Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oooo yukkety yuk!

I'd be worried that the previous incumbent had thrown up in their hair...
Bleurgh!

People round this way charge about £3 for eyebrow threading, but this is East London, the majority of people can do it and nobody will pay more.

£7.50 for a sienna x spray tan in a salon. Mind you it was in a really impoverished area and the salon was crummy!

I could understand cheaper training prices, but the majority of these people must be losing money every time they do a treatment xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

2 sets of nails for £17 :-s

6.50 for semi perm lashes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Some people have no idea how business works!!!

$5 spray tans!

The product they were using would set them back approximately $6 per tan so they were running at a loss.

Makes no sense!

Beauty Therapist
Black Sheep Beauty
www.blacksheepbeauty.com.au

20" indian remi hair fitted for £100 & here's the best bit. ....
Only been used for 4 weeks so is in great condition! !!

Wrong...so wrong!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmm maybe, but based on average hair growth, the original owner had in their head for the last 40 weeks lol

Im just starting up a salon at home n there's a girl resting a room in the local hairdressers shes doing gel n acrylic all the time for £10 n i fills for £7. gel polish is £10 on toes £10 or both £14. she was doin all different massages in June for £5 each. She now charges £10 or 2 for £15. Individual lashes £20 n infills £10. Lash tint £4. How can I even compete with that.

Im just starting up a salon at home n there's a girl resting a room in the local hairdressers shes doing gel n acrylic all the time for £10 n i fills for £7. gel polish is £10 on toes £10 or both £14. she was doin all different massages in June for £5 each. She now charges £10 or 2 for £15. Individual lashes £20 n infills £10. Lash tint £4. How can I even compete with that.

You DON'T compete ;)

A new salon down the road is doing spray tans for £5. Shocking. They say they are busy but they are having to work 4 times as hard any they would if they just did them for full price.

ive just seen one on Facebook shellac for £8... and they spelled it shelac

Just seen an ad £15 for French acrylic or colour with free nail art.

Making no money there then x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi im just starting out with gel nails using orly gel fx going to peoples houses I love it. Have only had good feedback and have clients coming back to me
My Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geld-To-Perfection/141670462701925
My mum said I'm selling myself short I charge 15 for fingers and 15 for toes im worried if I put my prices up the regulars I have now won't come back to me.
Any advice would be greatly recieved thank you x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi im just starting out with gel nails using orly gel fx going to peoples houses I love it. Have only had good feedback and have clients coming back to me
My Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geld-To-Perfection/141670462701925
My mum said I'm selling myself short I charge 15 for fingers and 15 for toes im worried if I put my prices up the regulars I have now won't come back to me.
Any advice would be greatly recieved thank you x

Look at it this way; how much does it cost you to do a gel polish treatment including fuel costs? How long does it take you to perform this service? If you take the cost away from what you're charging then that's how much your earning per service. Work out how many you can do in an hour (1 or 2 tops?) and that's how much you're earning per hour. It's amazing how quickly you can find yourself earning less than minimum wage by not working out your costs effectively

Sam
xoxo

Ok so today one of my clients just told me she has a lady come to her house and spray tan her for £6 ... In london .

Ok so today one of my clients just told me she has a lady come to her house and spray tan her for £6 ... In london .

What's she using? Teabag water? Be lucky to get a cup of coffee and a biscuit for 6 quid in london! x

What's she using? Teabag water? Be lucky to get a cup of coffee and a biscuit for 6 quid in london! x

Lol!! I asked but she said she didn't know .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back