Derren Brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
Did anyone watch his program tongiht? How on earth does he do al that yet claims not to even pretend to be a physcic? How did he do the floating table? and what was the collapsing all about?!

I'm currently stuck on the Living channel with MH - but I have got Derren Brown on the Vbox - I cannot wait to watch it now :hug:

Did anyone watch his program tongiht? How on earth does he do al that yet claims not to even pretend to be a physcic? How did he do the floating table? and what was the collapsing all about?!

Its all researched!!!! He spends a very long time on making these programs. A lot of information these days can be found on the internet, its not impossible to get your details off credit card bookings!

The rest is basically the same methods fake phychics use by warm reading.

It does make intriguing watching though.

Did you watch the one he did last about the betting thing, where he made the woman bet on loads of horses using a 'system' and she won every race???

He did that by using thousands of other people to bet on different races until they lost then he dropped them. He then went on to film with 6 who got all the way through the system and did the final race. Where she won. Had another horse come in the program would have been on someone else!

Its similar to stage hypnosis where people play along too because they want to, as well as using subliminal messaging.

All very good and all very well staged!!!!!

Oh and to add to this, He carefully selects everyone he works with. I applied to go on the roulette one he did, and the questionaire was excessive to begin with. When I got through to the second round he did loads of tests that I would say were similar to suggestibility tests. I never got any further (I was young and was going to pretend the bullet was in a differnet chamber lol out him out of his misery lol) probably saw that coming didnt he lol!!!

The audience etc was probably all selected in a similar way perhaps.

Just thinking about the last bit too, does anyone watch the real hustle??? That shows you all the tricks of that on there. xxx

well i just booked tickets to go watch him live in manchester so looking forward to seeing it in front of my own eyes! x

I watched Derren Brown going out and about in town buying stuff with blank bits of paper - I couldn't believe how STUPID the staff in the shops were but it was his clever use or words as he handed the bits of paper over...he ended up bagging himself some really expensive items for nothing :eek:

Love the Real Hustle too...it just goes to show how easy scams can be pulled off to the unsuspecting public :irked:

Derren isn't just a hypnotist, he is one of the best Neuro Linguistic Programmers in the world, anyone can do it, when trained correctly, but Derren is the "freak", he can tune into almost anyone and bend your brain like putty.

He is a true "artist". He is a brilliant "cold reader".

Many have weak minds, he just knows how to take advantage of this.

He suggests, then assures, then convinces (it's an artform).

Sheesh, the ear candlers and hot stoners will be studying NLP next week, but you will never be as good as he is....... Derren is the god of NLP. He's also great eyecandy and possible boyfriend material (but I think he's on my team).

Check him out on youtube

A good example (with an explanation of how it's done)....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=befugtgikMg

Last edited:
Can't get it to play on here. Can you give us the name of the clip? Ta!

Can't get it to play on here. Can you give us the name of the clip? Ta!

Click on the top of the video frame where it says "Youtube"

It opens up YouTube and says "This video is not available in your country" :(

It opens up YouTube and says "This video is not available in your country" :(

Go to Youtube, then search for Derren Brown "Bicycle" another good one is Derren Brown "Colorblind",or Derren Brown NLP Swish Pattern, these 3 videos show how he uses a bit of hyponotism and NLP, he suggests, then reinforces (anchors) than pattern breaks to make you want (or see something) that you really don't want, or really don't see.

He is quite brilliant , he picks his targets very well and his subjects are very willing, when you try to "anchor" someone in real life, you have to be very careful, when you do it, some people can see this as an invasion of their personal space (many people don't like to be touched". But it's fun having a play.

Derren is my man:)

Last edited:
I watched this too and thought it was fascinating. I like the shows where he goes back and shows you how he put certain thoughts into your head the whole way through.

He is very clever, and I'd be interested to know what he is like to see live.

I think Derren is a genius! My favourite thing is when he says "I am not a psychic" and makes it very clear that what he is doing is in no way paranormal but some some muppet still says "you must be psychic", he always makes it very clear that he uses techniques available to us all if we had the dedication, but we don't because it would take a life time of practice. I think he'd know whether he was psychic or not!! When people say "it's impossible that psychic bob could have known this or that about me without contacting a spirit guide" Derren proves that no, actually it isn't.

He also explains in his books exactly how he achieves the amazing results in his shows:)

i loved him too !! me and my boyfriend couldnt believe how good he was ! we went straight on the net and cant believe hes coming to reading in may and have booked tickets !! we only got balcony seats though as its soo booked up ! but cant wait to see him . How on earth could he guess those peoples names and pets names etc ? also how the hell did he know that bloke had surf wax in his pocket ?!!!! wierd !!!!!!!!!! but great !

also jrobinson when r u seeing him in manchester ?

Amazing man but do you really see him as bf material...could you really be in a relationship with him!!!! All that mind-bending, mind-reading, psychological bendingness!! (cant think of me words at this hour!) I dont think i could cope with a bf like that! lol x

Ohhhh true Anna, you'd never know whether you really decided to do something or think about something in a certain way, or if you had been "programmed" to do it.

I just watched the show, the one thing I noticed is that his tick is getting worse but it sort of helps the act as it makes you feel like he is nodding and you should agree with him. I thought it was great, especially the lifting table that he said was "some kind of conjuring trick" so cleverly done but he did have contact with the table at all times even when he said "you have control" he was touching the top. I would love to know how, I have read that it is to do with fingertip strength. He really has the gift of the gab. I thought it was clever how he tested peoples impressionability with the pendulums then picked those people who made the pendulum swing the most to do the "moving table" as he knew they would be the ones to "push" while convincing themselves they weren't. I wouldn't be surprised if he had memorised everyones dates of birth and therefore star signs and been through their bins before the show he has such dedication but I'm sure there's a much simpler explanation. :eek:. I wanted the show to never end! :lol:

Last edited:
Love LoVe LOVE him!
People are so impressionable I would never get picked as I have an annoying thing where I can guess the ending of magic tricks - really takes the fun out :mad: My boyf thinks I'm a know it all or I'm slagging the contestants but really they are dim and he just WANTS to believe!

are you moving it?
no def not
ok so why is your arm moving?

I said I bet that guy with the shirt gets picked and he went all the way moving the table across the room!
same as roulette even I could hear the quiver in his voice and the young girl all blinged up - I cant give you an answer to if you'll head to america as I'm not a psychic but I will say you'll go and be very successful. Well a young girl who dresses like that will go and get a job in DKNY not mcdonalds so yeah she will be - we nearly had a row over this as!
Its very clever and highly skilled but no not a psychic phenomenon.

Its absolutely brill and I'm glad people have never changed over the years and are still gullable! I dont like the chessecloth thing from the victorain times and hope that doesnt make a comeback as its well scary!

It is an amazing show to watch.
My partner and I went to c him last year and my partner is abit of a cynic and even he was quite shocked at the things he does.
He IS pyschic in my opinion, I think he says hes not to make us all think that we can do what he does, but NO believe me we couldnt.
Hes a great entertainer and showman and his shows r definetly worth watching live!

Latest posts

Back