cut somebody's finger yesterday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
Hi,had a horrible day at work yesterday,you know one of those days when you slosh the pedi spa water all over yourself,when you trip over the bin God knows how many times,when you heat your heated pillow up in the microwave and end up cooking it,Oh the list goes on.

Well,yesterday I was doing a mani and my lady wanted her nails cutting.Easy task eh!!!Not for me it wasn't.I cut her with the nail clippers.:eek:

OMG I was mortified.Said sorry about a million times.I never even did that when I was training.

Client was fine about it,it didn't bleed but it looked quite deep.I cant believe I did it.I blamed the clippers but hey!!!a bad workman always blames his tools.

Any of you done this?Bet everyone will say NO:cry:.I dont know how I did it.

Not done it with the clippers as I don't use them that often ... but sure I've cut clients with files when they are new and forgotten to be more cautious. Doesn't happen often thank goodness but when it does I am mortified. We all have off days Babs ... we're only human :hug: :hug:

Not done it with the clippers as I don't use them that often ... but sure I've cut clients with files when they are new and forgotten to be more cautious. Doesn't happen often thank goodness but when it does I am mortified. We all have off days Babs ... we're only human :hug: :hug:
Thanks Sass,felt so terrible.:hug:

Done it with new files and also when at college using the cuticle nippers - hardly used then again since - scared me that much!

Hi Babs

Don't feel bad about this, we are all human and have our "off days". I've had off days when I'm tired or have to open very early for clients that request very early appointments. I am sure that you client understood that you did not mean to hurt/cut her.

Put it down to experience and just be more careful in future.

Hope you have a better day.

Eva

Thankyou for your nice replies,client was okay with me but it was just how I felt inside.Felt like flinging nail clippers in the bin(wasn't their fault I know,but mine)

:eek:

Don't worry it will just make you more careful next time those things are bloomin sharp fortunately ive only ever cut myself with them.The worse thing i did was pursuaded my friend to have a thermal face lift mask thing and put oil underneath when it said to use a thick layer of cream i remember saying oh that will be alright.It sets just like plaster of paris and we could not get it off it actually took about 15 minutes of wiggling and prising i was so thankful it was on someone i knew.

Don't worry it will just make you more careful next time those things are bloomin sharp fortunately ive only ever cut myself with them.The worse thing i did was pursuaded my friend to have a thermal face lift mask thing and put oil underneath when it said to use a thick layer of cream i remember saying oh that will be alright.It sets just like plaster of paris and we could not get it off it actually took about 15 minutes of wiggling and prising i was so thankful it was on someone i knew.
Yes,makes you thankful that either somebody you knew or a regular.I know if it had been a new client I would never have seen them again.:eek: Thanks for being so honest hun.xx:hug:

I never did that while doing nails but when my son way a baby I was always scared to cut his nails and my husband would do it. Well one time I worked up the nerve and trimed his nails the last nail I cut him! OMG I cried for what seemed like forever because I had hurt my infant. He didn't cry at all but from then on I left that strictly to my husband.

I've done it too Babs. Felt the same as you, and client didnt even notice I did it til I pointed it out to her.

When the first things goes wrong say 'what the h*ll'. Dont let it all get to you, as it all piles up:lol:

Hope you had a much better day today. XX

I've done it with a new file - felt so bad! but appolgised and thats all you can do (shes still a client so cant have been THAt bad:green: just makes you feel terrible at the time:cry: )

Dont beat yourself up babes.

amb x

Yeah i've only done with this with a file to date (5 in total :smack: ) never really had to use clippers thank god i'd probably cut their toe off on a bad day,:eek:

Hi,had a horrible day at work yesterday,you know one of those days when you slosh the pedi spa water all over yourself,when you trip over the bin God knows how many times,when you heat your heated pillow up in the microwave and end up cooking it,Oh the list goes on.

Are you pre-menstrual by any chance :lol: I just notice that a couple of days before the event every month I am tripping, slipping, dropping, bumping, spilling, you name it I do it. I am just so clumsy on those days.

Don't beat yourself up about it, the client must have realised that you were upset about it and that it was not a usual occurrence. We're all human and make mistakes sometimes.

Well , the best thing is that the day is over and you made it through! Even facing one of the worst fears of a Nail Tech! Hope your day tomorrow is much better!

:cry: I can sympathize with ya BABS, as I did this just this past thursday morn. First client of the day was a toes only client that I've had forever and the hyponychium grew out with the toenail and I accidently nipped this with the nippers. Was damn near in tears and I couldn't appologize enough, but the client was fine, couldn't feel it and kept telling me not to worry. Applied some iodine and finished the job. :hug:

dont beat yourself up darling ive done my fair share of nicking people but with a file and i just wanted to die there and then but my clients are always fine about it
im sure your client still loves ya
Debbie x

Latest posts

Back