Deep or Shallow Monomer Dish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovenails1

Reaction score
Hi.

After watching some of Carl's videos with his cute little doggy monomer dish, I've been wondering, is a shallow dish better than a deep dish.

I suffer alot with tiny air bubbles, and when I was dipping my brush into my EZ-Flow ceramic Monomer dish which is 5 1/2 centimetres deep I got thinking.

Is that why my brush gets air in it, because it touches the bottom of the dish sometimes and kind of puffs out?

Would a shallow dish prevent that because I would just be kind of patting it into the monomer and can see where the brush ends etc.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this? I really want to get rid of those pesky little bubbles. thanks.

I use the creative dog bowl...that works fine and is not deep at all.

I haven't seen that one, I'll have a look when I go to my Creative supplier's stand at the Expo on Saturday.

I suppose any type of bowl is good in glass etc, might keep my eyes peeled. :eek:

Thanks.

why on earth doesn't someone make an oval dish?????

C'mon then Carl, what about all that spare time you have...make us one.

"The Zoo Bowl", I'd buy it. x

C'mon then Carl, what about all that spare time you have...make us one.

"The Zoo Bowl", I'd buy it. x
hahaha, spare time, actually i'm pretty mental 24/7, but i guess you know that by now:)

Carl what is the benefit of an oval bowl please:)

Carl what is the benefit of an oval bowl please:)
brushes are long and narrow (like a dead body kinda) and an oval dish would allow the body of the brush to fit in it sensibly. The shape makes sense.

Put it this way, how come coffins aren't round?

yep that makes sense, never thought of it, thanks.

yep that makes sense, never thought of it, thanks.
that comment was spur of the moment, but it does kinda make sense :) gaaawd, i freak me out sometimes, must be the fumes:lol:

I haven't seen that one, I'll have a look when I go to my Creative supplier's stand at the Expo on Saturday.

I suppose any type of bowl is good in glass etc, might keep my eyes peeled. :eek:

Thanks.
Hi Jayne
I use the Creative Dog Bowl too. Its great, very steady never tips and I have really been glad i bought it, its so good.

Does the Creative bowl come with a lid?

No, well mine did not anyway!
xxxx

I use a stainless steel egg cup on a saucer complete with lid, it's as deep as I want it to be, depending how much monomer I put in it!

Didn't get on with the dog bowl, it was too small for me.

I use a small candy dish that has a lid.

Latest posts

Back