Do you get electric shocks off your car door?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PMSL but why does it happen ?

mmmm blimey how would I know.:eek:

If I apply basic electrical theory...well I guess you are building a static charge as you wonder through your daily routine..maybe the shoes you wear aren't giving you an electrical connection to earth..

now when your lips meet (ah Bless) then you make a connection (in more ways than one)to ground through your old man....the zap is probably the charge as it transfers across from you to the old man..like a lightening bolt kind of thing.

Now that is just a guess..all be it a logicle thoght process I may be completly wrong and an absolute load of tosh...

Dont stop kissing though :hug:

Its to be hoped i dont burn his lips
or anything else :eek:
:lol::lol::lol:

I get shocks from everything.
I walked around the supermarket today and had one every minute my hand went near the coin thingio.
The girls at the tilll thought it was hilarious. I SO DIDN'T.
It REALLY hurt my little finger!!
It's my sandals fault I know.
I'm cr*p at walking in sandals etc so I must produce X amount of static.
But hell.....AM I HOT OR WHAT???
I can electrocute guys...............lmao:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ohh gosh yeah collin!! thats why i don't fancy being a fly in my next life lol

mmmm blimey how would I know.:eek:

If I apply basic electrical theory...well I guess you are building a static charge as you wonder through your daily routine..maybe the shoes you wear aren't giving you an electrical connection to earth..

now when your lips meet (ah Bless) then you make a connection (in more ways than one)to ground through your old man....the zap is probably the charge as it transfers across from you to the old man..like a lightening bolt kind of thing.

Now that is just a guess..all be it a logicle thoght process I may be completly wrong and an absolute load of tosh...

Dont stop kissing though :hug:

Sounds logical to me... if you're wearing a rubber soled shoe you can't discharge any static electricity you are building up, to earth. So if you touch something that can, this is probably where you will get your shocks from. I wear a pair of rubber soled open toe flip floppy type thing and I'm ALWAYS getting a belt off my car.. have taken to closing the door by pushing the window instead but now I have fingerprints all over my windows :lol:

I think the biggest culprit has got to be the kind of shoes you wear. If you are constantly getting shocks while doing the same thing, try on a different pair of shoes, not rubber soled ones. The runbber soles 'interact' with the carpets in the car, the shop floors, etc. If you change shoes and the shocks are less frequent or disappear altogether, well you know what you need to do.....but will fashion allow you to do it? lol

As a stop gap, try this: When getting out of the car, close the door by pushing against the window, when the door is closed, take your ignition key and hold it by the metal part, ie, the top of the shaft just below the plastic handle, move it towards the metal skin of the door until you hear a little crack, thats the electricity coming out of you. If you suffer badly like me, do it when its gets dark and you'll actually see the spark.

In the shop, to help prevent getting zapped, keep one hand on the metal part of the trolley and everytime you enter a new aisle, tip the trolley off the metal shelves. People may look at you funny, but no funnier than when you were doing somersaults in the freezer section while swearing.

Long term solution....change your shoes. :)

Good Lord... I get this sooooo often, it's untrue... off my car, shopping trolleys, hand rails, other people!!!
Always... it's horrid as it generally hurts too.
I even get it from my washing machine, more so if I'm barefoot, and I used to get it off the dishwasher door too!

I find it's better if I'm wearing leather shoes/sandals for some reason. I close my car door by either the window or the sticky up lock, which I'm convinced will snap off one day lol

My daughter hates shopping with me, even if we're just walking next to each other in the commercial centre, if we touch elbows/arms etc she gets a mega 'hit' off me and keeps her distance :(

Sandi, the car key tip will work just as well in the shops. Carry it around in your hand and touch off the metal shelves every so often while holding the metal part of the key. No more shocks and kids that love ya, i should be getting paid for this. :)

Cheers Seanny xxx, I'll give it a go tomorrow!!!!!! Although, I know I'll be scared to go near the shelves lol

It happens when I'm 'grounded' too, I'm willing to try anything :)

Last edited:
i also get shocks off trolleys, cars, chairs etc - but thats cos im highly charged lol

will take note tho next time , what ive got on my hoofs

Try pushing a wheelchair with solid rubber tyres through a shopping mall with plastic tiled floor and then push the metal button to call a lift - that is one heck of a belt!

It only happens to me in the winter when I wear my rubber soled boots - I've had Sean running away in fear in the supermarket cos I kept zapping him! Must say though, the thing he said about holding onto the metal part of the trolley and then touching the trolley to something metal does work.

I once zapped the checkout guy when I passed him my card - don't know who screamed loudest! He avoids me like the plague now. :eek:

but better still, every time my oh gives me a kiss i give him an electric shock :lol:
I always thought that when relationship experts talk about sparks of electricity about attraction between people it was supposed to be a figure of speech :eek:.

I know why I get zapped all the time - when I walk I drag my heels. Mum used to get up me all the time when I was younger.

Happens to me often, and I wind up squeaking indignantly. :lol:

Sometimes, in the winter, when it's dry; one of my girls will come up to me and get zapped and get annoyed with ME as if I did it on purpose:irked:

Lifts do it for me every single one,but it never happens in our car,but always always in my sisters :?:

I wondered what those things were for!!!! :eek: it lways happens to me!! i may have to invest now!!! X :Grope:

Latest posts

Back