Crystal Pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks top tottie, the pics show my first ever set!!!! I would be doing mine again ready for the good weather but i'm seven months pregnant and cant reach!!!!! xxxxx:eek:

I added it on monday after some successful practising - very popular, done three this week and more booked in next week! x

I buy from www.alliumblue.com they are a genuine wholesaler for Swarovski Elements and you just need to create an account get a price. They are the best I have found so far imo

Hiya..geeky geeks.....

I have searched and searched on this forum and finally came to a decision that I will be offering Crystal pedicure - people say its a bum to apply because it is fiddly but I love fiddly things - so challenging!!

I am very unsure what crystal pedicure entails?

My understanding is:

Basic prep - (no soaking) - or should there be soaking?
Cuticle work
Cut,trim,file
Base coat,
Resin, crystals in small section - in particular for big toe
Activator.

Or should it be full pedicure as in soaking, buffing soles, cut, file, cuticle work, exfoliating, massage, then base coat, resin, crystals, activator?

Arrrghhh it is doing my head in!!

Hi - I do a Crystal Pedicure but i do it with Minx - I find it works really well and look amazing. I follow the basic PREP with no soaking.

Apply the Minx and then using Gel Bond a line at a time I apply the Crystals - I find using SS8 size is the best.
I dont apply a top coat as i find it takes the sparkle off the Crystals

Hope this help?
:hug::hug:

Hiya! What a great thread! Where is the best place to buy the crystals? xxx

am i correct in thinking that u use a uv gel to set them? what other methods would work and is there anything that is suitable to use to set over the top without diminishing shine???

Hi - I do a Crystal Pedicure but i do it with Minx - I find it works really well and look amazing. I follow the basic PREP with no soaking.

Apply the Minx and then using Gel Bond a line at a time I apply the Crystals - I find using SS8 size is the best.
I dont apply a top coat as i find it takes the sparkle off the Crystals

Hope this help?
:hug::hug:

I like this idea because it would be much easier to remove.

If you set them in gel (of any sort) and then cure, how does the gel cure under the crystals?

I use resin and activator and never have a problem with em going dull or removing them. and they last for ages lol.

I fancy trying them on myself before I bulk buy and to make sure I've got the best colour, I see on the website they offer them in packs of 100, how many packets do you reckon would be needed for a full crystal pedicure?

I fancy trying them on myself before I bulk buy and to make sure I've got the best colour, I see on the website they offer them in packs of 100, how many packets do you reckon would be needed for a full crystal pedicure?

I have never counted to be honest, plus everyones nail plate size differs as well as the size of crystals. So it would be hard to say how many anyone would need. I bought 300 ss8 size to start with then bought in bulk from there
xx

thanks for that x

Thanks for this. Also how much would you charge? I know some salons are charging £120 but I was thinking £50 or so. What do you think? Thanks.

Hello to everyone

I am new to writing on this site although i have read lots of threads all very interesting and helpful.
At the moment i am waiting to start nail tech training. I have a strong background in the hair and beauty but i moved from Scotland (UK) to USA 3 years ago and to get my nail license i have to go back to school which i start on June 13th. I'm based in Florida and can not beleive how far behind they seem to be with fashion and staying up with the trends.
Thankgoodness for Salon Geek it keeps me in the know of what's going on in UK :)
I am pretty good at nails and am practicing on my friends just mani"s and pedi's for now. I have also purchased my Gelish Kit so i will be using that with friends so i can get as much practice in as possible. I'm not gonna attempt the gel and acrylic enhancements till i go to classes since i do feel you need to be hands on with a pro trainer to know exactly what your doing... roll on June 13th :)
Anyways i have also checked out the Crystal pedicures which i love so much and i know a lot of american women where i live would love it ...they love Bling here, especially where i live ...lots wealthy ppl here and don't care what it costs they will want it.
I have ordered ss5 clear crystals from this website Swarovski® Elements Crystal Components Online Wholesale Catalog 2011/2012, Allium Blue hope they dont take too long to arrive cause im gonna be my very own advert.
Pretty feet are always on display here in FL sincer we get sunshine all year round ...i wear my flip flops every day of the year :) Pretty nails are a must here!
I have to share this with you.... My daughter is a certified nail tech back in Scotland, she was here in begin April visiting me ...she applied Minx to my toes i loved them:Love:...i had the gold lightening sooo pretty, anyways the same day we went to the mall to shop with my daughter every store we were in asked what was on my toes...i told them and they all wanted my daughters number to get them done...seriously... it was amazing ppl even stared at my feet while we sat eating lunch curious because they have never seen Minx before. Then a few days later i was in Macy's huge american store, i had atleast 6 ppl within half hour of shopping asking what it was on my toes and where could they get it done. I even had a woman follow me telling me she would pay any amount to get toes like that. She gave me her number along with 5 others. My shoppig day was all about minx ! Anyways can you imagine what they will be like when i am able to apply Minx and do crystal pedicures :) The business is out there for me, i just need to be properly trained meantime i will use myself and my friends as models :p till school starts :) sorry the post was long but im so excited to get started and wanted to share with other nail geeks.

I will be on here asking questions im sure ...hoping i will get the help and support. I will keep you all posted :biggrin:
Sincerely
newbie - Michelle

Hello

I am charging £60 for Toes (Full Set)
£20 Big Toes - Rest Gel
£30 Big Toes - Rest Minx

x

So just to clarify as I would like to practice
Shellac base, add crystals and cure 10 seconds
Could you use shellac top coat all over or does this dull crystals?
Bit confused as so many options!
Thx
Soph x

I buy from www.alliumblue.com they are a genuine wholesaler for Swarovski Elements and you just need to create an account get a price. They are the best I have found so far imo

I ordered mine from the same website ...thanks to you :)
Michelle :)

Hey, when using shellac for this treatment what is ur procedure?

Latest posts

Back