Creative training at Earls Court, Sunday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellybelly06

Reaction score
I went to Earls Court yesterday (Sunday) and managed to get a place in the first of the Creative Fast track training sessions so thought I would share how it went with you all.
Firstly I have been wanting to train with Creative and have been looking into it all, asking the relevant people the relevant questions, so leapt at the chance to do this. I asked for directions at the stand and then wandered over to the general direction of where the guy had pointed. As I stood there looking lost I spotted a handsome fella walking in my general direction in a smart pinstripe suit- Crikey I thought, if anyone is going to know where the course is being held then he will- after all it was Samuel Sweet himself! So plucking up courage I got my directions and headed up to the line outside the room. We filled the room up quickly and settled down to listen to Mr Sweet explaining how to use the Creative pink and whites, using demonstrations, and a remarkable amount of humour and wit for that time of the morning! He was 'helped along' by more Creative royalty- Ketan Patel, Amanda Fontanarrosa and friends who were all hilarious and obviously great friends. As a fairly new nail technician I felt very unworthy to be in their presence and was quietly questioning whether I felt good enough to be there amongst the greats. However, everyone was so helpful and encouraging. They were so approachable and nice, not sure what I expected but they were fantastic and their teaching and methods were unquestionably the best.
Amanda looked after the row that I was in and, again, was really lovely. She was quick to point out our strengths but very encouraging and helpful with weaknesses. The lady next to me had not had any nail training although she was a qualified beautician, but along with the demonstrations and the ease with which the products can be worked with she was producing near perfect pink and whites! Just goes to show the quality of the teaching!
The course was scheduled to run for an hour but ran over by about 20 minutes- not that any of us were compaining. We all registered for certificates after the course and along with the moxy trial packs that we had been using we were given £20 gift vouchers to spend on the Creative stand. You can imagine how busy it was after each course finished!

So I would just like to say a big thankyou to the ambassadors for taking the time to teach us yesterday. The session was great, I hadn't covered pink and whites properly before so learnt alot which I shall practise studiously. My only complaint was that it didn't last longer- I could have sat there all day!
(By the way, I was the one in the third row with short blonde hair and a bright green t-shirt on, session 1 on sunday if anyone else was there with me...)

Wow, sounds fantastic, hope they will do the same at GMex.

Hey hon, I was in the back row, brown top, dark brown hair.

Ketan looked after my row, how fantastic is he!! So funny and a great teacher. Was a bit scared going in cos I've only trained with Creative to use their gel so doing L&P was really coming out of my comfort zone!
I really enjoyed the time though and like you I wished we could have sat there all day.

Lots of thanks to Samuel, Ketan, Amanda and all the Creative guys for giving up their time to do this!!

Hi Jessica- it really was good wasn't it! I was so impressed albeit a bit worried about my skill level when I saw who was teaching it all. I get the impression the rest of the class was feeling exactly the same way though. After all, if they knew it all they wouldn't have been there.
Joe90- if you get chance to do one of these courses anywhere, not only are they a great Creative education taster but they are a fantastic experience in themselves and definitely worth going for.:)

I was in the second session - sitting on the floor :cry: but still well worth attending!

Wow, sounds fantastic, hope they will do the same at GMex.

Me to ! Couldn't make it to Earls Court as got the flu :irked: so i will definetly be at gmex.

I did the session today and, yes, it was great! Thanks Sam, Ketan and Amanda xx

Yep she sure did.... lol I know as I sat next to her lol............
It was fab and we did have a giggle or two.... xxx thanks Christine for being my date today xxxx

Yeh! what a distraction you are Ruth xxx

Well Nikki and I went yesterday and wowser it was bloody brill! I never in a million years thought I'd touch the smelly stuff again. I've never used Creative l&p and I have to say I was surprised at how easy it was to use, Sam and Ketan got my mix ratio sorted in 15 minutes that I was never able to achieve in the whole year I used to use l&p 5 years ago (a different brand btw!)

Nikki was asked to leave because of her dirty laugh, but she was having such fun! And I think I insulted GMG when he did the deepest smile line ever ... I daren't repeat what I said as I'd probably be banned! :eek: But given my smile line looked like it had it's two front teeth missing I guess I was in no position to comment!

But it was fab to see how much fun the Creative Ambassadors make training ... BTW I think GMG and Ketan could be the next Ant and Dec or Morecambe and Wise ... they make a great double act!

I was there both days! blonde hair, grey and yellow stripey top, just qualified and moaning that my training was inadequate :D

Which one did you go to on Monday, cos if you went to the 11am one then that was Nikki and me heckling at the back :eek: :lol:

Oh my god - I am so jealous!

