CRIKEY, I'm in shock.. Steve Irwin is dead!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imagine how his crew felt watching that happen, my heart goes out to them aswell.

Just thought I'd add this latest press release

The footage of late Australian naturalist Steve Irwin being killed by a stingray could be shown on TV.
Charismatic Irwin, dubbed the Crocodile Hunter after his internationally acclaimed TV show, died yesterday while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.
Irwin was filming for a new documentary when he lost his life, and his cameraman shot the moment when the stingray's barbed tail stabbed the legendary conservationist through the heart.
The tapes are currently being held by Queensland police - but Irwin's family are determined to respect his last wishes and allow the harrowing footage to be broadcast.
Irwin once insisted, "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip.
"Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me."
An insider tells the Daily Star, "This is exactly what Steve would have wanted. He knew the dangers and was totally up for the cameras to get everything."

[My youngest (5 tomorrow) actually cried when he saw it on the news and we explained it to him.:cry: We had to tell him there was too many crocs causing trouble in heaven and God needed his help to control them.]

AWWWWW THAT IS LOVELY

apparently the footage is too graphic to ever be shown ....... no doubt, it will end up on the internet somewhere .... sad..... sad....... sad

I am not sure if this is true as it was in a tabloid but apparently the family wishes for the footgage to be shown as they beleive it would have been Stevens wishes no matter what (Sadly) happended to him.

I warmed to Steve gradually over the years, I didn't like his style to start with, too loud but have been a true convert for years now. Whats not to admire in a person with such huge enthusiasm for what he did. It was infectious. He's championed causes in the news and behind the scenes with little publicity, his zoo apparently runs breeding programs for endangered species. I hope his wife and his family keep the zoo and his good work running just as he would have in life. Sad for his family and children but what a fitting end, cant imagine he would have wanted it any other way somehow.

A now absent hero and champion of many causes, a toast.............long may he be remembered for everything good he did and stood for.

Latest posts

Back