dead nervous

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanna118

Reaction score
I've got an interview/assesment on monday at a nail bar, and I'm so nervous got a few mobile clients and love my nails but the thought of someone stood over me really scares me.

Do I take my own products as they are the ones i'm used to or do you think this will be frowned upon?

Also do you think she will stand there for the whole time or just before after type thing what is she going to be looking for most? might seem silly question but freaking out here!!!!!

Well good luck with all, I wish you all the best, I am sure you will be fine.

Take your own stuff with you just in case, and then at least you are prepared whatever they want you to do.
I can't imagine many understanding employers would stand over you and watch, as it would put most people off, but as it is for a job interview if this is what they want to do it is their prerogative you may just have to put up with it.

Take your time, remember YOU CAN DO IT, and I am sure you will be fine. When it gets tough don't panic and think of us geeks and I am sure everything will turn out ok for you!!:hug:

wondernail said:
Well good luck with all, I wish you all the best, I am sure you will be fine.

Take your own stuff with you just in case, and then at least you are prepared whatever they want you to do.
I can't imagine many understanding employers would stand over you and watch, as it would put most people off, but as it is for a job interview if this is what they want to do it is their prerogative you may just have to put up with it.

Take your time, remember YOU CAN DO IT, and I am sure you will be fine. When it gets tough don't panic and think of us geeks and I am sure everything will turn out ok for you!!:hug:
WELL YOU NEVER KNOW, YOU MAY HAVE TO DO A SET ON HER, DONT WORRY JUST DO THE BEST YOU CAN, YOU WILL BE FINE.

joanna118 said:
I've got an interview/assesment on monday at a nail bar, and I'm so nervous got a few mobile clients and love my nails but the thought of someone stood over me really scares me.

Do I take my own products as they are the ones i'm used to or do you think this will be frowned upon?

Also do you think she will stand there for the whole time or just before after type thing what is she going to be looking for most? might seem silly question but freaking out here!!!!!

lol! Well firstly CONGRATULATIONS for getting the interview!
Dont worry about someone standing over you, they will only want to see a bit of what you can do, and as you have clients you probably get watched all the time anyway!
Take a little kit of your stuff with you, but they will most likely want you to use theirs.
So breathe... I bet you'll knock 'em dead!
Good Luck! xxx

Going for an interview I would expect to be asked the following -

manicure - 1 hand
acrylic and/or silk wrap - 1 hand
Red polish - 1 hand
French polish - 1 hand

I would take my own products that I'm familiar with. There's nothing worse than being handed a HUGE brush when you're used to working with something smaller or a bottle of gloopy red polish when you're used to working with a nice fluid polish!

Good luck - I hope it goes well for you!

Kx

flower pot - why the hell should you be scared of someone standing over you? ifyou are confident in your application, this shouldnt worry you, be yourself, do some kick ass nails, and show them what you made of

has the employer told you what you would be doing at the trade test? i think you should ring and ask!!!, you dont want to be lugging a boat load of stuff that yu dont need (and tell them that) cos i bloody would

im sure youll be fine and walk it........................go girl

we all have faith in ya pet

Thanks for your replies all I have been asked is to bring a model and my certificates we'll do it all on the day !

It's tomorrow anyway I have a little of everything in a carry case so hope it goes ok!

fingers crossed for me

Jo x

fingers crossed for you hun!! xxx

good luck jo, not that you will need it! don't be nervous, treat it like a client appointment and you will be fine! don't rush anything, and most importantly enjoy it.
Looking forward to hearing how well it went tomorrow!
:hug: :green:

Good luck.Trade tests are horrible I really feel for you,just try to pretend she's not watching and if you shake a bit, as I have, dont worry. She will understand.Most of us hate trade tests and she probably had to do one in the past so she will know how youre feeling.You will be fine.:hug:

jac extreme said:
WELL YOU NEVER KNOW, YOU MAY HAVE TO DO A SET ON HER, DONT WORRY JUST DO THE BEST YOU CAN, YOU WILL BE FINE.
That is what I had to do when I had my interview for a nail bar and the other techs stood and watched which I thought was a bit out of order seeing as it was an interveiw:irked:

jac extreme said:
Thats what I had to do, and she is a nightmare, bless her, it absolutly kills her to sit still for so long, but it gave us a chance to find out about each other and see if we would suit, remember thats a two way street, and even thow I thought they were the crapiest nails on the planet, she thought they were fine.
Good luck hun, I'm sure once you have your brush in hand you will feel much calmer and just get on with it.:lol:

this happened to me i went for a interview as soon as i walked in they said gemma needs a nail doing i struggled to get on the stool it was so high.Got the tip blended and overlay the boss stood there leearing at me while the girl kept pulling sarci faces.Anyway finished the nail and was pretty good was a bit wide the boss looked at it and said well you know how to use a buffer but i dont like the shape it looks like a paddle i said well i was a bit nervous oh well you have to get used to that.They where a really unfreindly pair didd'nt do anything to make me at ease and i would'nt work for pepole like that not that i got the job anyway.But best of luck cant be to many around like that.

joanna118 said:

I GOT THE JOB!!!

it was so scary she stood over me the whole time but loves my nails I start today! had to have a geek fix this morning as a bit nervous first day and all.

Good luck hun and enjoy.

joanna118 said:
I GOT THE JOB!!!

it was so scary she stood over me the whole time but loves my nails I start today! had to have a geek fix this morning as a bit nervous first day and all.

Wel done and good luck in your new job hun xx

Goof luck today :)

Latest posts

Back