Crystal Pedicure - gave it a go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphrodites

Reaction score
I used mixed gems because i didnt have enough clear ones and it's by no means perfect (not bad for a first attempt) but i see why Nails Inc use 2 technicians..... my eyes were boggled after 2hours of gem sticking!!!!

Anyone else had a go? Will you be adding to your treatment list? And at what price?

Pic on my websire in gallery

Hiya,

can I ask what you use to stick the crystals on with? Your picture is your gallery is fab, looks really good.x

what did you use?
I couldnt help wondering why it takes 2 nail techs so long to do it,..... maybe they dont have my high tech stick with blu tac..............

I think you need 2 techs just because of the strain on your eyes. I swear by the end by eyes were so sore and boggled lol.

Because i was just experimenting... i'm sure this isn't how it should be done and not how i would for paying clients, but i just stuck the gems onto a base polish, did a little strip at a time and once i finished but a UV sealant over the top to make sure they don't fall off. Using myself as a guinea pig to see how long they last!

The nails inc ones were pressed into a gel, but it didnt mention curing or anything so not sure what they use - anyone else know?

I don't see how they will stay on without a sealant, unless they are pressed into gel and then cured maybe?!!?

Picslook great:D

2 technicians! lightweights lol. I spend hours 'blinging' things, phone cases, ipod cases, allsorts lol.

Once I get my nail kit, might give it a go on nails too :D Love the look

Gel bond would do it lol might be messy though but then if you did a strip at a time it wouldn't have to be,
You could use gel , would be a lot of uncured product under all of the crystals though but it would work ,
I was thinking the black brisa would be perfect, it would be worth applying the gel top coat with a small brush though so that you didn't go over the gems with it and only in beetween or they would dull ,
As for your eyes you can get a light with a magnifier on it lol (they've thought of everything lol
Like I was saying on a different post earlier today I have done this for bride on the fingers, but I used a cover pink all over then just swavorski to make a French , it was sooooo bling!
Ifr nails Inc did use a U.V cured top coat they prob wouldn't say it on T.V just to keep other tech guessing, lol they cant give away all the secrets ,

very impressed! Is that your first attempt? do you need to file after? i could imagine me not fitting them in properly lol

very impressed! Is that your first attempt? do you need to file after? i could imagine me not fitting them in properly lol

Yes first attempt, with my 2 year old trying to help lol. I have a few gaps on my big toes, it is quite fiddly but its not bad for a first go. Needs some practice. Just a shame it takes soooo long to do. No i didn't file after.

2 yr old helping, no wonder your eyes were boggling lol how many crystals would you say it takes for a full set? I'm gonna buy some and give it try.

Hi ohhhhhh I like very much mite have to do my big toe wouldn't have the energy to do all toes lol :)

I have no idea,... maybe 100?! Once you get past the big toe the others are a doddle!!!

how did you get your website as your homepage on here?

I found this it is quite in interesting to read and has a wee vid /ad lol
even though sticking on gems is not exactly a new thing lol it is quite a good "gimic" giving it a name that makes it sound good,
hears the link : Swarovski Crystal Pedicure (Because Magazine)

600 crystals on each foot ? I think not lol :eek:

How about using building resin and activator (fibreglass family) I know that when my educator puts crystals on things thats what she uses...

I want to offer this but not sure how to price it!

just done my big toe it didnt take too long and i used 50 crystals I put one layer of gel then crystals cure then another clear coat of gel and cure looks good

What size crystals did you use x

Do you think this might work with Shellac, sticking them on to the base coat and then the top coat over the top of the crystals?

I think those are really pretty ... you really do need to have the patience of a saint though, don't you :lol:

You've inspired me now to do the same on my little piggies!

xx

Had a looky in your gallery and think they look really nice! Well done!

I'm wondering if they might be the devil's own job to get off though! When you think how difficult it can be to get one diamonte off!

Latest posts

Back