Difficultly using the Shellac remover wraps on myself!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNailHouse

Reaction score
Does anyone experience difficultly putting on the wraps to themselves??? Had to remove Shellac one hand at a time!! So annoying. :irked:

I forgot about that! I've just put Shellac on myself for the first time so that is going to be fun! :o

if you put them on correctly and nice and tight i find it a breeze! just really make sure you get them nice and tight :) x

I don't do well putting the wraps on myself...

No have trouble putting them on myself, helps o have someone around to help you! X

I do one hand at a time so that I can get a good grip on them and wrap them nice and tight.:)

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I don't waste them on myself, I use cotton wool pads, cut in half and silver foil ;) I cut out little square, works a treat :D

I agree with comment above.... cut your self 10 strips of foil instead of wraps, get help from someone to get them on tight and i find leaving them on for a little longer than 10 minutes makes it easier to remove without scraping at natural nail. :Grope:

For myself, I just do the old fashion soak in a shallow bowl of acetone method. Then I rehydrate real well.

IU taught my husband how to wrap me up real tight and have no problems .. I always use them on myself and don't consider it a waste .. I sit here and 'geek' while I'm removing Shellac .. can't do that in foils .. can't do anything in foils for that matter. :biggrin:

IU taught my husband how to wrap me up real tight and have no problems .. I always use them on myself and don't consider it a waste .. I sit here and 'geek' while I'm removing Shellac .. can't do that in foils .. can't do anything in foils for that matter. :biggrin:

I tried teaching my husband, Gigi, but he got more stuck on himself than anything else. :p

Does anyone experience difficultly putting on the wraps to themselves??? Had to remove Shellac one hand at a time!! So annoying. :irked:

I find this so hard to do as when you have put them on your first hand, then you go onto the next hand and they pop off the first so what I do is get the sellotape out and put the selotape round the end to keep them on. Dont do it too tight. I wouldnt do this on a client but just myself. Then I have to cut through the selotape when its ready to come off, one at a time and scrape it off. HTH. Ax

My hubby is for hire. He is great at wraps. However buyer collects 
Vicki xx

Husband works away a month at a time so have now taught my 8yr old how to wrap them nice and tight! Is the Magis foils not good for DIY?

I agree with comment above.... cut your self 10 strips of foil instead of wraps, get help from someone to get them on tight and i find leaving them on for a little longer than 10 minutes makes it easier to remove without scraping at natural nail. :Grope:

I don't find I need more than 10 minutes. In fact, I used to time 10 mins after I had finished wrapping, but common sense eventually kicked in and I started the clock when the first wrap went on. As long as I take that off first, then nails all get about 10 minutes.

I find foil easier than the wraps, Fold over the end and squeeze firmly and all air is then excluded. I find the slimmer 'fit' mean that I manage the computer well. When I have a few minutes extra, then I just do one hand at a time. It's easier to hold an orangewood stick with a bare hand than one with wrapped up (however wrapped up!) finger. It's done so quickly.

Latest posts

Back