DHA in tan coming into the country

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exquisitebeauty

Reaction score
just a quick question an a general wonder out there i was speaking to a few fellow spray tanners which we all use different spray tan brands, but have noticed in the last 2 yrs all our clients have mensioned that they arent going as dark as they used to be. And its aint lasting as long. an all the other tanners have said the same about there's and im just wondering whether the dha thats coming into the country is weakened or changed. just wondering if any1 else has noticed or thought this. your thoughts would be most welcomed. :confused:

That's weird. I know a few companies have sprung up who import DHA from China and places, but I'd be surprised if any of the main players have changed their DHA source. Maybe find out what kind of DHA it is (if it's eco-cert then it's not the cheap kind).

One of the brands I use people started saying it wasn't as dark and that was a 12% it was coming out more like a 10% I checked the amount I was spraying and it wasn't that but something definitely changed with it.

The same thing is happening to me I've had to use boost drops :( x

Me and my sister were only talkin about this earlier.... We definately don't tan like we used to and I know some may say u get used to the colour but it isn't that x

Same with St Tropez solution over the last 18 months, not as dark and that is the feedback from clients.

St Tropez deny they have changed the solution ... really? ... well something has changed!

Jacqui xx

i think maybe they've been told or somethings gone on i know st tropez changed there spray in the last 5 years wish they wouldn't fix something that aint broken i think no matter who your with last 2years dha has weakened why we will never know

Same with St Tropez solution over the last 18 months, not as dark and that is the feedback from clients.

St Tropez deny they have changed the solution ... really? ... well something has changed!

Jacqui xx

st tropez has as i still have original sealed solution and looked at the ingredients an half the parabens have been taken out an the aromagaurd put in since they put that in i think st tropez has gone down hill.

st tropez has as i still have original sealed solution and looked at the ingredients an half the parabens have been taken out an the aromagaurd put in since they put that in i think st tropez has gone down hill.

Agreed, since the Aromaguard was added the solution provides a paler finished colour.

Not sure why they feel the the need to deny this when questioned. We have a right to know, it also makes us look a bit sily when our clients ask US.

Grrrr.

Jacqui xx

I have heard this about st tropez also. A salon local to me use it and I have had so many new clients which have come from there moaning about the st tropez so good for me but bad for that salon!

A lot of tanning companies do have their solutions imported from China, America etc as previously mentioned.

We have all our products made right here in th UK and can honestly say hand on heart we have not had this complaint.

If anyone would like a FREE sample pack please contact us via our website or private message us.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Trinitia

NB we are back in the office from Tuesday 3rd Jan

Latest posts

Back