CRIKEY, I'm in shock.. Steve Irwin is dead!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im 28 yrs old and feel like ive grown up with him in my life - always seeing him on telly etc Very very sad.

Love to his family. xxx:cry::cry:

:cry: iv only just seen this as i logged on ! i loved watching the croc files,, he was awesome! :cry:

Bloody hell how awful

he was a pleasure to watch and its sad to lose him

Very sad,makes you realise none of us are invincible,thought he was at times with some of the stunts he did though.Feel like lost a friend.Kids used to love watching him.Such a shame for his wife and 2 kids.

God I cant beleive it. My sons LOVED him!! What a terrible shame.

australia has lost one of ther all time favourite Aussie icons.you will be saddly missed.feel so sorry for his wife and there 2 kids.
THANKYOU STEVE IRWIN............

So so upset by this...he was a really nice genuine man and sadly there arnt enough people like him around, now 1 less. His poor family.

Crocman Steve Irwin is dead.
The guy was almost the ultimate wildlife idiot, but oh so loveable. The world will really miss this guy!!!!!

I have to agree-I am still totally in shock-I cant believe his career finally killed him-I know he did some majorly nuttty things but he was so good at what he did. I am so sad for poor Teri adn their kids:cry: I still can't believe it!Was expecting it to b some kind of Kenan and Kel rumour-they died in a car crash apparently quite a few yrs back-dunno if anyone remembers-but it was all a load of b*llox
I just can't take it in!:eek: :cry:

I'm still in shock, just so hard to believe especially after all of his life and death experiences. My condolences to his entire family.

OMG. I cant beleive it. How sad! :cry:

I loved his programmes so much! His poor wife and little children. God, I feel gutted!

just found this on the news site xx

Crocodile expert Steve Irwin has been killed by a stingray while diving off the northeast coast of Australia.
The fish pierced the chest of TV's famous khaki-clad 'Crocodile Hunter', while the 44-year-old was filming an underwater documentary off Port Douglas in northern Queensland.
A helicopter rushed paramedics to nearby Low Isles, about 1,260 miles north of Brisbane, where Irwin was taken for treatment, but he was dead before they arrived, police said.
Local diving operator Steve Edmonson, whose boats were out on the Great Barrier Reef when the accident happened, said: "Steve was hit by a stingray in the chest - he probably died from a cardiac arrest from the injury."
In 2004, Irwin caused outrage by holding his then one-month-old baby in front of a hungry crocodile. His TV series ended after he was criticised over the incident and also for allegedly disturbing whales, seals and penguins while filming in Antarctica.
Stingrays have sometimes been called the "pussycats" of the sea because of their generally non-aggressive nature. However, when threatened, they can whip up their toxic tails in an instance, causing excruciating pain to humans.
Their barbed stinger grows from the tail like a fingernail and is covered with a toxic venom but deaths from contact with the barb are rare.
The largest species of stingray can grow to about 13ft (4m) in length or width and their tails are often twice as long as their bodies.

how sad my thoughts go out to his family xx

RIP Steve, my thoughts are with your family.

He will long be remembered for his inspiring conservation efforts.

He really was an Australian Icon.

awwwwwww this is such sad news my thoughts go out to his family at such an awful time xxx

My thoughts go out to his poor family bless them all.

My daughter used to do a fab expression of steve and would always make us laugh :) I can see her now shouting "That was a bit of a close one " as she tried to catch a spider lol

im so shocked, i havent had the tv or radio on yet. i had to look what forum this thread was in because i thought at first it might be a joke in the har-da-har-ha section.
i have seen loads of his programmes as i love snakes and every time i see him i expect he will get bitten by one one day and die.
it is such an awful shame.

what a tragedy i am quite sad,
the boys are really upset
they love him and the other bloke nigel(the dinosaur guy)
we allways watch him on croc diaries.
its really sad.
my thoughts are with his wife daughter and son xx

Sad News.
I Used To Love Watching Him.
Thoughts Go Out To His Beautiful Family.

R.i.p. Steve

Sorry guys just started a new thread,, how did i miss this one... my thoughts are with his family.. he was a great guy:cry::cry::cry:

My 7yr old daughter is gutted.....she's loves watching all of his shows. It is a terrible shame, he made it kind of "cool" to be interested in wildlife and the environment.

Latest posts

Back