Creative Moxie monomer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trained in uv arcylics its a good system but hopefully i will learn more at college

thanks kimmi ;)

Hi Kelly

Moxie isn't used for UV system m8, It is a great product and a very expensive one but worth ever penny. It only good when used with the correct products..! You really need to do the conversion and try the powders that go with the moxie.

kellyuk said:
I have been trained in uv arcylics its a good system but hopefully i will learn more at college

thanks kimmi ;)

Hi Kimmie, If you've been trained using UV acrylics then you really don't want to use Moxie - it's a totally different product. With UV acrylics you get time to 'play about with them' until you're happy and then cure them under the UV lamp - Moxie and the Creative Powders are not like this at all - they do not need a UV lamp to cure them.

If you'd like to continue using UV acrylics, then I would suggest NSI's Light Fantastic UV Acrylic - I do believe you can buy a 'Trial Kit' - but as everyone has said here, it's best to have at least a 'conversion' course in the products that you want to continue using. And keep your training current - we're all learning new things each day!

Good Luck
Jackie
x

JackieMc said:
Hi Kimmie, If you've been trained using UV acrylics then you really don't want to use Moxie - it's a totally different product. With UV acrylics you get time to 'play about with them' until you're happy and then cure them under the UV lamp - moxie and the Creative Powders are not like this at all - they do not need a UV lamp to sure them.

x

Hi Jackie, I thought I said that but just not as eloquently as you.;)

Sorry Jackie...............you're right. I didn't say it did I but I was thinking it though LOL.

Can you imagine if she sticks that under a UV lamp? She'll spontaneously combust. There'll be just a pair of steaming trainers sitting under the nail desk. xx

Thanks sooo much ladies god knows what imma to do with this moxie now lmaooo if only i had thought of all of this before hand im going to contact enails and ask them about their suppliers and such thanks again all youve been a huge help

kellyuk said:
Thanks sooo much ladies god knows what imma to do with this moxie now

Put it on e.bay. ;)

Kimmi Rocks said:
Put it on e.bay. ;)

LMAOOOO KIMMI what are you like eh lmao i cant as its been opened hence why i knew it was purple i was curious

Hi Hun

Star nails also do a UV lYte liquid that can be used under the lamp which is part of their VF21 range , why not see if you can swop the moxie and send it by courier not by royal mail or do local pick up only. Most of us started with crash courses and then continued our trainign with a product company as they seem to do the best training.

Wishing you the best of luck
x

scattyfox said:
Hi Hun

Star nails also do a UV lYte liquid that can be used under the lamp which is part of their VF21 range , why not see if you can swop the moxie and send it by courier not by royal mail or do local pick up only. Most of us started with crash courses and then continued our trainign with a product company as they seem to do the best training.

Wishing you the best of luck
x

hi hun its funny you said this lol i was looking at the star nails range but was looking for a proper company to buy from rather than ebay any suggestions ? thanks hun

Hi Kelly

Star nail is a proper company and you can buy it from capital or sally's. You don't need to buy it from ebay !

kellyuk said:
hi hun its funny you said this lol i was looking at the star nails range but was looking for a proper company to buy from rather than ebay any suggestions ? thanks hun

Have you thought about a conversion course? I was Star trained and converted to Creative

oh right ok ill take a look at sally's thanks for the info hun
I'm starting college in sept so no need for me to do any other training unless i dont learn enough at college it is a 2 year course lol

kellyuk said:
oh right ok ill take a look at sally's thanks for the info hun
I'm starting college in sept so no need for me to do any other training unless i dont learn enough at college it is a 2 year course lol

You could also try contacting Palms nails (020 8466 0102) as they do UV acrylics and their products are very reasonably priced.....I originally trained with them but have since done conversion courses with NSI ( I believe Jackie has mentioned their products).

Kimmi Rocks said:
Can you imagine if she sticks that under a UV lamp? She'll spontaneously combust. There'll be just a pair of steaming trainers sitting under the nail desk. xx

LMAO - it doesn't bear thinking about!

I initially trained using a L & P UV acrylic that had to be set under a lamp just as Gel does. Moxie is definotely NOT SUITABLE for use as a UV product, as it is part of a system that sets very quickly without a lamp.

