DHA Free Tanning Solutions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes.... especially for those that are sensitive to DHA and cannot go above 6 or 8%, as far as i know if you apply a coat and then another say 24-48hrs later and then another 24-48 hours later that is one way of going darker by layering it like that.

so you can't spray a coat, wait for it to dry and then spray another?
i was thinking of my clients who only want a tan for a special occasion, just for one day....surely if you have to leave 24 hours between each spray then that would mean that they couldn't have a bath/shower for about 3 days!?!

Just a random question. For the people who are sensitive to DHA, why don't they try formulating a spray tan containing Lawsone (2-hydroxy-1,4-napthoquinone) which is the active ingredient in henna, which also stains the skin a brown/red colour, but via a different chemical process (Michael addition). Hopefully there's a chance that people who are sensitive to DHA won't be sensitive to lawsone...

so you can't spray a coat, wait for it to dry and then spray another?
i was thinking of my clients who only want a tan for a special occasion, just for one day....surely if you have to leave 24 hours between each spray then that would mean that they couldn't have a bath/shower for about 3 days!?!

No you have to wait for the colour to fully develop, then wash off the colour guide, then do another application, or you risk an overload. What solution are you using?

Just a random question. For the people who are sensitive to DHA, why don't they try formulating a spray tan containing Lawsone (2-hydroxy-1,4-napthoquinone) which is the active ingredient in henna, which also stains the skin a brown/red colour, but via a different chemical process (Michael addition). Hopefully there's a chance that people who are sensitive to DHA won't be sensitive to lawsone...

Now you see that is a great idea, I'll meet you at the lab, lay down on the slab and be your guinea pig

Now you see that is a great idea, I'll meet you at the lab, lay down on the slab and be your guinea pig

Wasn't that line from the Rocky Horror show? It sounds familiar!

Another name for lawsone is hennotannic acid - so it's even got the word "tan" in there lol...

I just need a lab now... I've got a lab coat in the loft somewhere from my uni days... of course it's got authentic chemical stains all over it from various university practicals lol...

No you have to wait for the colour to fully develop, then wash off the colour guide, then do another application, or you risk an overload. What solution are you using?

Hi Bronzewolf, I was referring to the application of the dha free bronzing solutions, I fully understand how regular spray tans work but would like to know more about the wash off dha free solutions......

xx :hug: xx

Hi Bronzewolf, I was referring to the application of the dha free bronzing solutions, I fully understand how regular spray tans work but would like to know more about the wash off dha free solutions......

xx :hug: xx

Yes if you layer them they get darker. So if your client after her first coat wanted to be darker then you go over again or you can use Bronzer Booster Drops (DHA Free).

If it was for a weekend then I'm afraid it gradually will wear off with sleeping and things (unless your up all night) and once you shower it will be bye bye tan.

Most people don't want it to last any longer than the one event though.

Kate x

There are products available for all scenarios...this one is clearly not a sunless spray tan solution and is basically a spray on cosmetic...bit like the good old spray on stockings without the silk.

There are clearly those that would use this and do so on a regular basis and its all about personal preference..if it works for you and isn't expensive then what a great product :hug:

For me these days its B&Q own brand chocolate brown satin smooth emulsion paint available in 1L and or 5L pot variants...looks good and durability is about 7 days and doesn't run even when sweating :eek::lol::hug:

Latest posts

Back