Designs by Verve print - where do you print yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Hi

After having your all of your work (flyers, bus.cards etc) designed by the very talented Carl, where do you have them printed?

I was going to upload bus. cards to Vista Print. Is this a good idea?

Has anyone used anywhere else that was good quality and affordable?
I've just tried my local Staples, but believe I can do a little bit better than that.

Look forward to your replies, and let me know what you had done.

Thanks.:)

Thanks Ruth and Lauri:hug:
My suspicions were correct about Vista Print then....
I will check both of these companies out now.

Hiya:green:

I recently had some brochures and business cards printed by Vistaprint and I have to say that I wasn't at all impressed with the quality. The brochures were very flimsy and although I ordered the glossy business cards, they aren't actually very glossy!!

Have now found a local printers so wil be using them next time. They are a lot cheaper than Vista aswell. HTH

Kim xx

I have just received leaflets from www.edinburghprint.com who are very reasonable, they will send out a sample pack too so you check the quality of paper. I am really please with their service, quality and the price, worth a look. :lol:

Thanks everyone, so far it wont be Vista Print then!

I have been using BestPrinting UK - Flyers print, Leaflet printing, Flyers printing, Colour Leaflets, Posters, A5 Leaflets ... they were recommended by a geek quite a while ago and I saved the link.

I have had leaflets and trifold pricelists made by them (designed by Carl) and have been very pleased. I found both their quality and price better than Vistaprint.

I think this is who I will go with, i've heard good reviews of them, and their prices are great. I'm also going to Carl for my designs. Winning combo methinks! x x

I now use a local compnay to me called GPPrint, I sent over my designs from carl at 10am this morning and was informed at 11 am that they have been printed and are ready to be collected.
Now that was speedy service and they are very resonably priced too.
check out their website
www.GPPrint.co.uk
Jen xx

As an independent trader in a small town I try & do my best to support other local independents wherever & whenever possible.

I'd rather my money stayed in our town & supported our economy so I use a local printers. I have used vista print in the past but you can spot their stuff a mile off - I'd rather pay a bit extra & have someting more 'unique'.

(im Carl btw. :))

Actually, if price is the MAIN concern then online printers are the way to go.

However- if price isnt the only concern then local printers are often ideal. You'll find they're more accountable and (should be) easier to deal with.

However, just because they're local doesnt mean they're any better than the online options- don't do anything unless you've seen some work- or have been recommended to them. Do a bit of research as theres plenty of over-priced or dodgy printers out there who count on the fact that its a bit of an inpenetrable business in terms of the mechanisms and jargon.

If you're serious about your marketing then a good relationshop with a decent printer and a decent designer (unless you can do it yourself) is paramount.

I am a big anti-VistaPrint person myself! I would use BestPrint and get their 250gsm Glossy Flyers 1,000 for £35? And the quality is excellent!!

Mat

Ive used Vista Print due to its price (and only just starting out) and had business cards done. The lady who did my course showed us hers and they were impressive. But when I got mine done, it wasnt as good quality and the choise in designs werent brilliant. It turned out she had got the premium ones, abit more than Id pay for them tbh...

I have used Vistaprint for a lot of printing and business cards and have always been very happy with the quality of card and printing.

I have also used Staples for printing which can't be done via Vistaprint and they have been great too and very competitive compared to local printing companies.:biggrin:

I am a big anti-VistaPrint person myself! I would use BestPrint and get their 250gsm Glossy Flyers 1,000 for £35? And the quality is excellent!!

Mat

Ooooh thanks for that Matt, didnt notice this one on Best Print!xx

Thanks everyone, for all of your responses!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back