Cuticle Away lid has split

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine too! I just decanted it into a pump bottle instead.

Actually that's just reminded me of another pet hate of mine - pump bottles and the fact that you have to push the pump down to turn and lock the bottle, then you waste lots of product.

Argggghhhhhhhhhh!!
Sorry if im sounding a bit thick but im curious as to how you manage to apply cuticle away from a pump bottle?

Mine too! I blamed my 10 year old son for knocking it off! Maybe it wasn't him afterall!

Isn't it great what we blame ourselves for.... Yes 2 lids oozing cuticle away with me too.

Sorry if im sounding a bit thick but im curious as to how you manage to apply cuticle away from a pump bottle?

I just put a little on the back of my hand and spread it on to clients nails with cuticle pushie.

I just put a little on the back of my hand and spread it on to clients nails with cuticle pushie.
Careful with it on the back of your hand, if I remember rightly I saw a pic of someone's finger who'd been rubbing the cuticle away into the client's nails and her skin was all broken and split. Make sure you're washing off properly.

I'm gonna go on the hunt for the pic now.. or someone correct me if I'm wrong :o

Emily, god yeah I'd forgotten it's strong stuff. It's a habit I've got into after doing make up, everything ends up on the back of my hand! lol.

Will dollop a little out onto the back of a hands down pad in future.

Thanks lovely. :biggrin:

Emily, god yeah I'd forgotten it's strong stuff. It's a habit I've got into after doing make up, everything ends up on the back of my hand! lol.

:lol: No worries, just glad I wasn't making stuff up!! :o

Careful with it on the back of your hand, if I remember rightly I saw a pic of someone's finger who'd been rubbing the cuticle away into the client's nails and her skin was all broken and split. Make sure you're washing off properly.

I'm gonna go on the hunt for the pic now.. or someone correct me if I'm wrong :o
No your not wrong. CND Cuticle Away is a powerful cuticle remover and skin contact should be avoided. They teach this on all the CND classes. I've sat a few CND classes and the tutor stressed about this everytime! Cuticle Away dissolves the dead tissue of the nail plate, leaving it on skin will eventually start eating away the living tissue too, thats why we have to naturalise the product off with water afterwards.
Using it on the back of the hand so many X a day, everyday will cause problems for the technicians skin.

Jes im soo slow at typing, you lot type faster than me! :biggrin:

I haven't bought any for a long time as I got some in kits after buyi g a bottle but the lid did split on one of my bottles. I thought I'd been heavy handed closing the nozzle as it was the only explanation I could think of. Interesting it's happened to many of us though.

I've always wish it had a finer nozzle as I can have trouble dispensing a small enough amount sometimes. Hence why I thought it was just me being heavy handed when the lid split.

Latest posts

Back