials and time!

I lady on a selling site on facebook in my area is offering acrylics for £5!!!

How on earth can you make any money on that but surprise, surprise she has now had over 100 comments from one post!

You would think people would doubt a service like acrylics for £5 when you think about time, cost of products, etc.

x

Maybe they're not paying for the materials...

What's she using? Teabag water? Be lucky to get a cup of coffee and a biscuit for 6 quid in london! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

LOL!!! That made me giggle!

LOL!!! That made me giggle!

It stemmed from a curious thought....
If you were to sit in a bath of teabags and water, would you go brown? :what: (like a piece of paper when you're trying to make it look old - and on that note would you look old too? :confused: ) x

If you were to sit in a bath of teabags and water, would you go brown? :what: (like a piece of paper when you're trying to make it look old - and on that note would you look old too? :confused: ) x

Lol, I remember seeing an episode of TOWIE and bobbie was on the carrot diet as he wanted a orange tan lmao xx

www.facebook.com/BootyliciousOxford

I often used to have cool "tea baths" as a child when I was sunburnt. It really does help to ease the pain of sunburn. Of course these days I make sure to use sun protection on my skin rather than burn.

Bit of useless info there for you ;)

I often used to have cool "tea baths" as a child when I was sunburnt. It really does help to ease the pain of sunburn. Of course these days I make sure to use sun protection on my skin rather than burn.

Bit of useless info there for you ;)

Wow. I'm sure they were lovely. Did you go brown? x

Wow. I'm sure they were lovely. Did you go brown? x

No, lol! And I dont look old either (which was really what you wanted to know, isn't it??) Ha ha x

That said, it does stain though. I use it for sore eyes and I make sure it doesn't run onto my towels.

Listen, I think you ought to try it, and if it works, remember it was my idea when you go on to market it! x

No, lol! And I dont look old either (which was really what you wanted to know, isn't it??) Ha ha x

That said, it does stain though. I use it for sore eyes and I make sure it doesn't run onto my towels.

Listen, I think you ought to try it, and if it works, remember it was my idea when you go on to market it! x

Haha! I guess it's sort of like cleopatras milk baths!! x

'Models required, haircuts 1p'

This was handwritten in marker pen on printer paper omg -.-

Also, ironically the salon was called 'Ambitions'

Seen on Fb "Hair Extensions full head £70" o_O

'Models required, haircuts 1p'

This was handwritten in marker pen on printer paper omg -.-

Also, ironically the salon was called 'Ambitions'

What's the point in charging anything! Lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.