Do you need an artistic flair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodiewood

Reaction score
I am doing the l&p creative course at the end of the month.
I was once told that to do nails you needed to be "arty." Is this true? As I am not good at art/drawing etc so does this mean I wont be any good in nails?

Don't worry!
I've seen techs that can't draw stick figures but can do amazing nails!
Just don't worry!

Kathleen
My Nails Rock!

ah thats a sigh of relief! i was just dreading looking at my replies thinking they were going to say yep you need to be artistic so you may aswell give up now! ha x

I cant draw a thing...but love intricate things....i love threading beads...i love touching up with paint when decorating....i enjoy sewing...anything little and delicate...i think you have to have something but not sure what ....:lol:

im not an arty person at all.
before i did nails the last arty thing i did was when i was doing art at school.im crap at drawing and im not that great at doing nail art either but that doesnt bother me at all.
i love doing nails and its the drive and enthusiam that makes me good and strive to be a better nail tech not if im an arty person or not.
you'll be fine as long as you enjoy what your doing.
good luck with your course im sure you will love it.xx

I don't think that you need to be good at art.... but it does help to be a naturally practical person with an eye for detail.

You need an 'eye'

It is that ability to look at something and just know if it is 'right' - HTH

You need an 'eye'

thats it !!!...thats what i was looking for....:biggrin:

Am not arty just love nails.

I am not arty at all, but I love doing nails and fantasy nail art.

You need an 'eye'

I think that is exactly it hun, I think you need to be able to look at a client's nails beforehand and "see" in your mind how they can/will look when you enhance them and then keep that image in your mind as you are working on them.

It's not so much about being arty, but artistic. :biggrin:

kewl i am pleased with all your answers! im not arty but i know when something looks good and how to make it look good if that makes sense! i am very particular when having my own nails done, the lady that used to do my nails was a bit scared when she was doing them because i would watch the whole time!

i have recently booked my self on cnd foundation course and looking to now give up my childminding and childcare course to do this full time. But my partner said to me the other day.... dont you need to be artistic and you cant draw lol

so glad someone asked and you have all answered that question that will shut him up lol!

louisa

Latest posts

Back