do you do your own nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
Just curious...who actually does THEIR OWN nails themselves? i am still going to get my nail tech to do mine for me, i just know i wont be able to do my right hand..lol

90% of the time, I do my own. Considering so many people say "who does your nails?" I don't want to have to say "joe blow down the street does"... that would just be silly. I recently left my job as a Nail Tech instructor, and once in awhile I'll get one of my past students to do them... just as a treat to myself :)

Several of my clients are nail techs, Master techs or educators

- and no I don't do mine, nor does anyone else lol ...

Envy said:

.......CHEEKY.........
yes I do my own it's good promotion, everytime i pay for something in a shop I get asked who does my nails. Most of the time people are just admirering & don't want their own but sometimes they do.
Every set of nails you do is an advertisment. You don't want to advertise someone else.

my clients are shocked when they see me with nails occasionaly,they ask how i can get both hands done.the first full set i put on anyone was myself.sometimes i can airbrush them with different shades of colours.

florentina Alexander
Nails At Last
[email protected]
:green:

I don't think I could actually bring myself to pay to have someone else do my nails so I always do them myself (when I have time!). It's great practice.

Envy said:

I have to disagree Envy ... I have done my own since I was 3 months post Foundation trained. They were not good to start with but have got better as the months have progressed. There is something very satisfying about getting them looking good, especially my right hand, I have learned through plenty of practice to be able to apply to this hand almost as good as the left hand. A fellow geek did them for me once and I felt really embarrassed when I was asked who did my nails, (they were fabaroony ruby slippers tho!) and its gives me a buzz now when I am asked and I say 'I do'!

Set aside a good couple of hours and give it a go :) I used to do one hand one evening and then one hand the next as it was 2 hours per hand way back then lol!!!

Just a note for those that don't know Envy is a male, so doesn't wear enhancements. I think that's what he means by nor does anyone else. lol

Always do my own, unless on a training course

grafxgal said:
Just a note for those that don't know Envy is a male, so doesn't wear enhancements. I think that's what he means by nor does anyone else. lol

Ah well that would account for it then lol! Just to be pedantic though ... some male technicians wear enhancements don't they? ;)

to be honest I would know I have only met 2 male techs, and 1 did and 1 doesn't.:)

I have been doing my own nails for about 3 yrs now and I feel its good practice for me so when I do my foundation course Ill have a little experience. With practice doing your non dominant hand becomes easier.

:green: yes do my own as i personally i get bored with a french i love to experinmnet i like my nails to out ragous and i do get complainments :) on them but no one wants them done:cry:

I do my own but never get the right hand looking as good as the left. I also like to have something quite different, I love the french look but could'nt have it all the time. I quite often have each nail completely different and it attracts quite a lot of attention, people seem to notice them more. I have gained a few clients, from them asking about my own nails, especially when I have glitter tips.

I do my own, when i eventually get the time but i'm so fussy i dont trust anyone else to do them for me, not even my sister who does nails too.

deb x

ive been doing my own for a few years now and i love doing it! roughly takes me an hour for refills :) ive only ever had them done by someone else once but it's nice to be able to do them myself.

I do mine, it's good for practise as i don't have many people to practise on.

I also have really thin nails that snap off as soon as they start to grow, so it's nice to keep them looking good, although I don't have any on at the moment, as I am waiting for some tips to come in the post.

Becky
x

Carmen said:
I don't think I could actually bring myself to pay to have someone else do my nails so I always do them myself (when I have time!). It's great practice.
Same here, and if I do a set that don't realy smile, then I paint them.:o
At the moment I have silver nails with black zebra stripes:D

No I don't do my own. I'm lucky to have a great male nail tech who works nearby and happens to be a super grand worldwide master educator (or something like that! lol) We all need to have a break sometimes and be pampered. Oh yeah and pick up some excellent tips along the way!

I have been doing my own nails since I was 16....

I feel that they are my best advertisement. Granted, they are never as nice as my clients (at least as far as my right hand goes, and my index on my left that I keep e-filing LOL) however, they usually understand and say 'wow, it must be such a challenge to do your own!" BUT my art is unique in my town and so they garner a LOT of attention. Everywhere I go, I'm asked about them. I have gotten MANY clients this way.
And as per a couple of phone calls the last couple of days.. looks like I'll be getting lots more.

Although I'm new to the business relatively speaking *only having officially opened my doors last january.... things are moving along quickly these days and Im making a name for myself in my town as an artist that cares for the natural nail health.

Anyway.. rambling here... yes, they are my best advertisment.

ALSO, if you can do your own nails, THEN you can do ANYONE'S especially where art or sculpting is concerned :green:

i do my own nails.( when i get chance to). have gone from new years eve till sat gone with out an infill. they were feeling a bit top heavy as i wear them so long, but feel great now. i keep them clear due to working nails all day they do get messy (i had red polish on over weekend and by tue they look arwfull) what with taking off clients polish, it fetches mine off too.
have to do nails again sat cause im off out sat nite wid 16 clients and theirs all look fab.

Latest posts

Back