Do you get loads of christmas pressies off clients??...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia

Reaction score
My father has 2 salons in London and gets in-undated with pressents from his clients at Christmas.
Last year he got 12 bottles of vodka, 3 boxes of port and cheese.. chocs, wine.. smellies... the list goes on..

I wondered if the same thing happens in the nail industry as the hair one. :rolleyes:

Do your clients always get you a christmas pressie?
And if so.. is it drink and choccies? :hug: :green: :hug:

I get a couple of things, but nothing like your dad !

However, my hairdresser normally gets SO much stuff, they actually have to put everything in the store cupboard !

She showed me last year and it looked like a proper Santa's Grotto.

The majority of the presents were choccies and booze.

Marlise

I get gifts to the point of embarrassment, I have known my clients for many years and they know i am a collector of many things, for Xmas they happily give me outrageous and often quite expensive gifts (they kinda try and outdo each other). In return, this year I am doing private label "NailZoo" wine (red & white wine) for each of them, I dress the dog up and do personalised Xmas cards also.

I get gifts to the point of embarrassment, I have known my clients for many years and they know i am a collector of many things, for Xmas they happily give me outrageous and often quite expensive gifts (they kinda try and outdo each other). In return, this year I am doing private label "NailZoo" wine (red & white wine) for each of them, I dress the dog up and do personalised Xmas cards also.

Yeah Dad has those personalised cards done every year too.

The designed drawing is done different every year by a charachure (sp) atrist called Nick Lyons who sometimes does funny comic drawings for the paper.
They are good, and so funny.
both my sister and I have been illustrated in the drawing one year! :eek:

Personalised wine with Nailzoo written on the label, that has got to be a collectors item. I want one! Do you ship to the UK?

Teri x:hug:

I'm rather spoiled by clients, as I live in Quebec Canada, where tipping is considered "expected" and when they don't, you should feel annoyed and they should feel embarassed.

So, at christmas, they outdo each other with tips.
THEN add gifts.. all kinds... baked stuff, stuff for my kids, one year - "Pupcorn" for my dog :lol: , little trinkets...
They adore me, and I adore them.
This year, they're each getting a moisturization treatment in the electric mitts from me as a treat, and a small tube of hand cream.

Not doing cards as I have enough with doing family cards..... and it takes soooooooooooooooooo long to sign them all :lol:

Most of my clients buy my kids stuff...they have already had 2 lots of advent calenders....since when did they do the hard work...lol...but i really think its sweet, cos they don't have to....Last year i had wine, chocolates and cash tips...again its nice but not expected. xx

last year i got tins of nice biscuits, chocolates, and wine but my clients bless them bought the boys a selection box each, i dont expect stuff off them(christmas costs alot ) but they are so generous.

Well i`ve just been given a pot of breadcrumbs and 3 boxes of oxo cubes off one of my hairdressing clients!!!!! lmao:lol: :lol:
Ah god love her my little old lady who said the oxo`s where a bargin in morrissons!!!:Love:

Well i`ve just been given a pot of breadcrumbs and 3 boxes of oxo cubes off one of my hairdressing clients!!!!! lmao:lol: :lol:
Ah god love her my little old lady who said the oxo`s where a bargin in morrissons!!!:Love:

Ah! Bless her heart!

Teri x:hug:

I get chocolates, wine, biscuits,loads of money, gift vouchers,nuts and I had a pot pouri thingy,oh and candles, but the weirdest thing I had off of one of my ladies was a wrapped up pkt of tissues,you know those little pkts you keep in your handbag. They were quite nice tissues but an odd gift to give.Maybe she didn't have a lot of money but just wanted to give me something to open.Bless her:hug:

I always get me tea when I go round one of my clients!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back