Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be good therapists to. I offer a spray tan for £10 on a Friday. And I've heard ppl say its to cheap but in the 8 months I've been working in the salon, I have gained so many clients and I have the same clients coming back every week. So yeah I'm cheap but my clients love it and recommend me all the time.
It's a tuff industry. When I started doing my offer the other beauty place round the corner cut their spray tans by half the price, to make it £13 for a fake bake and I've heard complaints about the therapist and the way the tan came out. X

Thats great its brought clients in - so a plus - perhaps in the early days you do need techniques like this to pull customers in?

But that low price will make in difficult for you to put it up surely?

Mad mad prices!!!

Where is the profit?

I don't do offers and I'm busy and loving it - really grateful and happy with it.

I've had customers commenting on how busy I am and telling me about other beauticians locally complaining about how quiet they are

I always be suprised as I just assumed they were all as busy if not busier than me?

I think it takes confidence and balls in tough times to keep your prices up - people seem to automatically jump to discounting and low prices but it doesnt have to be like that

It does require been innovative, creative and on the ball but its possible to do very well without lowering prices

Someone near me is offering spray tans from their home for just £5.00!!! :eek:

And another does a Sienna X tan (which I offer for £15) mobile for £8.00!

Don't know how I'm supposed to compete :irked: even £15 is quite cheap for a Sienna tan, I've no idea how they're making any money at all.

Thats great its brought clients in - so a plus - perhaps in the early days you do need techniques like this to pull customers in?

But that low price will make in difficult for you to put it up surely?

Yeah it's definitely been a great way to get customers in and because it was a brand people hasn't heard of it let them see how good it was.
To be honest I don't think it will be hard to put it up because all my clients say that even double the price they'd still come back. I've got them in through the door and their keepers lol x

Yeah it's definitely been a great way to get customers in and because it was a brand people hasn't heard of it let them see how good it was.
To be honest I don't think it will be hard to put it up because all my clients say that even double the price they'd still come back. I've got them in through the door and their keepers lol x

thats great - if it were me then i would start edging it up a bit if its got such a good response - you could even put it up a bt for december? or restrict that offer to your very quiet time of the day?

Someone near me is offering spray tans from their home for just £5.00!!! :eek:

And another does a Sienna X tan (which I offer for £15) mobile for £8.00!

Don't know how I'm supposed to compete :irked: even £15 is quite cheap for a Sienna tan, I've no idea how they're making any money at all.

Dont try competing with them

Distinguish yourself

Have people associate you with quality and a high level of service so that they know that naturally they pay more for you because they are getting a high quality treatment - pay attention to detail - be the best you can

I don't go to the cheapest hairdresser - I go to the one who I know does my hair amazing, does it with a lovely friendly manner, makes me feel welcome and valued, takes an interest in me and gives me great customer service

Spray tan, manicure, eyelash extensions, eyebrow tint party package for £35! X

I just saw a belter on fb for spray tans.......for anyone living in glasgow this person is charging £14.00 ......nothing odd about that you would think, but she lives nearly 40 miles away!! 80 mile round trip for £14.00 that's just mental!!

Dont try competing with them

Distinguish yourself

Have people associate you with quality and a high level of service so that they know that naturally they pay more for you because they are getting a high quality treatment - pay attention to detail - be the best you can

I don't go to the cheapest hairdresser - I go to the one who I know does my hair amazing, does it with a lovely friendly manner, makes me feel welcome and valued, takes an interest in me and gives me great customer service

What fantastic advise and also the perfect definition of what makes a successful service provider!!

Agree wholeheartedly with all of this!!!

PB
X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

What fantastic advise and also the perfect definition of what makes a successful service provider!!

Agree wholeheartedly with all of this!!!

PB
X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

thank you petit

just seen tan and make up for £10!!!!!

:biggrin:

A client that came to me the other day booked a full hour Dermalogica facial and expected it to be £20 as thats what her therapist chargers??

For dermalogica products, a wage for myself and to pay my rant, how can £20 cover that for a whole hour?

christmas offer - acrylic nails, twinkle toes, eyelashies and tan only £45 hahahaha

the girl who offers that always has silly offers on like that, daft thing is, she copys nearly every thing i seem to do (im only a nail tech at the moment) i can tell you for sure that shes not qualified for tans or lashes lol oooh and i recently changed my brand of acrylic and gel and guess who has suddenly changed hers today and the very same brand too lol

A client that came to me the other day booked a full hour Dermalogica facial and expected it to be £20 as thats what her therapist chargers??

For dermalogica products, a wage for myself and to pay my rant, how can £20 cover that for a whole hour?

and problem there is by something being offered too cheap it devalues the brand!

so leaves the customer wondering why the price difference

I just seen an ad for full spray tan, shellac nails & make -up for £30??????

ahhh thats a bit mental isnt it? wheres the profit in that?

whats the craziest pricing you've seen?

Mme, what I would like to know is, How on earth can they seriously put that package together regardless of the price? Yes a spray tan can be done after the Shellac is applied but make-up!!! They couldn't do it before the tan and to do it after the tan they would smudge the tan from the face!!! not a well thought out package, people don't think do they:eek:
p.s I did my hair & beauty training back in N/Ireland , Belfast, back in 95 to 97:green:

£10 for shellac

just saw these so had to add.....

2x spray tans for £12
shellac fingers & toes £15

Gel nails £10
Glitter gels £15
Nail art free
Spray tan £10 as many extra coats for no extra price.
Eyelashes £10 or £15 for extra thick!

The list goes on and on.

£7 spray tans acrylic nails with art £10 and this is mobile!

Thursday Special at a salon:

Full Set of Nails
Weekend Lashes
Eyebrow Tint
Eyebrow Wax
Spray Tan

all for £30 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back