Cuticle Away lid has split

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unas escarlata

Reaction score
My lid has split near the screw threads and CND don't have any spares. They suggested that I decant into a smaller container or dappen dish but it won't be obvious I am using the full system and I like everything properly labelled because of Health & safety/COSHH.

Can I ask if one of you lovely cnd geeks finishes a bottle you save me the lid, PM me and I'll send you a jiffy bag to send it to me?

Thanks

This happened to me with my very first bottle, it was because i was screwing it open the wrong way :) I still used it has it was. I just decanted a small amount into a glass dappen dish, just enough for the treatment and used a cotton bud stick to apply to the cuticles. This way clients can see you decanting from the bottle then.

I have a new and un opened one in my drawer at work ready for one im almost running out of. Im persuming it will have a seal so you could have that one. I can just pop the old lid on my new one when im ready to use it. I will check tomorrow when im in work. xx

Funnily enough the lid has split on my bottle too. I found it strange as I was only using the twisty bit to allow the product out, I never wanted to open the bottle at the neck.

I just have just kept the lid closed enough that there is no gap in the threads and I keep my bottle wedged upright in my kit in the hope that nothing spils out in transport. I never thought to ring S2 and ask if they had a spare lid.

This has also happened to me, I took the lid off, mitre bonded it back together, 2 mins drying time and hey prestp, good as new!

Mine has split too! Just thought it was me being clumsy !!!

me too, how strange! x

You could buy a new one wrap that up as a spare then when the new one runs out or it in? x

You could buy a new one wrap that up as a spare then when the new one runs out or it in? x

I would, but having only just had a delivery of over £300 my purse won't stretch that far!!

I have a new and un opened one in my drawer at work ready for one im almost running out of. Im persuming it will have a seal so you could have that one. I can just pop the old lid on my new one when im ready to use it. I will check tomorrow when im in work. xx
Thanks for that....

I haven't overscrewed it as it's only been opened once to pierce the foil inner seal. Might have to get some nail glue on it when I find where my husband has put it - he couldn't find the superglue so "borrowed" my nail glue!! Grrrrrrrr

This is what I had to do... THEN the cap broke on the new one.. so I ended up with 1 full bottle & 1 nearly full and no lids for either! :rolleyes:

I have one that will be empty in a week or so - all yours if you want it OP xx

my first one split two, i just use it at home now x

I have one that will be empty in a week or so - all yours if you want it OP xx
brilliant, thanks, PM me your address so I can send you a jiffy bag xx

Mine too! :eek: was sure I was a bit heavy handed

Karaxxx

Seems a common problem! Maybe a re-make of the bottle is needed?!

I've had two split as well xx:eek:

What are you all doing with your lids!!

Ive never had a problem! :)

Mine too! I just decanted it into a pump bottle instead.

Actually that's just reminded me of another pet hate of mine - pump bottles and the fact that you have to push the pump down to turn and lock the bottle, then you waste lots of product.

Argggghhhhhhhhhh!!

i was too embarassed to ask when mine did it lol XX

The same happened to me, I have poured it into and old contact lens solution bottle. I made sure I cleaned the bottle out well so there was no contamination.
Hopefully the problem will get picked up and a new design will be made.

x

Latest posts

Back