Disappointed with natural finish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VillageNails

Reaction score
Happy New Year to you all.
Do mainly pink/whites still but recently did a natural finish and really disapponted that the tips seemed too transparent.
I used cnd natural performance tips and cnd perfect colour pink - but i really think the tips could have been slightly more opaque to look 'natural'.
do you all do a one colour overlay for a natural finish or make a custom blend free edge (eg geeg's secret mix)??
Thanks in advance for your advice

I did a very natural finish recently (and rebalanced them since) and used Gigi's mix but replaced the Flawless with Warm Opaque, the result was fab and I was really pleased with them, much better than any natural finish I've done using natural coloured tips.

I'm going to make up a batch of it because I shall definitely be using more of it :green:

Remember too that CND do a soft white powder as well as the 'natural' perfect powder.

I do find the natural powder gives a very pretty soft look but it is really natural.

Most clients prefer a slightly enhanced look in the colour at the free edge... the majority of natural nails really have a semi opaque 'greyish' look to them which does look cleaner and prettier when you use an enhanced coloured powder such as the soft white or 'my secret mix' :lol:

I dont use CND yet but I had a tech who does use the soft white on me and it looked like a very natural french! I was amazed how elegant the finish was!! x

Most clients prefer a slightly enhanced look in the colour at the free edge... the majority of natural nails really have a semi opaque 'greyish' look to them which does look cleaner and prettier when you use an enhanced coloured powder such as the soft white or 'my secret mix' :lol:

Your 'secret mix' is a FAB free edge color! I love it... :hug:

depends on the tips, depends on the powder color, depends if you buff the tips in, depends on thickness of acrylic

I do like the CND soft white powder, but when I do a one colour overlay I use perfect pink over CND natural tips and I love the look of them, they look very natural (in my opinion). Usually when I've done my own nails this way it's a wek before I want to paint them because I love the natural look of them. If you want a slightly more enhanced natural look (if you know what I mean), I dont think you can go wrong with the soft white for your free edge.

Im so pleased this thread has come up , I just recently brought some Natural coloured powder as I want to do do more sculpting from now on , and when I used it for the first time,the finished look didnt appear so natural looking as much as it normally would if I had used tips.

So help me out here please, if buy I Soft white , what colour would you finish the overlay off in for a natural look?

Im so pleased this thread has come up , I just recently brought some Natural coloured powder as I want to do do more sculpting from now on , and when I used it for the first time,the finished look didnt appear so natural looking as much as it normally would if I had used tips.

So help me out here please, if buy I Soft white , what colour would you finish the overlay off in for a natural look?

I love the soft white and use it most with natural powder for zones 2 & 3 but you could also use clear or pure pink. The most 'un-natural' looking part of an enhancement is the white, so by using the soft white the colour of the other zones aren't such an issue.

Btw, if you want another use for natural powder, I love to use it for nno mixed with a little subtle glitter. It gives a much more natural finish than mixing with clear or pink.

Cheers,
Hazel

I love the soft white and use it most with natural powder for zones 2 & 3 but you could also use clear or pure pink. The most 'un-natural' looking part of an enhancement is the white, so by using the soft white the colour of the other zones aren't such an issue.

Btw, if you want another use for natural powder, I love to use it for nno mixed with a little subtle glitter. It gives a much more natural finish than mixing with clear or pink.

Cheers,
Hazel

Ok thanks for that, I was begining to think I wouldnt be using it again.:hug:

Im going to order some Monday of the soft white, and hopefully I ll recieve it by Tuesday, as one of my clients is returning from Aus and she wants a new set of naturals so I ll be able to try it out.

I do seem to get a lot of clients that want the natural look so I want to get it spot on.:)

Latest posts

Back