Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a new salon by our open recently and they charge £7 for a cut and blow, and £20 for a colour cut and blow!, I'm guessing the salon won't be open long! X

I have a " shellac style polish!"

Haha its not shellac, its nothing like shellac and its a gel polish ive never heard of called Fem. Bottles are exactly like shellac.

They charge £4 alongside their £4 acrylics and £50 micro rings including hair.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

A salon that charges.....
Drum roll please.....

C/b £4
Layers £6
Full head highlights £15

Apparently they use koleston colours by loreal (koleston is wella).

There's a chain of barbers that are in South Yorkshire called 'Easy Barber'

They charge £4 for men & £5 for women.

Thats it!

I am newly opened salon with 10 years experience in the industry and fully qualified in all the treatments I offer.
When I did my competitor research everyone was pretty much similar to what I was going to charge. When pricing my treatments (taking into account my rent, salary, products, any other overheads etc ) i still managed to deduct a couple of £s off my treatments. This is to entice people in. I still offer high quality proxy is (Gelish, Jessica, Thea and Nouvatan, NYX, Clean & Easy) and a high standard of service.

I had to be lower than my competitors to get people in to experience my treatments and this will hopefully guarantee a return visit
My point being, that cheap doesn't necessarily mean rubbish..
Although some of the offers listed in this forum are completely mental!
experience my tread ta

One of my main services is a loss leader. Supermarkets use them as their main marketing tool.

The definition is below....

A loss leader, or simply a leader,[1] is a product sold at a low price, at or below its market cost[2] to stimulate other sales of more profitable goods or services. Using a loss leader, often a very popular good or service, is a type of sales promotion—a marketing strategy that focuses on pricing strategy. Sometimes "leader" is used as a related term and can mean any popular article, i.e., one sold at a normal price.

Drum roll please.....

C/b £4
Layers £6
Full head highlights £15

Omg! Really! How do they make any money?! X

Omg! Really! How do they make any money?! X

I guess by volume.

They are mad busy and for £4 you get a 15min haircut

Short BacknSides so to speak.

There will always be more people charging cheap prices than there are people charging higher prices and the reason s simple...if you haven't got the ability or experience all you can compete on is price.

Liken it to a fancy restaurant vs. a cafe. There might be 10 cafes in an area, and when one puts a poster up saying "Tea and Toast £1" their competition might react by putting up a poster saying, "Tea and Toast 99p plus free refills". Of course, in the end its ok if the cafe owner is happy being a cafe owner and working everyday serving greasy breakfasts, but probably, just probably, somewhere around the corner is a person who tried a little bit harder at school and did an apprenticeship in a fancy restaurant who now has a beautiful business, employs 10 staff, drives a lovely car and owns a fancy house. S/he doesn't even need to answer calls about how much they charge for "Tea and Toast" - they just take calls of party bookings spending £50 a head.

The cafe owner couldn't just put up their prices and pretend to be the restaurant owner, and often they will know that. Likewise, the person who goes to the cafe everyday is unlikely to be visiting the restaurant every weekend. 2 completely different markets with room for everyone.

Drum roll please.....

C/b £4
Layers £6
Full head highlights £15

Hahaha!

There will always be more people charging cheap prices than there are people charging higher prices and the reason s simple...if you haven't got the ability or experience all you can compete on is price.

Liken it to a fancy restaurant vs. a cafe. There might be 10 cafes in an area, and when one puts a poster up saying "Tea and Toast £1" their competition might react by putting up a poster saying, "Tea and Toast 99p plus free refills". Of course, in the end its ok if the cafe owner is happy being a cafe owner and working everyday serving greasy breakfasts, but probably, just probably, somewhere around the corner is a person who tried a little bit harder at school and did an apprenticeship in a fancy restaurant who now has a beautiful business, employs 10 staff, drives a lovely car and owns a fancy house. S/he doesn't even need to answer calls about how much they charge for "Tea and Toast" - they just take calls of party bookings spending £50 a head.

The cafe owner couldn't just put up their prices and pretend to be the restaurant owner, and often they will know that. Likewise, the person who goes to the cafe everyday is unlikely to be visiting the restaurant every weekend. 2 completely different markets with room for places above

Spray tan, Gellux Nails and eyebrow wax....£10! someone should them you can't do an eyebrow wax and tan together! lol xxxx

I'm dead this week and really feeling disheartened.

I'm now thinking if you can't beat 'em, join 'em...:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Spray tan, Gellux Nails and eyebrow wax....£10! someone should them you can't do an eyebrow wax and tan together! lol xxxx

For that price I bet it's blue sky polish, immac hair remover and loreal spray. But saying that, those 3 products would cost more than £10 lol. Amazed people can charge so low x

haha i know!! lol even worse i dont wanna write the whole name since were not meant to post peoples businesses but a girl that lives near me has opened a beauty room that begins with "booty call" i dont think she knows what that means! shes charging £27 for spray tan, eyelashes and gellux nails also lol xxxx

I went to do some shellac with glitter had told the lady £25 , I did her sisters first fingers and toes. Then did hers told her I would do the 2 for £45 so £90 in total. She then told me the girl who normally did them charged £12.50 each and hinted she only had £80 in cash. I took a Cheque for the £90. Somehow don't think she will use me again the other girl was on her honeymoon.

Shellac, hair styled, full face of make up with complimentary strip lashes.... £40

Shellac £10

I feell like giving up!

Pay cheap pay twice ;-)

Lash perming today for a fiver, the Facebook ad is using the LVL 'before & after' image and no mention of a patch test!! :irked:

20" indian remi hair fitted for £100 & here's the best bit. ....
Only been used for 4 weeks so is in great condition! !!

Wrong...so wrong!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back