Customers purchasing solar oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazzy

Reaction score
Evening ladies

does anyone have a problem selling solar oil to their customers. I find that clients have no problem paying for nail exhancements and they see what the oil does but never want to purchase it. When them come back for infills/rebalancing it makes my job a lot harder than those clients that use oil regularly. I have given free mini pots of oil to customers to prove my point and they admit the oil makes their nails look better and last longer... yet still they're reluctant to purchase!!!

Sarah
xx

I give a little pinkie with every full set, but I always find that as soon as they have finished, they will ask for a new bottle.

Well Gigi recently said that it helps to make them last better and keeps them stronger without the need for frequent replacement sets ... and all for the equivalent of the cost or repairing one broken nail:green:! It will cost them less in the end :idea:. Maybe we should have two maintenance price tariffs - one for those that do as they are told:) ... and one for those who don't :smack:! :lol:

Offer them the solar oil pinkie size for free (I say this is the handbag size) I tell them and its true I have one in the car lots at my desk one on my night stand and one in the kitchen and bathroom I use it for lots of different things as well as my nails)
Let them know the next time this size will be £---- on top of their nail as you know how much they like it. It not only make your nails lovely you can also use it on X Y Z....... I find this alway helps and it goes from there to the larger size -
If you are mobile make up a small leaflet saying the benefits of solar oil (You know the Liquid Gold in a Bottle and which magazine is featuring it this month) and when you given them their free bottle give them this with your price list.

Or alternatively up your nail service by the cost of a bottle of pinkie solar oil and give them it free they will think this is great and be none the wiser and when doing your stock take and books just remember to subtract the cost.

dont worry too much somepeople are tight and wont bye it anyway.

Good luck Catherine:rolleyes:

No I dont have a problem with retailing solar oil to my clients, I used to have pinkies but havwent got anymore left, so I let them know the benefits of solar oil, and also let them know that enhancements will look so much better with the regular use of it, that 9 times out of 10 they do buy a bottle, be it a 1/4oz or 1/2oz.

What we found worked really well was to put our price on a full set up by 5 euros (about 3 quid or 2.5) and give them a ....free.... pinkie size !!!That way they use the oil which makes a rebalance far easier to do instead of trying to file off old dried up product,and their cuticle area is in much better condition too.
We sell Solar Oil after that with emphasis on skin, anti-ageing,and long lasting nails.

I comp their first pinky size with their first full set... not many are reluctant to upgrade to the larger bottle after they use the pinky (which lasts them a good 3 months anyway!) for any who are reluctant I inform them that I cannot guarantee that their enhancements will last the distance.. if you educate them that the solar oil is part of the process of having enhanced nails.. rather than an add on sale... then they generally are never reluctant to buy solaroil as they have learnt (or been informed) that the oil and enhancements go together. if that makes any sence! I am only on my first coffee of the morning!

Evening ladies

does anyone have a problem selling solar oil to their customers. I find that clients have no problem paying for nail exhancements and they see what the oil does but never want to purchase it. When them come back for infills/rebalancing it makes my job a lot harder than those clients that use oil regularly. I have given free mini pots of oil to customers to prove my point and they admit the oil makes their nails look better and last longer... yet still they're reluctant to purchase!!!

Sarah
xx

I've had quite a few clients that buy oil and others that are just...well...tightfisted in the retail way:lol:
BUT the ones who buy it are hooked and love it.
You can't win em all eh?

thank you ladies. im due to increase prices so i think i will increase it to include a pinkie size bottle and will charge more if clients continue to use it.
Sarah
xx

I give a pinkie sized bottle every full set, my clients love it!
And occassionally I give the odd one away as a treat! but only to the ones who do as they are told and look after their nails!!!!

Well i had a new client today and when i came to after care and using cuticle oil she said, Well I've never been advised about that! ... and promptly bought a bottle. So it just shows that we should always mention it, even if we don't get a 100% hit rate! I always tell them about it as I am applying it, tell them the benefits of how it will keep everything in good condition and just make the whole nail look a lot better. I also say it's great for mossie bites and scars and if they give up on nail enhancements then it will be great for their natural nails too.

