Decided to sell my salon...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
Hi geeks and geekettes!

Well, as many of you know, ive had a really really busy past couple of years, what with opening my salon, and gaining my creative masters, and then going into teaching. Well things have been a little difficult the past few months, what with me working all the hours god sends, and it really has begun to affect my children. So ive come to a decision, and its not been an easy one to make i can tell you. I have decided to sell my share of my salon to my business partner, so that i can work just 2 days a week from home, and give my children a bit more of my time. They really have suffered, and i have to say that my priority over the past 2 years has been the salon and not them, which makes me feel really ashamed. :sad: :sad:
The conditions we agreed on, was that i sell my share to my business partner, and I take all of my client base ( well those who wish to come to a home salon), and any stock i need. I leave on the 14th July. I do feel really sad regarding the decision, but i have to be realistic, and i also wish to carry on teaching, and unfortunately i cannot do both without it affecting my kiddies any more than it has to. Life sucks sometimes, but you just have to do what you think is right, hence the desicion i have made. x

You have to do what's right for you and your family. I totally understand. Good Luck xxx

I tell you, i have shed more tears this week than i can remember, and i just feel like a weight has been lifted now that i have made the desicion. I have just taken my full time nail tech out for a drink to break the news to her. Its a sad occasion :sad:

WOW

oh bless you i can only imagine what a tough decision it was

Quality of life though hun has to come first, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised how many of your clients will follow YOU

You'll miss the hussle and bussle of the salon thats for sure but working from home also has huge benefits... spending more time with your family being one of them

i believe in fate hun and if this is the decision you have to make now, its for the right reason

kxx:Love:

GOOD FOR YOU!!...I know from experience what a tough decision you have made...I did this too and I have not regretted it for a minute. I now work 2 and a half days as an Educator...and my quality of life...and nails!!...has improved greatly.
Yes you will feel a bit sad....but you proved you could build up a successful business...now is the time to let that go and look forward to what the future will bring.....Exciting times ahead I am sure.

You have to do whats right for all your family, if this is the decision you have made then good luck and all the best. I love working from home as it fits in beautifully with my family and I never feel I put them 2nd. Its a win win situation in my book.

Good luck on your new regime. I am sure you will love it once you get used to it. :)

Some people i have told have asked me if im crazy, as im so busy and the salon is really thriving. However those clients i have mentioned it to so far have said they would travel 30 miles to still get their nails done by me, and they dont mind the fact that there may be occasions when the children will be in the house at the same time as their treatment, so that makes me feel better!

exactly !!! Win Win babe and no overheads !

welcome to our world ....enjoy .....:Love:

kx

pinkshell_nails said:
Some people i have told have asked me if im crazy, as im so busy and the salon is really thriving. However those clients i have mentioned it to so far have said they would travel 30 miles to still get their nails done by me, and they dont mind the fact that there may be occasions when the children will be in the house at the same time as their treatment, so that makes me feel better!

im sure youve done the right thing huni. well done xx:Love: xx

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

You'll have to give me your details so that if any enquiries pop up at work (which strangely enough one did today), I can send them your way (which I did!).

If you've got a bit more time on your hands, maybe we can have another IOW Geek Meet (with the kids of course) in the school holidays?:hug:

pinkshell_nails said:
Hi geeks and geekettes!

Well, as many of you know, ive had a really really busy past couple of years, what with opening my salon, and gaining my creative masters, and then going into teaching. Well things have been a little difficult the past few months, what with me working all the hours god sends, and it really has begun to affect my children. So ive come to a decision, and its not been an easy one to make i can tell you. I have decided to sell my share of my salon to my business partner, so that i can work just 2 days a week from home, and give my children a bit more of my time. They really have suffered, and i have to say that my priority over the past 2 years has been the salon and not them, which makes me feel really ashamed. :sad: :sad:
The conditions we agreed on, was that i sell my share to my business partner, and I take all of my client base ( well those who wish to come to a home salon), and any stock i need. I leave on the 14th July. I do feel really sad regarding the decision, but i have to be realistic, and i also wish to carry on teaching, and unfortunately i cannot do both without it affecting my kiddies any more than it has to. Life sucks sometimes, but you just have to do what you think is right, hence the desicion i have made. x

Oh, hun sorry to hear that, but you are right there, kids are main proirity. Just to mention that, 14th July is my hubby's birthday and French independent day. :D good luck with your future xx

Yvette said:
Wishing you all the luck in the world.

You'll have to give me your details so that if any enquiries pop up at work (which strangely enough one did today), I can send them your way (which I did!).

If you've got a bit more time on your hands, maybe we can have another IOW Geek Meet (with the kids of course) in the school holidays?:hug:

I was just thinking bout you yesterday when i was in newport, i'll pm you my new house addy and tel number when i move on 18th july, xx
Im def up for another iow geek meet, kids included!!!

wishing you and your family happiness, your children are only young once and they are treasured memories forever. xx

wishing you all the luck in the world babes - u made the right decision - just may take a while to sink in:hug:

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Michelle, i think you may have made the right decision by what you are saying. Your children are only kids once and these early years i think are so precious, they grow up so fast. and before you know it they are young adults. So yes i think you may have made the right decision if it is affecting your family.

Once a Nail Technician ALWAYS a nail technician, children are only young once.

Good luck in yur teaching and with your home salon, i'm sure you won't need it though,x

All the very best for the future - have no regrets...xx

good luck for the future hunni xxxx

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a time of things.. BUT I'm sure you'll be happier in the end because you'll have the best of both worlds:
- Career woman & own boss
- Stay at home mom able to dote on her kids and never miss a moment.

I'm sure it was very hard to reach these decisions and accept the changes that are coming - cause let's face it, changes are scarey sometimes,... even innocent looking ones - but you will do absolutely GREAT and you'll be so very glad that you've made these decisions.

I wish you all the best and please do keep us posted.

:Love: :Love: :Love:

I am sure you have done the right thing for you and your family hun,good luck in the future,see it as a new start not the end of something x x x x

Hi Michelle,

I don't have children but can understand your dilema. You are so passionate about nails and it is all-consuming. I appreciate how difficult it must have been to make the decision you have but your family are your priority and I am sure you won't regret putting them first. You are a great technician and I am sure you will be fully booked at your home salon.

You have made a very brave decision and I really admire you for that. Work-life balance is so important and I am sure you will enjoy doing nails all the more now. I bet it is a weight off your shoulders.:hug: :Love:

Latest posts

Back