Do you prefer clients to talk or be quiet through treatments.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I prefer to see client being quiet through any holistic treatment, massage and facials.

What do you prefer talking or quietness?

I am really chatty with my clients for waxing and nails, but for facials and massage, no chatting!! Also I don't let them chat during a lash tint:eek:
And facial electrolysis... no chatting:eek:

But now and then a client chats all the way through a massage, and keeps their eyes open ... omg it's so off putting, I never know if I've done a good job because my concentration has not been there! I even had a lady who would look over her shoulder to chat whilst lying on her front - aaaaargh I felt like saying, 'shall we go out for coffee?'

I have to say I prefer them not to talk during a facial or massage - that way I know they're getting maximum benefit from the relaxation - but at the end of the day it's up to the client. If they want to chat it's up to them, but I wouldn't initiate a conversation, I just follow their lead. Some people relax by talking, some relax by going to sleep!

I do say I try and keep conversation to manicures/pedicures, where there is free time, to have a good old chat, I do confess, I do tend to run over they treatments, as I loose the flow.

I even had a lady who would look over her shoulder to chat whilst lying on her front - aaaaargh I felt like saying, 'shall we go out for coffee?' This made me laugh, I can just imagine it!!!

I love chatting :green:BUT for facials and massage one of the things I say whilst getting the client settled on the couch is-
"Lie back, close your eyes, relax and enjoy your pampering"! :lol::lol:

Usually works!

Well, I don't do holistic treatments and I love a good chinwag:lol:
I have been told some outrageous stories form some of my clients and its lovely to catch up with them when they come for a re balance. But if I was having the whole massage, scented candles and soft music thing going on then yer, hearing all about the bloke next door and what his girlfriend did would seem really out of place:lol:

I always say to clients at the beginning of a facial that this is their time to relax and enjoy but if they wish to talk during the facial i am more than happy to chat. After all it is their time and they are paying for my time. I generally find that a chat starts but clients eventually chill n rest !!!!!!!!!!

I prefer to see client being quiet through any holistic treatment, massage and facials.

What do you prefer talking or quietness?

i think this works both ways - i hate it when a therapist insists on "chatting" thro a treatment - i want peace, quiet and calm - i dont talk when i having a treatment so would think that the therapist would pick up on it

it works both ways for me, with facials theres generally an update into what they've been doing but by the deep cleanse they are usually a bit quieter. One thing i find disconcerting is a couple of clients that like to keep their eyes open during a facial, wierd:eek: 5 mins in and i'll generally find some way to let my hands pass over they're eyes so that they close them, i guess some people don't relax straight away. Its taken a while but i've finally got used to doing treatments and chatting but not making eye contact, i would find myself gassing away and then realise i was running late!:lol:

I don't mind chit chat, it's fine . . . but some people get too deep, or ask questions that make me think too much . .. and then my hands don't work as fast lol! I try to steer it back to something lighter.

If clients want to talk i'll talk. I just usually pick up on it. Sometimes you get one word answers from clients and just a vibe that 'this time' they'd rather just relax during their treatment. Other times they fancy a good chin wag. Ive had one or two clients talking all the way through facials before now. Its nice if im feeling tired myself and the client wants a bit of peace and quiet, as i can have a quiet time for myself too. It can be draining talking and listening all day!

I sometimes talk during a facial,but only at the cleansing stage,from there on it is silence!!

I dont really do a lot of massage,and my husband generally does sports massage,and i know he has to talk during it,as it is remedeial so he needs to know where the problem areas are.

For manicures,i sometimes talk,but then again,it isnt small talk...this is the clients time for peace and relaxation,thry are paying for that service,and are chilling out,some clients report they are in a semi coma:eek::lol:

generally not talk after initial 5 mins.

but one client wants to sit bolt upright and talk incessantly, i tried to encourage quietness but made her feel uncomfortable.

I also take their lead, if they chat, Ichat back. but find it hard to concentrate especially reflexology.

im only talking nails, as i dont do beauty treatments,but

whilst im prepping and filing etc we chat away,
but when it comes to application, i say to my clients, "im going to shut up now, as i need to concentrate lol"
they say , "ohh thats fine im nearly asleep as it is!!",
so from then on until the end its silence, then its all chat again

if i were to have a beauty treatment though, id like my therapist to be chatty to start with then tell me to relax and enjoy, and then be silent so i could doze off!!

im only talking nails, as i dont do beauty treatments,but

whilst im prepping and filing etc we chat away,
but when it comes to application, i say to my clients, "im going to shut up now, as i need to concentrate lol"
they say , "ohh thats fine im nearly asleep as it is!!",
so from then on until the end its silence, then its all chat again

if i were to have a beauty treatment though, id like my therapist to be chatty to start with then tell me to relax and enjoy, and then be silent so i could doze off!!
This sis correct Nikki,there is a time and place for chat,and as therapists we instintively know when we need to stop talking....well i like to think like that....:lol:

I'm a yappy -yapper ...and I like clients who are the same......

Latest posts

Back