DHA Free Tanning Solutions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katykitten

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a DHA free spray tan solution?

I know Solspa have one and received a sample in the post, so am just waiting to try it out

The idea is you spray it on, the client can then go out in it straight away, there's no development time and then the whole tan washes off as soon as you get in the shower or the bath

Would be interested to hear of people's experiences with such solutions?

I will report back once I've tried it out myself

Haven't used them but I think Aviva have one also, I def saw one somewhere. Please do report back as I would be interested in how it goes. Claire x

Would love to know the chemistry behind them!

I know DHA and Erythulose work by reacting with proteins in the top layer of the skin (via the Maillard reaction) to give a brown colour.

Personally I find this pointless as a business venture.
No one would pay that much for someone to spray them in a solution that washes off as soon as you come into contact with water and living in England the rain is pretty prevalent! IMO-if I was a customer, if I only wanted a tan that washed off that quick I would rather do it myself and save my £15+ to pay someone to spray me and have it last 7-10 days.

Personally I find this pointless as a business venture.
No one would pay that much for someone to spray them in a solution that washes off as soon as you come into contact with water and living in England the rain is pretty prevalent! IMO-if I was a customer, if I only wanted a tan that washed off that quick I would rather do it myself and save my £15+ to pay someone to spray me and have it last 7-10 days.

Well it would make more sense if it were alcohol-based (similar to Temptu temporary tattoo inks, say) - and so would require at least some scrubbing with soap or a detergent to shift it, rather than just rain...

LOL-I didnt mean literally that a few droplets of rain would leave streaks all down your body, but still I dont think this is particularly a profitable idea-if it works then great-but thats just my opinion.

There is a company that have done this for a while but i can't remember the name of it at the moment!
As for using it on clients then yes i think it's pointless but i have recommended it on here before to use for practising.
It's a great idea for newbie spray tanners. You can spray someone to get some practice in and they can wash it off and you can spray them again. It's great if you only have one or two guinea pigs willing to help you!

That is a great idea Angelica, I can see that working brilliantly-as long as its not too costly.

That is a great idea Angelica, I can see that working brilliantly-as long as its not too costly.

Might also be a good product for young dancers etc, who want a dark tan for dance performances, but don't want to have such a dark tan for the rest of the time...

Might also be a good product for young dancers etc, who want a dark tan for dance performances, but don't want to have such a dark tan for the rest of the time...

Just seen on the Aviva website that is what there one was designed for and for bodybuilders, so you can have a dark tan for the event and then wash it off when you are done, would be interested to know if sweating would effect it as it would make it not so good for dancers that work up a sweat, lol.

Aviva Labs ~ On-Line Store - BRONZER Solutions

here is the info on it can't find a UK price tho.

Claire x

Just seen on the Aviva website that is what there one was designed for and for bodybuilders, so you can have a dark tan for the event and then wash it off when you are done, would be interested to know if sweating would effect it as it would make it not so good for dancers that work up a sweat, lol.

Aviva Labs ~ On-Line Store - BRONZER Solutions

here is the info on it can't find a UK price tho.

Claire x

Well, if it works for bodybuilders, then I'd expect it to be OK for dancers too, as I'd imagine that bodybuilders must sweat a fair bit when they're pumping iron and whatnot...

Aviva Labs have two colours Tango Tan & Stage Tan, both can be darkened with bronzer drops.

There excellent for nights out, models on photo shoots, TV work & competitions.

There are a few girls in the UK inc me :green: that do use a lot of it. It isnt pointless as there is a huge market for it.

Girls who have dance competitions but who cannot go to school on Monday with tan on.

What about people allergic to normal tan solutions but have a special event to go to.

Also models on last minute shoots that have to look tanned.

Theres loads of reasons to use it and yes its sweat and water resistant as proven on a recent TV show where it was hosed down.

Super products but as Ruth said some are bronzer onlys which will run as they are designed to be used as practice tans for trainees where Aviva Labs have a little more staying power that require soap and a mitt!

Kate x

Interesting names! Lol Lx

Yep, let's hope that "Tango Tan" is named after the dance, and not the fat orange man from the "You know when you've been Tangoed" advert :green:

Interesting names! Lol Lx

I know ~ what possessed them to call it Tango Tan lol! Its not orange honestly! Its a gorgeous brown colour. The reason for its name was because it was designed for dancers. Not the best selling point though lol!

Kate x

Ruth

I don't think there is anything chemically special about this. It comes in two colours and i believe is tan solution without the active ingredient, just a guide colour.

It's for a one night only tan, but not suitable for anyone who's doing a un in singing in the rain :)

Mike

I have a client who is allergic to normal spray tans yet would love to have one. Every few months she comes back to have another patch test in the hope that something has changed! :)

So I think this is a great idea and certainly shouldn't be poo poo'd as an idea. Just get your thinking caps on and you could have a sucess here.

I'd love to know how you get on with it.

It would be great if these DHA free solutions could stain your skin for a week, in my case my skin not like DHA, I always go a horrid colour (and other problems) I much prefer the colour guide of a few solutions i have tried and am always sad when it runs off down the plug with a shower

with the dha solutions can the colour be built up if you want a darker tan?

Latest posts

Back