You can get UV acrylic from The Edge by Alida (just type in The Edge or Alida in a search engine), you can also buy a product that is called 'Interactive' which is available from Beauty Express and is exclusive to them (again just type the name in a search engine), they have both UV Acrylics and normal self set L & P acrylics so make sure you get the correct one.
I too did a 2 day course but since then have done a conversion L & P course with Creative and the training is far better than the one I intitally did and the products are far superior. I thought I was a very good nail tech until I did the conversion and got all the extra valuable advice and tips on the course and now I am much better than before.
I prefer the self setting L & P (I use retention+), it is stronger and does not give me maintainance problems that I was getting on some clients with the UV product. I have now got used to the fact I have much less time to play around with it before it starts to set (even worse in the warm weather) as at first my overlays looked like mountains and valleys and as such my nail enhancement application is a lot faster and the clients prefer it too!!!
My advice is to do as much training as you can, you will go on learning all the time and use a great product that has a good reputation like Creative does.

Hi going back to the moxie, did it have a silver seal, if yes it is original, if not youv'e been done. If it isn't sealed send a message to the seller stating this and its authenticity, you could also leave negative feedback if yur unhappy, this would warn other potential buyers.

Hi there, I have been reading these replies and it seems to me that things must be very different where you are??!
I have been a nail tech for over 16 years now and belive me I was not then nor am I now "Creativ"ly educated. I have learnt over the years that many of the products in the market are actually one and the same ,produced by large labs in the states and sold as "private label" products. Many Many Many of these you have used without knowing and many of them have "big brand names"
I also know that you can buy "Creative products" online through many reputable distributors in most countries, none of these require "Creative Training?!"
I DO Think that educating yourself AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE is ALWAYS a good thing, as over the years there have been many thechnological advances in the nail enhancment industry.
Please don`t let anyone lower your spirits!!! Many of the TOP TECHS in the world were not creative trained and many of them were not trained period! however years of experience and subsaquent training have taken them where they are today. Experiment with products, Try product samplers they are a great way to discover new products without commiting yourself financialy. Some you will like some you wont as you know every tech is different and even with "Creative Training" each tech does a little of their own thing otherwise all nails would be "equal" AND THEIR NOT!!" I Just wanted to add that you should always ask ask ask the more you ask the more you`ll learn every day is a learning experience and in this buissnes there is always somthing new!!!

You say that anyone can buy Creative from reputable distributers, does this include the monomer and powders?

supernails said:
Hi there, I have been reading these replies and it seems to me that things must be very different where you are??!
I have been a nail tech for over 16 years now and belive me I was not then nor am I now "Creativ"ly educated. I have learnt over the years that many of the products in the market are actually one and the same ,produced by large labs in the states and sold as "private label" products. Many Many Many of these you have used without knowing and many of them have "big brand names"
I also know that you can buy "Creative products" online through many reputable distributors in most countries, none of these require "Creative Training?!"
I DO Think that educating yourself AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE is ALWAYS a good thing, as over the years there have been many thechnological advances in the nail enhancment industry.
Please don`t let anyone lower your spirits!!! Many of the TOP TECHS in the world were not creative trained and many of them were not trained period! however years of experience and subsaquent training have taken them where they are today. Experiment with products, Try product samplers they are a great way to discover new products without commiting yourself financialy. Some you will like some you wont as you know every tech is different and even with "Creative Training" each tech does a little of their own thing otherwise all nails would be "equal" AND THEIR NOT!!" I Just wanted to add that you should always ask ask ask the more you ask the more you`ll learn every day is a learning experience and in this buissnes there is always somthing new!!!

supernails said:
I have learnt over the years that many of the products in the market are actually one and the same ,produced by large labs in the states and sold as "private label" products. Many Many Many of these you have used without knowing and many of them have "big brand names"

I hope you are not in any way shape or form implying that Creative products fall into this category when you speak about Big brand names (which you don't mention).

Creative monomers are patented products that are protected by those patents and the products are not made by 'some big lab in the States' nor sold to any other product suppliers under any other name. Creative monomers were invented and produced by their own team of chemists IN HOUSE. This is one of the reasons why the products are so different, work differently and stand out from all others.

What you think you know and what you actually know are 2 quite different things.

I on the other hand DO know exactly where most of the generic products come from and who labels them and Creative is not one of them ..

Also FYI as you do not live in the UK ... as there is no licensing requirement in the UK, Creative UK do everything they possibly can to control the distribution of their products ONLY to hose who have taken a class with the product ... this is for 2 reasons.
1. to ensure that the technician using the Creative products can make the most out of them as they do work differently to other products.
2. to ensure that no one is using Creative who is untrained or badly trained or uninsured etc.
This is how we work in the UK .. it is different in different countries, but in most countries who have no licensing or standards, the Creative Distributors work along the same lines.

Latest posts

Back