Cuticle headache !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JANEY K

Reaction score
i have a phobia about nipping and cutting cuticles>>correction sorry it is the eponychium which i always deal with caution ...i would rather roll them back than nip them(just delicate fragile little things thats all).but i need a little help with a constant problem that one of my friends (also a client)whose cuticles grow too far over the nailplate and up the sides of her nails and are quite.. no other way to describe this except "firmly stuck tight " ive tried all ways to minimise her discomfort and lessen them from soaking in oil & nipping gently a bit after each soak(with some worried expression from her) to warm oil wrappings around her fingers & solar oil ..the solar oil does work for her for a while for softening them then dry out two weeks later ...hence back to square one..she always has her hands in water often but wears gloves and if she gets as much as a small rip on her cuticles it's sore for days..im always looking to you guys for help and some i give out myself she has been on at me that she really wants pink & white acrylic sculptured nails (even tho i'm still re-training)and is becoming impatient that shes giving me a headache... im just bit worried about applying P&W because of her cuticle probs and how long the nails are gonna last ect..ect.....im stumped and at a lost..any ideas >????:rolleyes:

Last edited:
What you are calling the cuticle is actually the eponychium. Cuticle is the dead tissue on the nail plate. Are you using cuticle remover ?

yes i am adele everytime im using salon systems hand cuticle remover cream and had a bash with be natural cuticle eliminator and yes it is the eponychium sorry not cuticle (doh at me) but just as bad next time she comes especially up sides her left hand is the worst one but right isnt too bad and a few are quite thick

Last edited:
yes i am adele everytime im using salon systems hand cuticle remover cream and had a bash with be natural cuticle eliminator and yes it is the eponychium sorry not cuticle (doh at me) but just as bad next time she comes especially up sides her left hand is the worst one but right isnt too bad and a few are quite thick

With this sort of client I retail CND cuticle eraser and solar oil. If they persist it really does work HTH

Last edited:
thanks very much adele for info i'll give creative erasure a bash and keep using the solar oil and hope for improvement ....as regards her p&w entensions i'll wait till problem lessens a bit before her p&w . thanks again xxx

Last edited:
thanks very much adele for info i'll give creative erasure a bash and keep using the solar oil and hope for improvement ....as regards her p&w entensions i'll wait till problem lessens a bit before her p&w . thanks again xxx

It isn't just you using Solar Oil and Cuticle Eraser ... SHE must use it, and every day as well, not once a fortnight.

With every day use, the eponychuim will shrink back and become less noticeable.

You should never force the Eponychium to go further back than it will do naturally with ease. There is no reason at all why she cannot wear enhancements right now, even if she does have attached eponychiums..

Heya I used salonsystems for college when I did mani and pedi with out being nasty there no where near as good as the solar oil and cuticle remover from creative. I found that the salonsystems didnt actualy remove the cuticle properly and creative things do!!XX

My daughter is a student nurse, so you can imagine how many times she washes her hands and cleans them with gel. Last time I saw her I was horrified at the state of her hands and we hit upon the following way of improving them.
While she is in the shower or bath she uses the ball of her thumb to gently push back the now softened Eponychium. Then immediately after the shower or bath she uses cuticle erase and then massages her solar oil in. She goes through the same routine for her toes as well and what a difference its made to her.

Quick question, How do you use the Cuticle Eraser? Do you just massage it on and leave it on, or do you remove it like you would a cuticle remover?

thanks ladies for all the help in this ...susie i know how ur daughter feels i was a nurse myself and my hands were so awful after 11 yrs they looked old.. it was the nail tech that i go to sorted me out before i got extensions....geeg she says she is using a hand cream im going to say EEK :eek:because it isn't what i call a handcream i would use or reccommened but not wanting to say the name for legal reasons i give her nails a good soak first to soften before applying cuticle remover and leave it on for a good 5 minsbefore rolling them back with a cotton stick then do her cuticle work ,the oil at the end of treatment. ive advised her on the useage of cuticle oils and purchasing solar oil which im happy to purchase for her goodness knows how many times ..it kind of doesn't seem to sink in..but what more can i say i haven't said already ..she is a cleaner ..i know worst possible job ...as regards nail enhancements im just going to let her have them ,advise her again about oil and let her get on with it ...i just didn't want to waste 2 1\2 hours of my time doing her nails for her to ruin them and have her moaning about her cuticles being sore or growing worse but it seems she has a continuous prob with them especially the bits that grow from the sidewalls its just i haven't came across eponychuims like that before... my other clients have never had any problems with my professionalism or treatments and want to keep it that way.
i will definately give CND erasure a go and continue using solar oil ...i use it on my own nails and i do agree it is a very good product.
thanks again ladies for your expertise and help much appreciated xxx

jane xx
VTCT L2 BEAUTY THERAPIST
VTCT L3 HOLISTIC THERAPIST
VTCT IHBC L2 NAIL ARTIST/TECH
STUDEX CERT EAR PIERCING
VTCT L3 DIP HEALTH,SAFETY,SECURITY & EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS

" if you don't use it..you'll lose it "

Last edited:
Hand cream?? Didnt mean cuticle ereaser was a hand cream you take it off after 10 mins im confused???xxxx

sarah hun i know all that lol i was simply referring to my friend using a handcream ..not me ..i'm going to try the cuticle erasure from CND as recommended by all of you.

Latest posts

Back