If anyone finds it difficult to sell then watch QVC! They are great at it, they just ooze enthusiasm, never have a negative in their sentiment, "this one flies off the shelves" they say, "we can't keep it on stock, it;s our best seller" they go on ... and all for the bargain price of 15 quid!!!!!!!!! I also heard one presenter say that having raggedy cuticles was like having a stained glass window with a tatty frame, I thought that was a great analogy.

But yup you can't win 'em all! Some people just won't buy into it no matter what you say!

As soon as I say the magic words "it keeps them looking better for longer" - they tend to want to buy some

I find after they have had their 'freebie' pinki and SEE the benifits after 2 weeks, I don't really have to say anything xx

People often comment on my 'lovely cuticles' and that means I alway get to sell at least a pinkie size, including my manicure clients:)

I'd probably say 90% of my customer buy a pinkie bottle of solar oil when its there 1st set of nails, most ask for a new bottle when they have finished it. I always recommend it when I am actually putting it on and advise of the price, think it helps that the ladies in the salon I rent space in often chip in about how good it is when I'm telling the customer about it ! xx

Hi,where is the best place and price to buy pinkie size bottles plz thanks?

I must say, in the years I have worn acrylics I have noticed the nail techs using Solar Oil (or unbranded oil - sus sus) during infills, but not one of them have told me what it's for, why they use it or even that I should be using it - NSS or otherwise. It's taken Salon Geek (Thanks geeks!) & online research for me to realise the benefits of using cuticle oil - in particular Solar Oil!

When I realised that I should get it, when trying out a new salon for an infill I asked if they stocked it. No! I went to about 4 other salons asking - none of them had any type of cuticle oil, let alone Solar Oil!

Finally, I found a beauty clinic that had OPI Avoplex which was expensive but I bought it to at least have something. It leaked all over my bag. It sounds strange - despite the loss of a good bag (and close call with my new IPod!) I was kind of glad about that as I didn't like the smell of the Avoplex - it was nice at first smell but got kind of sickening after a while & also clashed with my perfume.

I got a new bag, finally got the Oil from ebay & now keep a 68ml bottle at home, a little bottle in my work draw & tin of Solar Balm in my new bag.

So, to cut a long story short - I would have been buying this for years had I been told from the start!

So, to cut a long story short - I would have been buying this for years had I been told from the start!

This is a lesson that many could learn from. Retailing is such an important aspect in any business, it means you can incrase profits without having to increase your client base. We cannot expect all clients to purchase the aftercare products ... but if don´t advise them and don´t offer it for sell then of course we never will. we get so many clients from other salons, or tourists that have their "holiday" maintenance, and I am astounded at how many have not been advised about the benefits of oil ... and solar oil has so many additional uses that they buy into it and buy the product :green:

To be honest I don´t find retailing it difficult ... I just tell them at the end when I go through the aftercare advise that they NEED to buy a bottle at 8 euros. I have about a 75% success rate, and those that don´t tend to already have a bottle at home (or so they say).

What I have trouble is getting to clients to constantly use it. we all start with good intentions, but they nearly always go by the wayside!

Just resurrecting an old thread that I forgot about!

Sassy Hassy, I totally agree!

Another good point to add is that as everyone knows lifting can sometimes be inevitible but I noticed that the Cuticle Oil will keep it to a minimum, BUT if you happen to get any lifting, the Oil will make it look respectable - eg less hand hiding - until you attend your infill appointment!

Ive never had any problem selling solar oil on ,I always say to clients , I strongly recommend it

and tell them the benefits, it might be an idea to say if they dont use it ...they will get lifting,

to you lifting means extra filing ,extra filing means more of your time , in which case you will

have to charge extra on their rebalances!:wink2:

Latest posts

Back