Daughter's messy bedroom pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha dont bank on it!

Sounds lovely, shame shes gone and blown it huh! lol

Yep! The bedroom calls me when the door is shut but I've learnt to ignore it now!
Rung the bus company and they have her purse, money, keys and all! Hooray! She's still grounded though!

Teri x:hug:

Yep! The bedroom calls me when the door is shut but I've learnt to ignore it now!
Rung the bus company and they have her purse, money, keys and all! Hooray! She's still grounded though!

Lol bad mommy...no seriously im with you, i believe in firm punishment and grounding mine hurt them more than any slap on the hand or bottom!

My 18-year old daughter's bedroom is worse! I also have tried everything...positive reinforcement then negative. We placed her in the smallest room in the house at first, then when my son moved out she promised that if she could have his room she'd keep it clean. We spent a whole weekend (and lots of money) painting and redecorating. Two weeks later it was back to crap. Her favorite Aunty who is in her 30's is the same exact way...I swear it's hereditary! When you visit her house, you have to step over dirty bras and panties to go to the bathroom. don't even get me going on what that looks like....Ewwww!! I hope there is a chance my Shana won't be like that when she moves out or I will never visit!!

I have a 16 yr old daughter, well she'll be 16 in 2 weeks and her rooms the same. I used to get stressed out, but now I have learn't to just let her live in it...it's her mess and it's easier to close the door than have stressful rows. I can sometimes see the carpet. But I'm thinking now,if the carpet isn't showing then the make up can mark it! lol. Beautiful children tho,,,,even the messy one! lol

Teri your girls are beautiful!

my daughter is very tidy just like me but then again she is only 6 so maybe it will all change when she becomes a teen

i had a friend who always keep her room really messy, one day we went to her house after school and were shocked to find that her mum had put bleach on all her most favourites clothes and emptied the contents of the kitchen bin all over her bed. it was just disgusting and the room stank for ages!

i thought it was hilarious but it done the trick, her room has been spotless ever since

well i think her room is disgustingly messy and i would like to say if i were her mum i wouldn't even let it get into that state my eldest daughter is 12 and she tidies her room every day when she comes home from school even my 10 year old i even go in to check if its tidy and 9 times out of 10 it is i go in every morning to make their beds and open their blinds.

they have even come home to night and changed the furniture around beat that lol

After falling out with my eldest yesterday re; loosing her phone and then dropping her mobile in the bath:smack: I finally showed her the pics today!

I said to her what do you think of this? The realisation on her face when she finally recognised the tip that she was looking at was actually her room.

SHE IS HORRIFIED THAT I HAVE POSTED IT AND THE AMOUNT OF VIEWS IT HAS HAD:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Also, I pointed out that people know who the minger is that I am talking about as her pics is on here too.

She is grounded at the moment and she is on a warning Tidy it up or I'll chuck it all.

Love the bit about emptying the dustbin on her bed too, might try that if needs must.

Hopefully she will tidy it, I can then decorate as promised and I will post updated pics of a wonderfully, clean, tidy and fresh room.:rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone, I've thoroughly enjoyed this!

Good luck with this one. I hope it works for you.
The main thing that my kids found helpful was sorting out lots of cool storage ideas. When you're decorating, try looking at places like Habitat and The Cotswold Company for little storage things. A great cd holder is below.

Grid CD Rack - The Cotswold Co Living Room - Shelves/Bookcases UK

Good luck with this one. I hope it works for you.
The main thing that my kids found helpful was sorting out lots of cool storage ideas. When you're decorating, try looking at places like Habitat and The Cotswold Company for little storage things. A great cd holder is below.

Grid CD Rack - The Cotswold Co Living Room - Shelves/Bookcases UK

Ah! Thanks for that, she has got tonnes and tonnes of CDs', that will come in really useful and will match what I have planned for the room!

Thanks again!

OMG,i have 2 teenage boys that share a bedroom. i would kill them if there room looked liked that.
i moaned 2day cos there was apair of socks on the floor.
but my sister has 2 teenage daughters she spent an absolute furtune on there bedrooms and they look like theyve been partied in every night. but she just shuts the door and lets them get on with.
good luck x

My bedroom looked like that when I lived at home.

I then become a tidy obessive and drive my husband mad.

She may change one day.

I did notice that the I Pod was well clear of the mess on the shelf.

We decorated it recently and it looks lovely now, shame we got to leave the house!!

Theres a pic on another thread of mine which I posted recently, can't remember what I called it though!

I don't know if the room has been cleaned by now, as I haven't read through the 5 pges of this thread LOL

BUT

what my mom did once or twice (and that's ALL it took) was invite my Aunt Joyce over.
She was a clean freak (a single dirty glass in the sink meant the whole house was filthy :rolleyes:)

She walked into our room with a garbage bag.
Anything that wasn't where it should be, got tossed in.
We didn't see it for 2mths. NO MATTER what it was, which at the time, included my geography project due the next day:eek:

The next time she showed up, we ran into our rooms and cleaned up, and she never had to walk in with a garbage bag again.
:lol:

Sorry not read all the replies but if that was my daughters room i'd be WELL huffed off ..totally totally unacceptable imho!

My hubby tells my daughter ANY MESS in your bedroom - ANYTHING not in its place, anything on the FLOOR..... and it goes in the bin!

It works for us ! oh by the way my daughter is 5 :eek: she's totally understands though!

amb x

It's tidier than my room. Actually, it's tidier than my flat! :smack: Now where did I last see the hoover................. ?

Latest posts

Back