Do you contact no show clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Reaction score
Hi all I just wanted to know if you contact and how often you contact no show clients ?? I have just left s voice message but have an email address would you do both ??

Do you mean, contact them after they don't show or before, for chronic no shows?

I had a no show and I think she's now going discount but IF she ever comes back to me, I will send her a text msg. the day before any appts. she has with me. HTH!

As for afterwards, I would send an e-mail, as well. HTH! :)

I am currently waiting for a client who
1 ages ago missed her appointment for re gelish
2 missed her e/b wax last week
& now 3 is 30 mins late for e/b wax!!! Any appointments she now try to make I will be fully booked!!!

I make a note of it, and should they want another appoinment, im the one who pickes the time. I let them know they've wasted my time should they keep doing it and even on walk in basis, pick and choose. Three strikes and your out! Mind you i tend not to get many no shows, it always seems to be phantom bookings by other therapists. I dont charge for no shows, but i let other staff members know, who the time wasters are, and to let them know for future bookings, payment may be required in full.

I've just had someone who hasn't turned up so I rang and left a message. She just textd to say sorry I forgot. I does my head in because I have a baby I have to get someone to sit with her. So It's not just me who is sitting around for them.

I think that by ringing them and leaving a message they always have there phone with them so they should pretty much get back to you, gives them a chance if they have forgotten to rebook.

I don't get that many and the majority of the time it is because they have forgotten! So I just call and say you had an appointment with ne just check everything is ok. They then normally say o I forgot or I thought it was tomorrow etc. I do this because I've had people turn up a few hours late thinking.this was their appointment time. At least I know what's happening if I have called. :) hthxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

If it's a regular, long term client; yes. My regulars don't do that to me unless something has happened (they're caught on the stupid bridge in traffic, they're sick, someone passed on). It's not the usual for them and rare.

If it's a newbie, no. I simply leave them a message the next day. I don't want anyone developing a habit of expecting me to remind them.

Back in the day I used to call them and remind them... but then my life became busy. Some depended on it too much, and were annoyed if I didn't call them to remind them.
Frankly, I don't have time to be someone else's secretary, reminding them what's in their own agenda. That's why they get appointment cards.

I'm not chasing anyone.

I call them about 15 minutes after they were due to arrive ( to make sure it's not me being dim & putting the wrong appointment in my diary). 2nd time it happens I don't call. If they then try to book in with me again I tell them that they have failed to turn up and that I need full payment up front at time of booking (only really possible if you have a card machine).

You betcha they turn up then!

I work from home and had someone text me half an hour prior to their appointment saying thier laptop was playing up and they couldn't access my web page, what was my address again. Texted address back, got a reply of thanks, then no show??? Wtf?!? Not like they forgot. Sent text and rang no answer, have red crossed her as a client. Still no explanation 2 weeks later grrrr

I always ring clients if they are late/haven't turned up for an appointment saying they had a 'x' booked in with me at 'x' time please could they call me back. Normally it's because they've forgotten or thought it was next week or something so I give them a second chance, if they do it again however that's it. 100% deposit is required to book another appointment.

I once had a lady who came in for a 'trial' French pedicure before her daughters wedding, she booked the appointment for the day before the wedding and also a hair appointment for the day of the wedding. She didn't turn up so I rang her and left a message (I was worried as I didn't think she was a messer) but heard nothing from her. The next day I was fully booked, she came in for her hair appointment but the stylist forgot to ask why she didn't turn up or respond to my message. She clearly didn't care, she's now on my black list!
Rhiannon x

I'm mobile so I have to ring them up if they are not home- usual excuses: " I thought it was for 6:30 not 6pm" or "Stuck in the office going to be late" and "I will be there in 5 minutes - which is usually 20 minutes for some!

I will not ring them or text them before their appointment because when they make an appointment they should be aware of it. If I have a client afterwards I usually will shorten the late clients appointment time with me because they were late and I have other clients waiting for me.

I email everyone 48 hours before their appointments as a rule anyway, to remind them when and what time and what they've booked. It gives them 48 hours to either cancel, or to remind them so they don't have an excuse, so now I have very, VERY few no shows.

The software system that we use in the salon (Platinum) automatically sends SMS and email the day before to remind the customers of their appointments.

It has cut my no-shows down by 80% and we would not be without it.

I can use the features for marketing special offers and for filling quieter days too.

Before I had Platinum, I used to call the clients myself but that can be very time consuming and also expensive!

I am hopefully getting a link that I can send to clients to pay a deposit when they book their treatment. As I have a card machine it is OK when they phone but more difficult when they text or email. There will also be a time limit in which they can pay so I can offer on the appt to someone else if they are not interested.

After losing £100 here £50 there, I have clamped down on this. As a mum if my son misses after school clubs, swimming lessons etc I cannot get my money back and I pay full whack - not just a deposit, so why not beauty treatments?

its rare now for me to get no shows.

If its a regular I always call to check they are ok to be honest.

Newbies I never call just note the name and contact tel no and if they call again I say 100% non refundable treatment depositwill secure their booking.

I text clients the day before their appointments to remind them if they've booked more than a week in advance. For now I can do this as I don't have masses of clients.

My last client commented that she liked that because it made it certain that it was going to happen. (like I wouldn't turn up haha clients do make me laugh).

As for no shows I have had 1 and I messages her and she didn't even reply. Thought that was plain rude and since I'd allowed her to come to my house I instantly decided that unless they were friends of mine or my parents they were no longer coming to mine. x

I am using my software (Unisalons 2012) to sent out SMS or email reminders.
I can sellect the period that i want , for example next day,the day after ,next week. I can also select specific clients that i need to sent reminders.

Cheers:Grope:

I ring them after 15 mins.. To make sure they don't turn up later. If they've forgotten or have a lowsy excuse I don't reward them with a priority appointment.. I make THEM wait.. It's a good deterant.. And puts them off nit showing up again! If they try somewhere else.. Let it be the next hairdressers problem. Coz lets be honest...it's always the same clients that don't show! I wonder if they'd like me taking £50 outta their wages for nothing at the end of the week!? ;)

I had a client cancel her app!! All because we rang to remind her about it.
Because she is notorious for being late and forgetting
We never have charged her for it
And that is how we got thanked for ringing her
Some people you just can't please

A text the day before usually reduces your no-shows by 80% apparently.. easy enough to do when it's only a few of you, once you get over 2 or 3 of you I'd get a piece of software in to do it... think about it, if you add up the money that you're losing on no-shows it makes the cost of software a no-brainer.:cool:

Latest posts

Back