Are the doing this in Manchester - how can I get involved in this?

hi
we were there too.:)
i was sitting right at the front in the middle by the projector, and my husband and the company directors sat along the side to see these great people at work. i was petrified, and thought, us a humble small family business, a humble tech in the presence of these fantastic famous people, gulp. i nearly turned heel and wanted to leave, but i'm glad we stayed in the queue......it was great. An honour!!! as well as nerve racking having these guys watch your work. i for one really picked up on some great hints and extra knowledge in an hour and 10 mins............and believe it or not my smiles lines werent as bad i first thought, even with a shakey hand and under pressure!!!!
we stayed behind for as long as we could and chatted to Samuel Sweet and Ketan, and they didnt make you feel inferior at all..............
was a lovely experience.

the whole day was great, had met the lovely Samantha too and introduced ourselves, and also she gave me some great help with a few questions i had.

Hi Jessica- it really was good wasn't it! I was so impressed albeit a bit worried about my skill level when I saw who was teaching it all. I get the impression the rest of the class was feeling exactly the same way though. After all, if they knew it all they wouldn't have been there.
Joe90- if you get chance to do one of these courses anywhere, not only are they a great Creative education taster but they are a fantastic experience in themselves and definitely worth going for.:)
:lol:
i felt exactly the same on the Sunday session. buy hey how great to had the priveledge

I went to Earls Court yesterday (Sunday) and managed to get a place in the first of the Creative Fast track training sessions so thought I would share how it went with you all.
Firstly I have been wanting to train with Creative and have been looking into it all, asking the relevant people the relevant questions, so leapt at the chance to do this. I asked for directions at the stand and then wandered over to the general direction of where the guy had pointed. As I stood there looking lost I spotted a handsome fella walking in my general direction in a smart pinstripe suit- Crikey I thought, if anyone is going to know where the course is being held then he will- after all it was Samuel Sweet himself! So plucking up courage I got my directions and headed up to the line outside the room. We filled the room up quickly and settled down to listen to Mr Sweet explaining how to use the Creative pink and whites, using demonstrations, and a remarkable amount of humour and wit for that time of the morning! He was 'helped along' by more Creative royalty- Ketan Patel, Amanda Fontanarrosa and friends who were all hilarious and obviously great friends. As a fairly new nail technician I felt very unworthy to be in their presence and was quietly questioning whether I felt good enough to be there amongst the greats. However, everyone was so helpful and encouraging. They were so approachable and nice, not sure what I expected but they were fantastic and their teaching and methods were unquestionably the best.
Amanda looked after the row that I was in and, again, was really lovely. She was quick to point out our strengths but very encouraging and helpful with weaknesses. The lady next to me had not had any nail training although she was a qualified beautician, but along with the demonstrations and the ease with which the products can be worked with she was producing near perfect pink and whites! Just goes to show the quality of the teaching!
The course was scheduled to run for an hour but ran over by about 20 minutes- not that any of us were compaining. We all registered for certificates after the course and along with the moxy trial packs that we had been using we were given £20 gift vouchers to spend on the Creative stand. You can imagine how busy it was after each course finished!

So I would just like to say a big thankyou to the ambassadors for taking the time to teach us yesterday. The session was great, I hadn't covered pink and whites properly before so learnt alot which I shall practise studiously. My only complaint was that it didn't last longer- I could have sat there all day!
(By the way, I was the one in the third row with short blonde hair and a bright green t-shirt on, session 1 on sunday if anyone else was there with me...)

i could of sat there longer. i too was in awe!!!!! i was a the front laughing loud nervously at the jokes and the pranks..................:lol:
could do with more sessions like that at these days, or open workshops if feel like it!!! would be great

Which one did you go to on Monday, cos if you went to the 11am one then that was Nikki and me heckling at the back :eek: :lol:

Oh god, i was the one sitting in the first seat in the front row! Wish i'd have know it was you and i've have said hi! The wee fat one with the glasses, no the glamourous blonde lady :D

Oh god, i was the one sitting in the first seat in the front row! Wish i'd have know it was you and i've have said hi! The wee fat one with the glasses, no the glamourous blonde lady :D

Aw what a shame! Sam should have asked if there were any geeks in da house!

.......He was 'helped along' by more Creative royalty- Ketan Patel, Amanda Fontanarrosa and friends who were all hilarious and obviously great friends.........
Amanda looked after the row that I was in and, again, was really lovely. She was quick to point out our strengths but very encouraging and helpful with weaknesses.......
Amanda is great isnt she....I have her as my educator at the CND Oxford Academy and have been attending her classes since May 2005...she is so patient and very encouraging, I am so lucky to be taught by her.:hug: :)

can someone please tell me if they are doing something like this at gmex?
i really hope that they are!

iam feeling :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green:, i want to see them:cry: :cry: :cry:

PLEASE DO SOME MORE.

Latest posts

Back