Do we want more 'Nails only' days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we want more 'Nails only' days

• Never...its not what I come here for

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Love the occasional 'Nails only' day.

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • Once a month ...first Monday?

Votes: 34 23.9%
  • Once a week...every Monday?

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Every day should be 'Nails Only' day

Votes: 38 26.8%

• Total voters

Zingara

Reaction score
Hey geeks

Well 'Nails Only' day today seems to be thoroughly supported and approved of and there has been talk of it becoming a more regular thing.

Thought it would be interesting to see how many of us want it or not, and how regularly, if we do?

I've added a poll for your choices...

I would love for it to be every day so that was what I chose but in reality that will never happen but Monthly Monday would be great.

I too would love it to be every day for nails - if I want to chit-chat, I can pm.

I think we have this the wrong way round, ie I think it should be chit-chat we are in short supply of not good nail threads.

I would love for it to be every day so that was what I chose but in reality that will never happen but Monthly Monday would be great.

My sentiments exactly x

I didn't choose any of the options.

Everyday when I log on, I go first to Main, then to Nail Art, and lastly to Chit-chat. I go back and forth.
I chat about nails every day. Several times a day.
Then I get on MSN Messenger and discuss nails more with techie pals.
So to be told that on a specific day I 'should not' post in chit chat...rubs me the wrong way. Yes, it's only ONE day, but being told where and what I should post.....
I'm an adult, I do know the purpose of this site. It's the reason I'm here.
I do appreciate that on 'nails-only' days there 'seems' to be more posts than usual on the main.
Instead of saying 'nails only day' and deterring people from chit chat, encourage posting of nail-related threads by offering rewards for thread of the week or similar such as 'so many geekmolians' for best thread.
I love the new threads and new topics, but I honestly struggle to think up something sometimes.

Anyway, love nail only days, just dont like being told what to do LOL Kinda ornery like that :wink2:

Yes, it's only ONE day, but being told where and what I should post.....
I do appreciate that on 'nails-only' days there 'seems' to be more posts than usual on the main.
Anyway, love nail only days, just dont like being told what to do LOL Kinda ornery like that :wink2:
Nobody is telling anyone else what they should or shouldn't be posting... just don't expect to have many replies to threads that are anything other than Main on Nails Only Days.
We're all adults, we all know why we're here :wink2:

I think a nails only day once a month would be great. I think the chitchat side of things is good, it helps us get to know each other a bit better, and have a bit of a laugh....but today there has been some fab threads, so it would be great if we did it regularly.:)

i voted everyday!!!!!!!, this site has kept me on it nearly all day today, normally half hour on it of an evening and ive read everything and im bored, when you do post a nail related thread, it gets buried amongst other stuff, and you only get replies from the members who have been memebers a long time, and it would be nice to get replies to nail problems from newbies too, gives you a whole new perspective,on the industry

ps ( nothing wrong with the replies from the "oldies" i hasten to add lol!!!)

Once a month would be good!! Would miss chit chat if it was all the time!! Sometimes we need a break too!! :)

I didn't choose any of the options.

Everyday when I log on, I go first to Main, then to Nail Art, and lastly to Chit-chat. I go back and forth.
I chat about nails every day. Several times a day.
Then I get on MSN Messenger and discuss nails more with techie pals.
So to be told that on a specific day I 'should not' post in chit chat...rubs me the wrong way. Yes, it's only ONE day, but being told where and what I should post.....
Instead of saying 'nails only day' and deterring people from chit chat, encourage posting of nail-related threads by offering rewards for thread of the week or similar such as 'so many geekmolians' for best thread.
I love the new threads and new topics, but I honestly struggle to think up something sometimes.

Victoria,

I think you are being rather too negative. Nobody is telling you what to do - they are just suggesting. Surely it is a positive thing to encourage more nail-related threads rather than the usual inundation of chit-chat. Why ask for rewards for posting interesting threads - that is not an adults mentality. I too find it hard to think of interesting subjects for threads but I try that bit harder when it is nails only days. Adds to the fun.

Every Monday gets my vote I don't work all day monday so Nails, Nails and more Nails sounds good to me :)

When we started this site ... those of you who remember ... it was nails only day every day.

I voted every Monday, its been great to hit for new posts and see mostly nail topics. I've had a great day reading today :)

I voted for nails everyday, but I know that is not going to happen, why do people get so upset about nail only days, its totally beyond me:irked:

Well I don't work much on Mondays. I'm supposed to clean but hey I can always change that to Tuesdays! At the moment my room is full of nails books, mags etc so I've been trying to pass on useful info and learning other things at the same time, the house is a tip, the kids have made a den in the lounge with chairs and quilts.
Who cares? I've really enjoyed the site today.
Long may it continue. Great idea Jac:hug:

I think the site has been great today too... learning loads again.. it was like when I first joined the site.. so much to take in!

I voted for nails everyday, but I know that is not going to happen, why do people get so upset about nail only days, its totally beyond me:irked:

i agree jac!!! im stumped by it!!,
if you want to chat about other things , join that relevant website ,or go on msn lets have nails nails and more nails,
(can you see i like nails!!!)

Once a month sounds like a bigger blast to me! We should be talking nails everyday though...

I voted once a month - like Fiona IMHO we couldn't make it a nails only everyday - but I must say I have found these Mondays really really useful :green:

I put everyday!!!.....but once a week would also be good ....I can cruz this site forever .....I look at everything....the days I don't post ( rarely and far between ) I'm looking at pictures and reading journals...so it's reading and nails anyway....I love this site !!:hug:

Latest posts

Back